To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Edy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Edy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Green Leaves wrote:I am sick at heart. We just read in the obituaries that our dear Cassie died. I had not be in touch with her for a few weeks but at the time she was doing well and going to open a craft store. Now I feel so badly that I was not in touch recently. My understanding is that Cassie has been a long time member of Faithwriters. Please pray for her family. She will be dearly missed.

Thanks so much for letting us know, GreenLeaves. I find it a comfort knowing a person was able to enjoy their occupations right up to the threshold of eternity, in spite of physical afflictions. She was a sweetheart, and I know you will miss her (are you the one who lived close enough to visit her when she was in the hospital? or, do I have both of you mixed up with others? I wouldn't be surprised, since I don't trust my recent memory all that much). Praying for you and for Cassie's family, that all will feel the arms of the Comforter's embrace.
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Edy

Postby Edy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

I found this on Cassie's facebook page:

Nancy Langworthy - She had been fighting a virus in her lungs for the last 2 week's this week they did a blood culture and it came back positive for infection.. they admitted her to the hospital Friday night. This evening she got up to go to the restroom and passed out they revived her once.. Katie got to talk to her then she coded again and they couldn't get her back

Yesterday at 12:10am via mobile

Today is Cassie's birthday.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:18 pm

How many members have passed away on this site since its inception? I'm a member of two other sites; one I know we've lost at least a half-dozen members since I've been on it, the other I don't think we've lost a (human) member (it's a cat forum, so you know we've lot quite a few feline "members").

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 am

I'm copy/pasting this from my other post cause I don't feel like typing it all out again.....

My mom talked to her brother last night and he says he is getting more and more unhappy with the hospital my Grandmother is in. He says he went in yesterday and Mommom's coloring was off. When we were there Sunday Mom said she thought that she looked yellow-ish. The nurses are supposed to be helping her up and to walk a couple times a day which they aren't doing. they are also supposed to make sure she breathes in this breathing thing I guess to help make her lungs strong, she's maybe only doing it a couple times a day and is supposed to be 10 times a day. The nurses aren't making her do it or making sure she is doing it. She hasn't had any food or water, not even ice chips. Apparently she's not allowed to have anything because of her colon/bowel and has to make sure its working or something? and she still not sleeping either.

Anyway, it just sounds horrible and I'm scared. She in the hands of nurses who aren't doing their jobs.
Dum Spiro Spero

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 am

I understand your concern and it sounds like some investigating needs to be going on immediately. If this is happening, could she be moved safely to another facility? Sometimes we have to fight for the care of our loved ones. I have been in that situation. I am praying for wisdom and strenth for your family during this difficult time.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Definately get ahold of the head nurse or hospital administrator and tell them your concerns. Nurses can get incredibly busy depending on staffing vs. patient load, but still there's no real excuse for this kind of neglect. The yellowing of the skin is a sign of jaundice, which means the liver isn't working like it should. You don't want that to progress further if you can help it.

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Becky, I sure understand your concern about your grandma's care. The staff is there to provide quality care for her, and it sounds like family members will speak up for her. That's so important. When people are that sick, they can't speak up for themselves.

Deejay, I don't know how many people have passed away since FW's inception, but it seems like two have passed away since I've been here. One was someone early on who I didn't know and the other was Deanna Brooks, I believe. I didn't know her that well, and it's been some time ago.

This leads me to remind everyone to make sure you have a list of contacts in place. Others may not know how to get in touch with everyone you would want to have informed if something happened to you. Especially in this day and age when we make so many friends in cyberspace, it's important to have that list in place and review/update it as needed. I have such a list, and I updated it this year. This summer an online friend of mine died (unexpectedly at age 41). She was one of four of us who got pretty close on another message board. One of the other women was concerned when she didn't hear from her and went to google her address to contact her that way. When she googled, she found Kim's obituary. Kim's family didn't know about us and apparently either chose not to access her e-mail or were unable to do so. In addition to my list, I have also provided my power of attorney for finances and my mom's alternate power of attorney for finances with the password to my computer. If something happened to me, they would need access to imporant information that I have on my computer. My motto is: if I'm prepared, it won't happen. I think all of us know what it's like to face a family tragedy or death. Why make that experience even worse by not having things in place? So make sure you have your POA's, will, bank accounts, funeral instructions, contact lists, etc. in place to help out your family in the event of your incapacitation or death.

Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now. ;) But I wouldn't say what I did if I didn't think it was important. ;)

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Good reminder, Laurie. I put together a big notebook with all our financial and other important information (insurance, banking, taxes, etc.), but haven't decided who might want the job of executor. My husband had that "honor" when a friend of his died, and my, but it takes a long time to pull everything together. He worked with the friend's son, so I don't know how much he didn't have to do that he would have, had there been no family involved.

At a time like that, I might wish I'd had time to give everything away to make the survivors' job easier "cleaning up" after me! :lol:
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm

The CPA we used for years said he was going to personally plan everything so perfectly that his last dime would be spent on the day he died.

Well, he is still around, so he must still have some $$$ left.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 pm

I had to go into a very crowded grocery store late this afternoon for a couple of last minute things needed to "top off" my Thanksgiving dinner items.

There were people buying 15# - 20# turkeys...all frozen solid and hard as a chunk of granite. What are they thinking? It takes several days in the refrigerator to thaw them out. Thanksgiving is now only hours away, and they can't simply toss a frozen turkey into the oven without prepping it first.

I'm afraid their dinner will have to wait until the weekend.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 am

I am shocked and saddened by the news about Cassie. I don't believe I ever knew anyone with so many serious physical ailments but who was always praising God.

Is someone going to put the notice on Facebook? I know she's in heaven but I'll miss the sweetness that was such a big part of her.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I love every one of you!
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 am

Mariane, I posted about Cassie at Facebook - in the FW group there.

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:20 am

That's good because I'm not a part of Facebook. Her joyous spirit will be missed by all. What an example of "being content"! But just imagine how she is rejoicing now!
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Laurie and Edy, when my computer crashed and I had to get a new one, I lost the link to the FW group on Facebook. Can either of you message it to me on Facebook or Email it to me?
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Laurie, you can invite me to the FW group, too. I find a lot of FW pals on the newsfeed, however.

Well, I'm pushing myself getting stuff ready for our annual Thanksgiving trek to Iowa, so I'd better leave my greetings to you all, now, since I probably won't have time, later.

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving time, everyone! The Lord has poured out such bounty from His heavenly storehouse that we cannot contain it - so we can be a blessing to others.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler