To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Authors in Book 3 - Genres

Information and announcements about new Mixed Blessings Anthologies which are a compilation of the Editors' Choice winning Writing Challenge entries.

Moderator: Deb Porter

lish1936
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Authors in Book 3 - Genres

Postby lish1936 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:13 am

Shann wrote:I'm so glad you are able to use Cassie's story! I know Lillian had mentioned something about that a little while ago. I know it'll mean a lot to her and I'm so happy that Cassie's family will have a book to honor her. God does amazing things. (And you do a lot of the helping Deb :))

Thanks, Shann, for remembering my concerns. :D

Deb, I was wondering how you managed to notify Cassie's family. Obviously, from your side note next to her name, she has passed away.

I'm really impresssed with the speedy production plans. Book Three -Wow!

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Writetrack

Postby Writetrack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Can't even remember which entry of mine made it into this one. I've aged quite a bit since then, you know...LoL...Looking forward to reading all of the entries! :)

Kristen Hester

Postby Kristen Hester » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:49 am

This is great news! My first EC will be in that book. :superhappy Despite having 29 writer challenge stories that made EC, I haven't seen any of them published yet. :( Maybe seeing my writing in print will motivate me to start writing again. Maybe...

My Profile

Teach your child like he will be here forever but love your child like it is his last day.

yvonne

Postby yvonne » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:59 pm

I joined after you did this quarter, but every time I've heard about it, it sounded like a fun (but challenging) one to do. I wish I had been a part of it. Is there any chance you might do it again sometime?
(One thing about the Challenge is that there is plenty of room for creativity and variety.)

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:54 pm

lish1936 wrote:Deb, I was wondering how you managed to notify Cassie's family. Obviously, from your side note next to her name, she has passed away.

Sadly, yes. Cassie passed away about a month ago after years of bad health. She was a very precious sister in Christ.

I had heard that Cassie had died, but then her daughter contacted me to let me know as well (via Cassie's email address). I asked her daughter for a contact email address for her, as I knew Cassie would have winning entries in future books and wanted to be sure of getting family permission.

I'm so thankful for that contact. Unfortunately, some people are not so easy to find. I have a feeling one of the ladies in the second book may have passed away last year, but I don't have any way to confirm that just yet.

Kristen Hester wrote:This is great news! My first EC will be in that book. Despite having 29 writer challenge stories that made EC, I haven't seen any of them published yet. Maybe seeing my writing in print will motivate me to start writing again. Maybe...

I sincerely hope so, Kristen. I still remember when you first arrived at FaithWriters and went zooming up the ranks. You are one of those writers who immediately made an impact and is not forgotten. :D

Writetrack wrote:Can't even remember which entry of mine made it into this one. I've aged quite a bit since then, you know...LoL...Looking forward to reading all of the entries!

Have to admit, I'm not totally sure how many winning entries you have in this book, Lynda, BUT I am fairly certain that one of the winners was for the Romance Genre.

yvonne wrote:I joined after you did this quarter, but every time I've heard about it, it sounded like a fun (but challenging) one to do. I wish I had been a part of it. Is there any chance you might do it again sometime?
(One thing about the Challenge is that there is plenty of room for creativity and variety.)

Absolutely, Yvonne. So many people have commented on how much fun that was (and how stretching). It did have weeks where people were cringing at being pushed so far out of their comfort zone, but they still rose to the challenge, week after week. They saw how valuable it was as an exercise to be pushed in that way, and some people really surprised themselves.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

RuthAnnCC
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby RuthAnnCC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:10 am

I just saw this post and am thrilled to see my name on the list! I had just started writing on FW about a month before the Genre topics started and I really enjoyed the challenge of thinking of something to write for each of them. Anyway, it's really exciting and just the kick in the pants I need to get me submitting again. Thanks Deb, for all your hard work!
RuthAnn

Gentle1
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Gentle1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 am

How exciting! This book will have my second E.C. story in it! I can't wait to hold the book in my hands! :)

Myrna

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 am

Gentle1 wrote:I can't wait to hold the book in my hands! :)

Myrna

You and me both, Myrna. This is a really big publishing year.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Gentle1
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Gentle1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 pm

:D :superhappy :clap

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Deb Porter wrote:
You and me both, Myrna. This is a really big publishing year.

Love, Deb

Just wondering Deb if there's been a price assigned to the books, or is that to be determined?

Sorry if the question was answered elsewhere. :)

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

bccoomes
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby bccoomes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi Deb!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to see that the Genre-themed book is going to print. :) I noticed my name on the list and that the forms were shooting to go out by the end of January...If they have gone out I have not received them as of yet so figured I'd touch base about that.

Can't wait to to secure several copies for my family and friends! Thanks so much for pressing on through the difficult and challenging times and still bringing these stories and books "back to the future." :D

Bryan Coomes
Romans 12: 1-2

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. "

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Obviously, I'm not Deb - but I'm pretty sure those forms haven't gone out yet, Bryan (good to see you again, by the way!!!). I've got two in this one too - they're what got me into Masters :)
Have a wonderful day!

bccoomes wrote:Hi Deb!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to see that the Genre-themed book is going to print. :) I noticed my name on the list and that the forms were shooting to go out by the end of January...If they have gone out I have not received them as of yet so figured I'd touch base about that.

Can't wait to to secure several copies for my family and friends! Thanks so much for pressing on through the difficult and challenging times and still bringing these stories and books "back to the future." :D

Bryan Coomes

bccoomes
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby bccoomes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey Joanne!

Thanks for the follow up and its nice to see you again :)

I double checked the contact info in my profile so it should be up to date...can't wait for this book. The genre-challenge was so much fun (and not just because that's the only time I placed...but that certainly didn't hurt either :wink: )

Thanks again.

Bryan
Romans 12: 1-2

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. "

SamaraKaye

Postby SamaraKaye » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi.

It's been a long time since I was on the forum but I saw this and was wondering if the forms have gone out for this book yet.

I hope I didn't miss it if it did. I check my email only about once every one or two weeks.
My Associated Content page
My Helium Page

Sandra L. Petersen
My life in His hands

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Deb, have you sent out the release forms for this? If so, I don't think I got one.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

PreviousNext

Return to Challenge Books - Mixed Blessings