To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Ms. Barbie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 pm

And God-Bless Shann! Love you! :D

Also thanks for the challenge assist.
Barb Culler

Allison

Postby Allison » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:And God-Bless Shann! Love you! :D

Yes! Thank you for Shann, Lord, and the blessing she has been. I pray that you would keep her healthy and pain free in 2013, and I pray that 2013 would be another hospital free year for her! Thank you for her sweet and encouraging spirit.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:22 am

Shannikins...WOW ! You have a full plate yourself and yet you produced such an uplifting, heartfelt, and inspiring prayer for EVERYONE. You make-a-me feel sooooo special and that is only one of the things mes luvs 'bout ya. You are such a blessing my friend!!!

bth_thank_you.jpg
bth_thank_you.jpg (2.04 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:25 am

Aw, Shann, I totally felt loved and wrapped up in peace just reading your beautiful prayers. What a blessing you are to all of us. :grouphug

It's finally warming up around here - winter is short in these parts! :lol: And next weekend we're driving to Phoenix which is roughly the same temperature as us right now. It'll be a nice quick break. I'm excited to see my old coworker who is a huge encouragement to me and has challenged my understanding about the medical field and how what we do as nurses can have an impact on the patient's experience. She just moved there last year and hasn't had many visitors from home. Not that I have been in Seattle for awhile but we still keep in contact via FB and stuff. :roll:

Well, I did work without having to take standby, and it was plenty busy except for Wednesday night which suddenly got busy at 5:30am. That's just when it tends to get busy for us and it's too late to call someone in and too early to get day shifters to work before their shift. So we scramble. We really scrambled last night too after 4am. I had the lady whose labor was less than an hour. :shock: Fun, but kind of a wild ride! :lol:

We were going to hang out with our small group friends tonight but they cancelled at the last minute, so we went to the improv group again. Played different games but it was still fun. It's a good exercise for me because I always complain that I'm not creative like other people. It forces me to make things up on the fly. We are considering joining the group in the future, which would let me try things like speech writing, too. After we pay for the hundred other things we need...

I'm super tired tonight, but at least my pain is marginally reduced after chiropractic this week. My new chiro is great; she is very competent and is comprehensive in her approach. I'm anticipating getting better this year. Of course I do need to submit to doing the exercises, but that's doable if I put my mind to it. Debating working out tonight or just sleeping. We'll see what takes priority.

Glad to see almost everyone catching up. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 am

Leah, I'd love to go to an improve party like that. How fun. We used to do things like that in my interpreting class when we were learning ASL. And when some FaithWriters were in town David Ian took us to an improve performance. So fun!

Shann, I'd forgotten about the prayers but now that you did them again, I miss having them more often, if that makes any sense. Thank you. (((hugs)))

So you know how I mentioned Andy and I were talking about a trip? Well we matched up our schedules and figured out the time that worked best for both of us is... now! So I bought tickets and am flying there on the 31st. I'll stay next door at his parents' house. It being so soon suddenly makes me a tiny bit nervous but mostly just looking forward to it.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:42 am

So... if you two hit it off in the person to person part, then decide to get married, are you going to invite us all. I don't do weddings meself, but I would always like the opperunity to turn one down. :mrgreen:

I will be praying for a safe trip and a good time while you are there.

...but not TOO good. :fingerwag

:heehee
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm

We had talked about me going with Amy as a chaperone but I think A,y was afraid I'd corrupt her. My kids know how I am-- OK often cross the line so then I have to say something else to cross it again. Though now when kids say Mom you crossed the line! I'll ask Do you want me to get back again. They say No! I just don't get it do they want me over the line or not. The only way to get back on the other side is to cross the line again right? Kids can be so fickle really. needless to say I'm not going on the trip with Amy at least this time maybe next time. :mrgreen: insert evil laugh. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 pm

man this is so cool I just found out my new tablet that I got for Christmas will let me talk into it and then it will type the words like thatI saidthe word but I can't figure out how to make it start a new sentence and capitalize it. But I figured out. Oh cool it just did it except instead of writing the word. It gave me that that hmm I guess I'll have to work on this.. Um you even did my arms no arms ohms no Papa won't have to worry about my clumsy fingers getting caught in the keyboard. Pop pop a good grief no no pop Pupp only 1 p okay this is going to get more confusing than my clumsy fingers but it's really fun I can talk and talk and talk forever I thought you guys didn't know that about me but no no bat not thought no b**** bat wrecker how I'm laughing so hard is coming up with weird symbols I didn't swear I'm trying to say that BET it was really funare you guys sick of my new toy yet? This is awesome I wonder if I can write my stories like that my fingers can never keep up with my brain. Actually hardly anything can keep up with my brain. It's scary in here all by myself. Okay I'm done playing now have a nice Sunday! Cool!this whole post only took me like 60 Seconds to writeso now I can say so much more faster I bet you guys are all jumping for joy.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm

I shudder to think of what that might come up with if you spoke your sleep texts.... :D
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 pm

That might be quite funny or quite embarrassing or even disturbing. Chris told me once I was freaking out and describing horrible scenes. Something about corpses stacked out by the door. The poor guy has endured a lot over the years. Once when I was still working in OB, I kept waking him up to ask if I could let the mom push yet. Finally after several attempts of trying to convince me I was dreaming, he decided to change tactics and told me to let her push. I guess I shut up after that.

Then when M was 6 or 7, I'd have these nightmares where I'd scream "Don't kill me." One night I heard her voice from the other room Mommy is someone really trying to kill you or are you dreaming again? After reassuring her that I was fine, her next reply was Good shut up and go back to sleep! Gotta love kids.

When I lived in town the houses were close and one night I woke up to the phone ringing. I knew I had been screaming but was so embarrassed. But if I didn't answer the phone, I also knew the cops would be knocking on my door. So I answered the phone and explained I had nightmares. After that the neighbor would yell out the window to tell me everything was okay I was dreaming. I got a little nervous because if anyone wanted to kill me, they could and no one would think twice about my screams. :roll:

I have tons of stories like that. I think the one people remember the most was Lyd was in my bed with me because she was sick, and I saw her spirit leave her body so I grabbed it and shoved it back in. No one came when I was screaming but when Lyd started to yell they came running. Now they pick on me still all these years later, you'd think the kid would be grateful that I saved her life! Image
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 am

Of course you'd all be invited to the wedding. But we're not quite ready to jump that far ahead yet! And I promise we'll be very good.

Shann, Andy uses Dragon Naturally Speaking to text and email me and some of Dragon's errors are very funny. I might copy your post and send it to him for amusement.

That was nice of your neighbor to try to comfort you by yelling out the window, haha. As for acting out dreams, my grandpa did that once, too. Were you like shoving on M's chest or something thing? :P My grandpa was in Mexico and dreamed he came across a deadly snake and had to try to kill it. He was moaning or yelling or something so my grandma tried to wake him up. Except she woke him just enough for him to jump up and stomp on the snake.... or rather, stomp on the nearest thing--which happened to be grandma's leg. He almost broke it! It was horribly bruised. She never woke him up in the middle of a dream again. :heehee

I do things sort of like that. I get really bad muscle jerks sometimes and at times they interact with my dreams. I've punched my poor cat in the nose quite a number of times.

Hey Holly, by the way, you missed my last private message to you, I think... I was asking about how to qualify for in-home aid around the house.

All right, I better get to bed. I'm running 23 minutes late and I have to get up early. My mom's family has a breakfast once a month for whoever can come. Normally I can't go because I'm so sick in the mornings, but since I'm not working this term and don't have to get up any other mornings this week, I'll brave it in order to get to see people.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 am

Amy me feel free to send Andy my post. If my strange texts can entertain your family then I don't see why my strange talking can't entertain your boyfriend.

I have horrible startle reflex. Even when I'm in the hospital the nurses learned not to wake me up near my face because I will punch them but instead they stand at the bottom of the bad and they tug on my toe. I have Ran after almost everyone in the family and in the morning when they're getting ready to leave the the kids will push Chris in and make him wake me up so that I don't beat them up. Q told his class about me and his professor side I am 1 of the few people who truly have a fight reflux instead of the flight reflex I have clocked people a few times. It's really bad if I have something in my hand like the remote. Maybe I should write a book about all the stories. I don't think anybody would believe me though. I'm using the voice thingy stuff and the dogs are barking but it isn't picking up the dogs' bark. I expected to see ARF ARF
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Gee, Shann, you already have Amy married off :wink: You doggy stories or was it dog and pet yarns? I think it would fun. Thanks for the prayer.

Yeah, Amy, take the relationship sloooow. You guys make a good match, though.

Is Becky hiding?
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:23 pm

She had a hard time getting on the other day but I contacted Mike for her and I think she said she was able to log on. If we don't hear from her soon, I'll give her a text. Man it's cold and snowing again! :brrr I don't think I'll venture out for Bible study tonight.
Shann

Shann's Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 am

Well, I'm on standby again, and there was nobody in labor when they called me so it's unlikely for them to call me in unless the bus rolls up. I'm third on the list. It's fine. I am scheduled for four shifts instead of three this week so I can make it up. And I have a chiro appt at 4:15pm, so it's better if I go to bed early anyway. Not that I'd mind if they did call me in. Time and a half. :mrgreen:

Shann, you should write a story! It'd fit perfectly with this week's Challenge. :lol: I like your new typing toy. Now you'll catch up to Pup and Amy with their post counts. Oops, did I say that out loud? :roll:

Amy, I hope you enjoy your trip. As everyone's already said, it's fine to take it slow. First dates can be funny. Our first date involved a cop who was bored and a ticket...sad story but it makes us laugh. Just be yourself. Eventually you'll have to, so it's better to not have all the drama that the movies make it seem as normal.

Well, I'm going to be a good girl and do some commenting on the Challenge entries like Shann told me to. Have a good night, all!

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler