To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 am

Rebecky wrote:I think i'm sick.

:(

Awwww Sorry to hear it. Praying things get better soon.

And Leah... bully them back. Say it is against you religion to listen to doctors, thats why you got the jpb at a hospital. :wink:

Prqaying for all the sickly peoples. And is that Peppermint Patty we were speaking of, or the newer one, tell her she BETTER take care of herself, and come back and visit or I will be hurt. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 am

Okay, that took way too long to write...I won't tell you which one it is for the sake of judging, but it's the one that looks like it took a lot of work - extreme decisions over word choices. Google was my friend tonight. :roll: I'm not hoping for any ribbons, but a few accolades would cheer me up. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the prayers, Pup. I'm feeling that nasty tickle in the throat. Hopefully it's only allergies. I haven't had to pull out my arsenal of cold/flu meds in a couple years, but I will if I have to. Thankfully California isn't one of the states that mandates flu shots, and even the L.A. County head health official admitted the vaccine is only 62% effective, so it'd be better if nurses encouraged people to practice hand hygiene and cover their faces when sneezing/coughing. Nurses in other states have lost their jobs, even if refusing the vaccine for religious reasons. But some of them refused to wear a mask. I see no problem with wearing a mask - it'd probably keep you from getting sick at all! I meticulously clean the items I use at work, but being in close proximity to sick people doesn't help. Of course no one wears a mask unless they're coughing a lot, so the germies go all over the place. :?

Well, I was going to do some Wii Fit, but considering how late it is, I should try to sleep instead. I have another 4:15pm chiro appt, and then I'm working, so I need to be rested. Oh, the endless striving for sleep. Better make my lentil stew for the crock, too. Night night.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

My throat hurts tons and i'm tired. I feel like I haven't slept but I did some.

If my throat just stopped hurting I'd feel tons better.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! Barb on your HC in level three! Happy Dance!!! Here's the link it's a great read! http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=44517
:coolsign :superhappy :clap :party :party :party

Oh and this morning with like 47 minutes to spare, I entered the challenge. I think you may recognize the MC. I am glad they pushed back the deadline an hour. I caught a handful of errors that I would have accepted otherwise. I'm sure I still missed some, but at least I was awake, unlike my last entry.

Oh, and I hope all you sickos feel better soon. Hmm that might have come out wrong :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

As I am the only real sicko around here, I thank you. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 am

You're welcome and the verdict is still out on you being the only one :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:46 am

I join the rankings of sickos cause i'm sick and cause, like pup, i don't like the doctor or go. Not to mention I love the snow and even pray for it. :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 am

Shann wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!! Barb on your HC in level three! Happy Dance!!! Here's the link it's a great read! http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=44517
:coolsign :superhappy :clap :party :party :party

Oh and this morning with like 47 minutes to spare, I entered the challenge. I think you may recognize the MC. I am glad they pushed back the deadline an hour. I caught a handful of errors that I would have accepted otherwise. I'm sure I still missed some, but at least I was awake, unlike my last entry.

Oh, and I hope all you sickos feel better soon. Hmm that might have come out wrong :mrgreen:

Barb...what an excellent use of the topic word, measure. Like Shannikins, I didn't know what a measure meant either. You did a great job making me feel your panic right along with you, and as Shannikins said, the transition from the story to the lesson of staying focused on Christ was seamless!

Hi y'all! Sorry some of you are feeling cruddy. So far, so good for me except for the allergy thingy that's just about year round for me anymore. :(

Just a quick poking my two cents in and now....off to work. Didn't want anyone to think I was sliding away again! :mrgreen:

Attachments
th_thRainbowbutterflyflappingwings.gif
th_thRainbowbutterflyflappingwings.gif (52.77 KiB) Viewed 663 times

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 pm

might disappear for a while. I'm getting sicker. Aches. chiils. fever. headache. etc.

just want to sleep at this point.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Rest, liquids and time are the best things for you now dear sweet Becky. I hope you all feel better soon.

Since it's official brick throwing season here are two stories that you all might be interested in. I won't say who's is whose though, it'll help with the suspense!

No Sleep for the Dreamer

and Thoughts while Awake
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Rebecky wrote:I join the rankings of sickos cause i'm sick and cause, like pup, i don't like the doctor or go. Not to mention I love the snow and even pray for it. :tongue

Praying for snow doesn't make you a sicko, it just means you are strange. :P

Seeing the first of the bricks Shann just posted following you comment about sleeping, I had to laugh.

And Bubbles.. don't worry. I don't think anyone here thinks of you as the proverbial cheese sliding off the cracker. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:37 am

Becky, sorry you're feeling so horrible. :( Everyone is sick around here, too. At my work meeting everyone was coughing and sick. I'm paranoid I'll get sick right before my trip or from the plane ride, but I'm doing what I can to keep my immune system up and so far so good. Oh and my boss said there just aren't many deaf students this term, so that's why I didn't get work.

I finished season one of the newest Doctor Who and am horribly disappointed that Eccleston won't be playing him anymore. I haven't seen other actors play the part, but I thought Eccleston (aka Dr. 9) did it very well. I thought the last couple episodes weren't as good, either.

Pup, yeah, it is "Peppermint Patty" who fell and hurt her knee. :(
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

b24bomb

Postby b24bomb » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Boo.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Hiya Bomber, long time no see.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 am

Hey Wren! Glad to have seen you on IM chat the other day, though sad we didn't get a chance to talk a bit longer. Hope to chat again sometime soon.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler