To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Looking for buddy group

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

rtodd5011
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Looking for buddy group

Postby rtodd5011 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Im at level one and looking for a buddy group. I havent heard yet what the topic is for this next week. im looking for christian encouragment writers.

Richard
God Bless,
Rtodd (Rich) :thumbs

P.S. I am making a goal to be really stretched and work on fiction stories for the second quarter of 2014. I covet your prayers for creative and original ideas...Thanks in advance! :bow :coolsign

Shann

Re: Looking for buddy group

Postby Shann » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Hey there, I am part of a group and know of one other who might be willing to help. When you say you want Christian feedback, what does that mean to you exactly? My interpretation is that you may be looking for positive feedback more than constructive critiques. Though my constructive feedback comes from a place of love and a desire to help others become the best writer possible, it can still sting a bit if you're not expecting it. I always try to include positive things as well esp when I leave comments on the boards but, when part of a crit group or a buddy I will be more honest and upfront since I assume people wouldn't join a crit group unless they wanted constructive critiques. So if you're still interested send me a PM with your email and I'll try to find a group for you. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

rtodd5011
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby rtodd5011 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Sorry I was meaning that as a writing style. I dont necessarily write stories but i write words to encourage Christians. I Am looking for constructive criticism whatever that may be. :D

:thankssign
Richard
God Bless,

P.S. I am making a goal to be really stretched and work on fiction stories for the second quarter of 2014. I covet your prayers for creative and original ideas...Thanks in advance! :bow :coolsign

rtodd5011
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby rtodd5011 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 pm

I just sent you a pm Shann, it went into the "out" box as well as some emails i had sent to Deb Porter, which i never heard back from her. But when i looked in the sent box there was no message in there. I hope you get it.

~rich
God Bless,

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Yep, what happens is when you send something it goes in the out box, but it doesn't go into the send box until the recipient actually reads it. So you can know that Deb hasn't read your message. I do believe she was having problems with her PM and I'm not sure if it has been resolved.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Vincemar
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Vincemar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm not sure how a buddy group works, but I'd be happy to crit your work. I'm new, but I'm amazed how often a piece of work is read without ever receiving a comment when the author asks for one. Apart from the challenge, it's hard to get crits. I'm not on PM yet, so any crits would be public. I can add you to my track this author list and comment on new articles. I would appreciate the same.
Thanks,
Vinmar
Vincent Martella. Vinmartella@gmail.com

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:49 pm

The buddy groups here are mainly for the challenge to allow people to get their story proofread and get some feedback before they enter.

If you're looking for other feedback, the best place to go is to the Critique Circle. There is also a new option to get some feedback for a short fee, if you don't have the time to earn credits by leaving feedback for others or if you are a Silver member.

Also if you submit a story to the main submission part and want some feedback, you can start a thread on the Open Forum and ask for feedback and provide a link so people can find it easily. I hope this helps.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups