To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Sparrow

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Sparrow » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 am

Yeah, Andy and I are in no rush. We did want to spend some time in person, but not meaning the trip to be anything more serious than that. The fact that we were just good friends for about seven months before it became more helped with the naturalness, "be yourself" part, since we knew each other already before we had a need to "impress" or anything.

Shann, my grandma has that same startle reflex. When my mom was little, she'd have to stand in the doorway and yell if she needed to wake her mom, otherwise she'd get clobbered. :P

Tomorrow I have to go in to the college for a mandatory meeting for all the interpreters. I guess I'll talk to my boss and try to get a sense of why I didn't get any work this term...

Oh, and I've interacted a tad with Becky on FaceBook and IM in the last couple of days and she seems okay.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 am

So I had to check out the post counts and Amy's been here 6 years longer than I have and has 3xs as many post, Allison has been here 7 years more and I have more than she does but she is on post 3333. Which explains why I have less posts because when I hit 1111 I wanted to keep it that why so I was quiet for like forever, then finally I couldn't stand it anymore so after 6 painful hours I reposted. :mrgreen:

Oh and Jay, I wasn't the one marrying Amy off, it was PUp! So there tah! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 am

*Edited and Removed*
Last edited by Rebecky on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Shann wrote:man this is so cool I just found out my new tablet that I got for Christmas will let me talk into it and then it will type the words like thatI saidthe word but I can't figure out how to make it start a new sentence and capitalize it. But I figured out. Oh cool it just did it except instead of writing the word. It gave me that that hmm I guess I'll have to work on this.. Um you even did my arms no arms ohms no Papa won't have to worry about my clumsy fingers getting caught in the keyboard. Pop pop a good grief no no pop Pupp only 1 p okay this is going to get more confusing than my clumsy fingers but it's really fun I can talk and talk and talk forever I thought you guys didn't know that about me but no no bat not thought no b**** bat wrecker how I'm laughing so hard is coming up with weird symbols I didn't swear I'm trying to say that BET it was really funare you guys sick of my new toy yet? This is awesome I wonder if I can write my stories like that my fingers can never keep up with my brain. Actually hardly anything can keep up with my brain. It's scary in here all by myself. Okay I'm done playing now have a nice Sunday! Cool!this whole post only took me like 60 Seconds to writeso now I can say so much more faster I bet you guys are all jumping for joy.

I am not going to worry about this. Nope, not one bit. I will mark it off as another sleep typing thingy, and not worry at all. :roll:

And Bird I did not mean right away. I mean, you know down the line, in a few ummm... never mind.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:12 am

Becky deleted her post.... Did I say something wrong again? Or not say something that I should have? :?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 am

I don't know what Becky's post was, but I do know that she's now out of power and very cold. :( :brrr

Oh and you remember Patty? She said on FaceBook that she fell and hurt her knee badly and needs to go to the hospital but feels like it's too icy to even call an ambulance. So pray for her, too.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Becky's post was very what's the word, normal? There wasn't anything in it that anyone should delete. I know she said she was back and that she had not been feeling well and she talked about her football team. I don't know why it would have been deleted--unless she did it herself.

I didn't know her power was down. I know she's a tad rather south than I am, but it's been frigid here! I couldn't keep the house above 55 yesterday. We went through more wood in one day than we normally might in a week so I'm definitely worried about Becky without power and Patty as well. I know she has a hard time heating her house. She too uses a wood stove and keeps the room where her birds are warm, but with her falling, it might be really hard to keep the fire going. I know I'm delighted when Chris gets home and takes over.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Somewhere on these boards we were joking about California weather, especially how we West Coasters percieve cold. I found this little site I think those of you in other, more frigid states will find interesting.
http://coolweather.net/extremes/califor ... tremes.htm .

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

My son is at Duke in NC and was whining that the temp was 30. I had no sympathy! :x
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

I think i'm sick.

:(
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Auugghhh! My crazy post disappeared. May be for the best as I was going off on various tangents and since that's so out of character for me, I didn't know if it might worry ya all that the cold had finally gotten to my brain. But basically I asked Becky wait no I told Becky I was sorry she was sick and then stated lots of creeping crud going about then I think I mentioned how lucky I've been with my health then I frantically looked for wood upon which I knocked most emphatically then fought with spell check(I won!) searched for computer for smiley knocking on wood, then fought with computer as I tried to transfer image to page (computer won) then asked Becky if power was out then lost my post (yeah I know I probably did something to make it run away and hide and now we are all caught up to old post. Oh I did use the word wee instead of tad and then went on about British literature and how I hadn't been reading it but wanted to spice up my posts so I subbed wee for tad and then said I liked the show Elementary (I got there from the British lit Sherlock Holmes. okay now I'm caught up!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm

My friend was just diagnosed with bronchitis and she had come over on Monday. I'm not sure if it's contagious but I'm guessing maybe it is. I dunno.

Anyway our power went out for 5 hours and I got no sleep.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Technically bronchitis itself isn't contagious but the virus that causes the bronchial tubes to become inflamed and infected can be. I thought you'd be running around because of that football thingy. I always am able to predict the winner of Super Bowl based ion very scientific and complicated formulas. I have never been wrong and Q thinks I'll like the Ravens(is that right?) because purple is one of their colors. But it's not just based on colors but which team has the coolest helmet. But Q still thinks I'll go for Baltimore. I'll let you know when I see both teams on the field. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Actually, I am very happy we're going to the Superbowl but I new we would so I wasn't so excited that we're going because I knew already.

But I think I'm getting a sinus infection anyway.
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:57 am

I've been feeling a little sickly for the last couple of weeks but everyone at work is spreading their germs instead of staying home so it wouldn't be surprising if I came down with something. Still, I've been taking allergy meds and vitamins C & D so hopefully I can hold it off. Of course health officials are freaking out about the flu and bullying nurses into getting flu shots even if they have a good reason for refusing. The end of March can't come soon enough.

I checked the schedule and everyone is working tonight including the gal doing an extra shift, so there's a good chance I'll make my hours the next two nights. Plus it's POURING down rain right now after a few weeks of dryness, so probably we'll have some water breaking going on tonight and tomorrow. And I think the full moon is close too. I just need my hours. Have lots of bills and other things I want to buy in the near future.

Tried to write for the Challenge last night, and I'll try to finish it tonight. It'll be a cool piece if I get it done.

Not much else. Got to find a recipe for lentil soup. Have veggies and crockpot and chicken stock. Must make something cool. I mean hot. Soup should be hot. :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler