To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:59 am

I could have swore I just read a post from Bekky at the top of this page. Where did it go..? :?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:Now this am I found a text I was in middle of writing to Amy but don't think I sent it. Ow ow ow only about ten decibasld only about 100xz louder My SATs must be love ciz this feels like t being usbn that only I have access to I'd live your kitty beingtrysed. I need BR but s c I oct is so I don't think thdy sold doty ky I be ex pee bad but am afraid Ill fall and mess it all fys

:shock: Huh? Was that what you thought you sent as a text to Amy or did you get a finger stuck in your keyboard again. :?

Luv ya Shann. :heehee
No that was letter for letter what I sent to Amy--well I didn't send it because I was asleep and luckily the phone dropped out of my hands before I hit sent
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:29 pm

There was a text from Becky explaining why I had freaked her out. I din't want to say the why part in case she didn't want to share it with everyone but I was so glad when I did see it because it made a lot more sense then my text before. Now Pup I say at least two things are possible--you and I were both sleep reading and we both slept read Becky's message but when we woke up we both realized it was only a dream OR the aliens have invaded Becky's body and deleted the text to make the two of us go a bit bonkier.

I think both scenarios have the same possibility of occurring but I haven't figured out which one it is yet. I think it'll all depend on what Becky or what Alien Becky says and does next.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm

I get sleep texts from Shann all the time. They are quite amusing. :mrgreen:

Holly, yes, my disability aid did come through! I have Medicaid and Medicare and it'll pay my insurance premium, co-pays, medications, everything. It'll even back-pay for my sleep study. I'm relieved. I'm still figuring everything out though, and don't have it all set up yet. Not sure if I'll be keeping Kaiser or if I won't need it or what....

Awww, cute about the older couple!

As for my sister, she got the flu, and then a C-dif infection, and then reacted to the antibiotic. She's still weak but doing much better now that she's on a different med.

I actually wrote a challenge story this week!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm

This is the first year that I hate the cold. My joints hurt all the time now :(
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 am

Two back-to-back busy shifts...mmm...tired...

Was good, though. I had four very different patients over the course of two nights, which is the part about my job that I enjoy. Never a dull moment. Just very tiring at the end of it all. And my body aches all over. Thankfully I can get a massage on Friday. :mrgreen:

You're right, Holly - I should look into teaching since I'd rather do that. And although college professors don't make what an acute care hospital nurse makes, they also don't have to work nights and weekends, which fits in better when we'll have a family. Which isn't on the way anytime soon, Miss Amy. :wink: And yes, Shann, I love my job and it'd be wonderful to be a midwife, but I wouldn't do it in this country. Not enough respect from the medical community and sky-high malpractice insurance costs because of the crazy litigation over every little possible problem. I worry enough about bad situations I've been party to in the hospital as a nurse - they have up to 21 years to sue for a bad outcome during birth. Doesn't matter how much we pour our lives into helping women during childbirth - if anything goes wrong, blame everyone but chance. No, if I were to do midwifery, I would want to do it in Europe or a third world country, where I'd be appreciated without fear of prosecution.

I talked to one college recruiter today - he said I could take up to five years to complete my degree, thus maximizing my tuition benefit through my employer and not stressing myself out too much. They have a 100% online program, and even the practicum would be local to me, arranged with a preceptor nearby. It's totally affordable, and costs less than 10% of my undergraduate degree. Granted, I only had 25% of my education leftover in loans, but they totaled over three times as much as the Master's would cost. And my employer would pay most of it. So I'm thinking it might be worth pursuing.

I had to laugh at all the sleep-texting stuff. I'm not sure what I would write in my sleep, but I have talked before, and my conversations have been rather odd. Apparently I'm quite particular when I talk in my sleep, and insistent that I know what I'm talking about. Darn subconscious. :lol:

Not much else going on other than a messy apartment which I'm too wiped to tackle just yet. Not even sure I can do the Wii tonight. May try to do the Challenge, if I can come up with something in the next 8 hours.

Night, all.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 am

Shann wrote:No that was letter for letter what I sent to Amy--well I didn't send it because I was asleep and luckily the phone dropped out of my hands before I hit sent

No wonder she gets such a kick out of your text messages. :heehee

Days off for me. Sitting here munching on "Fresh out of the deli oven" garlic cheese bread. They were cooking it this morning at the store, near drove me crazy with the smell. I loooove the smell of garlic roasting, just had to have some. :wink:

As to the Becky's post... though she will never admit to it, I happen to know she was replaced by aliens some time back. So I figure it has to be that.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 am

JesusPuppy wrote:As to the Becky's post... though she will never admit to it, I happen to know she was replaced by aliens some time back. So I figure it has to be that.

and I thought I was covering my tracks. I didn't think any of you would catch on. I guess you guys are smarter than I thought. (no offense)

You are right. I was invaded by aliens many many years ago. They stole my sanity and the very fiber of my being. They found me when I was just a little kid. My parents had no idea- still don't. They're clueless but part of me is thankful for that... it would kill them to know the truth.

There is just no use in hiding it anymore now that I've been found out . . .
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Okay...talk abaout Alzheimers...me's getting me some COCONUT OIL! Anyway Shannikins...RIGHT AFTER I started reading what you texted Beckykins....(with one lip up and that stupid huh look) because none of it made sense, I realized that THAT'S what was so funny...it D I D N 'T make sense! :? Oi Vey!!!!

Pupperoni...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE roasted, raw, roasting and anyother way garlic can be served. Truth is, my mouth is watering RIGHT NOW imagining it. Me's such a little piggy! :mrgreen:

Beckykins...that achy thing with your cold....get used to it as you age! (even tho ewes still a young'n)...EVERYTHING gets worse with age. Well...maybe NOT everything, but aches and pains sure do! But, me's sorry your miserable. Here's a cyber hug.
cheetah 4.jpg
cheetah 4.jpg (116.68 KiB) Viewed 665 times

And Leahkins...I felt ALL HAPPY about you seriously considering teaching and taking advantage of your employer helping with tuition etc...Just feels right. :) And, weekends off, not to mention holidays etc....is another blessing, especially with children of your own (one day). :)

Hey...btw...has Kit-Kat been around? And Barbarina....how are you doing and feeling? I think of you often!

Well...off to my addiction capitol (starbucks) :D :D :D and then focusing on the "commitment ceremony" for my friends. I'll post a copy of it when mes finished and it's approved by the two songbirds. (that's what I call 'em as a couple 'cuz theys is ALWAYS listening to old-fashioned country and get all starry-eyed with each other! :roll:

Untitled11.jpg
Untitled11.jpg (33.38 KiB) Viewed 665 times

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Ahh Becky you could just be aDMITTING THAT ALIENS HAVE TAKEN OVER TO LULL pUP AND ME INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY AND THEN WE THINK OH GOOD SHE'S AN ALIEN WE WEREN'T SIMULTANEOUSLY SLEEP POSTING (i HATE THAT CAP LOCK BUTTON! Stupid finger on left hand) Now where was I? Hmm somehow trying to figure out your nefarious plan...you're a crafty one! (Now I have the cartoon Grinch song in my head)

Seriously though Becky I know you have had a rough few days and I want to tell you how much you mean to me. I do love you and when that person wrote in his challenge story that I was the main reason FW was going down hill, your words meant so much to me. I can't even begin to describe the depths of despair and the horrible dark place I was in, but it didn't scare you off at all. You repelled without thinking into that dark chasm and then yanked me lovingly by my hair and pulled me to safety. And I love you for it<3
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Well, you're welcome. I meant every word I said. :)
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Shann wrote:Ahh Becky you could just be aDMITTING THAT ALIENS HAVE TAKEN OVER TO LULL pUP AND ME INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY AND THEN WE THINK OH GOOD SHE'S AN ALIEN WE WEREN'T SIMULTANEOUSLY SLEEP POSTING (i HATE THAT CAP LOCK BUTTON! Stupid finger on left hand) Now where was I? Hmm somehow trying to figure out your nefarious plan...you're a crafty one! (Now I have the cartoon Grinch song in my head)

Seriously though Becky I know you have had a rough few days and I want to tell you how much you mean to me. I do love you and when that person wrote in his challenge story that I was the main reason FW was going down hill, your words meant so much to me. I can't even begin to describe the depths of despair and the horrible dark place I was in, but it didn't scare you off at all. You repelled without thinking into that dark chasm and then yanked me lovingly by my hair and pulled me to safety. And I love you for it<3

"when that person wrote in his challenge story that I was the main reason FW was going down hill," oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!! How terribly HORRIBLE and mean spirited and ugly and unbelievable! You're being here is just the opposite and everyone knows that! Except for little mr. uglykins, obviously. I'm so glad Beckykins jumped in with both of her alien little feet to help you through such a horrifying experience. When did this happen? Is the little mr. still around? and what did our site directors/owners say or do about it? I'm totally surprised it was allowed as an entry...unless of course there was no way of knowing he meant you. Boggles me mind, it does!!!!

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:11 pm

AnneRene' wrote: I'm so glad Beckykins jumped in with both of her alien little feet

well obviously I have 5 feet, but only 2 are visible...

:tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:53 pm

love the new pic Becky!

He didn't not mention my name but it was abundantly clear that I was the one to him he was referring. The new owners were blessings and had my back the whole way. This happened like a week or so after another person sent me a PM stating that I took out the fun of writing and no longer would submit any work because of me. That was hard enough but when I was reading and commenting on stories and came across the other one it truly rattled me to the core. I don't think it should ever been put into the challenge but it was and once in there is no taking it back. Pretty much everyone supported me and everyone here on the rest stop was amazing.

I went to find the article and am surprised because the name is different than I remember. But I guess this is the right person but if you had asked me his name I would have used a different one so that freaks me out. Maybe my memory is worse than I thought

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=44206
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 pm

My picture is of "Om Nom" who is the main little creature from the game cut the rope :)
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler