To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby ready2go » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Green Leaves wrote:Guess I will be one who has to avoid contact with Don tomorrow, but here it is vomiting and diarrhea. :lol:

So I guess I'll send my Happy Birthday early...,.

:birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday

Uff da!!!

That kind of "under the weather" is not wanted here either. Stay at least 500 miles away. Wait! You already are, so that's good.

Thanks for the early BD wishes!

Funniest thing...I was napping a little while ago in the recliner when the phone rang. I picked up the TV remote and tried to answer it. Then, the answering machine came on while I was still pushing remote buttons. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the phone to work. See what aging does to ya? The mind goes ka-put first, then everything else falls apart.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, I admit, as I read the complaints about the neighbors, I wonder if my neighbors say the same about me. I do not spend as much time in the yard as I should. Right now my lawn is full of leaves that need to be raked. The neighbor's lawns are mostly leave-free. There are things in the yard that should have been picked up and put away a while ago that haven't. I guess I don't have anything to complain about my neighbors because I am the one who gives them reason to complain.

We are doing our annual Thank God for Friends Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday (tomorrow) this year. Before going to work overnight tonight, I need to finish cleaning my house and make the pies and the gluten-free pumpkin custard. Besides all of that, I have a test that I need to take online by Sunday that I am not prepared for. But right now, I have about 1/2 hour before my boys get home from school and I really want to put my feet up until they get home.
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Considering events that have transpired during the past several days, I certainly hope all here are paying attention and are praying for Israel, the peace of Jerusalem, and the safety of the Jewish people.

I believe the current campaign against Gaza (named Pillar of Cloud) will prove to be prophetically very significant in many ways. Israel is about to face a serious multi-front war with Gaza on the west...with terrorist groups, Lebannon, and Syria in the north...and with Egypt in the south. Today Israel has been conducting large scale air strikes on Gaza, and has a ground force of 75,000 waiting at the Gaza border. A ground invasion into Gaza in a few hours is likely when the Sabbath is over.

Over 900 rockets have been launched from Gaza into Israel over the past few days striking both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Thousands have been fired into Israel this year. Israel has finally had enough. We could be witnessing the prophecies of Psalms 83 beginning to unfold right before our eyes.

Maranatha!

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Don, I'm glad you bring our attention to these events. I don't keep up on things like this because I don't really understand, and I also don't understand the details of prophecy. :oops: So I'm glad for those who do.

My song for the day -
Oh happy day,
Oh happy day,
When my neighbors moved away. :superhappy

I generally have at least one boundary challenged neighbor so I suppose the new people will have kids, toys, pets, and cigarette butts in my yard, make noise, attract all the neighborhood kids and so on. And I suppose they'll routinely tramp across my front yard, etc. But for now, I'm grateful for a little peace. :)

Joanney, maybe you need to pick up a few things in your yard, but you aren't making lots of noise and tossing all your stuff into your neighbor's yards, constantly tramping across their property, etc. There's a difference. So I hope you aren't hard on yourself and don't think we put you in the same category as the neighbors we're talking about because you aren't.

forHIM

Postby forHIM » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Don, my eyes are on Israel, my prayers are for the people, my hope is Jesus will return soon and put an end to the mess the world has created.

Our country is on the verge of total moral collapse, in my state we have legalized both gay marriage and smoking pot. I am surrounded by a bunch of God hating liberals who want nothing more than to see our once God fearing country turned into another Sodom and Gomorrah.

God save our souls for the state we are in and for those who have put us there.

I wrote this poem and I think it say it all . . . well it does say how I fell.

Go ahead and grieve,
for the America you lost
go ahead and sob
for you understand the cost.

The people have voted,
without thought of the cross
and you understand
the immensity of your loss.

America has finally said,
what is in their heart
and from God and country
they've decided it's time to part.

Women's rights for abortion,
has ruled the day
and marriage now is for those
who are lesbian and gay.

Marijuana is now legal,
to smoke in three states
as long as you are high
you can do whatever it takes.

The race cards has been played,
and Obama is the king
but the ace of spades is waiting
and hell he's going to bring.

Go ahead and grieve,
America has gone to pot
and I know it is because
"in God" they have forgot . . .

Amen and Amen
When God calls me to account, what will I answer Him? Job 31:14

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=29757

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 pm

Debby, your poem is spot on. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:14 am

Beautiful, Debby!
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:36 am

Hey Y'all, we are on the road. Been in Texas for the week.

We are in Austin till Monday, then we'll head for the Dallas area to see our kids & grands.

I think I posted a prayer request here a few weeks back (couldn't find it so I'm not sure, I asked so many people to pray I don't remember who all I asked) for a special friend who was in intensive care and we weren't sure she would make it. Jo is doing much better. She spend two weeks in ICU then the hospital and then rehab. Medicare released her today to come home. I say medicare released her, because I'm not sure she was actually ready, but that was ll they would pay for.

She probably will never leave a wheel chair, she can't stand up for any longer than to switch from chair to bed and back to chair. Her dementia is...., well, it is. She has a chair that lifts her up, I keep expecting it to eject her, and she periodically pushes the button to raise up, than just sort of leans there until one of us sees her and pushes the button to get the chair back down. She can't remember why she tried to get up. It's going to be very hard on Jim once we leave Monday.

Twice today she tried to get up to go to the kitchen to cook dinner, and we had to keep reminding her we were all going out to dinner. When it came time to leave for the restaurant, we asked her if she felt up to going, because she looked rather tired. Her respones: "Maybe we should just go home after church, we'll eat lunch out another time."

"Jo, it's Friday, we're going to the Texican for dinner if you're up to it."

"The Texican! Oh yes, let's go!"
---------------------
The Texican is a VERY popular Mexican restaurant here.

We've been running around visiting with old friends all week. I always thought it might be fun to eat every meal out. Turns out it really isn't. I'm really looking forward to a homecooked meal tomorrow with some of our friends. I'm glad they opted to have us over instead of meeting us somewhere. It's hard to really talk and enjoy the time together without feeling rushed when your in a noisy restaurant.

Bill has been helping Jim do small repairs getting things around here ready for Jo's coming home. They have a couple more grab bars to install yet.

We are really glad we were able to come. Both to see old friends, and to help Jim & Jo.

The week is going quickly.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 am

Just popping in asking for prayer. My grandmother is headed into emergency surgery.

She apparently has suffered with colitis for a long time and she has now blew out her bowel and needs surgery.

thanks.
Dum Spiro Spero

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Rebecky wrote:Just popping in asking for prayer. My grandmother is headed into emergency surgery.

She apparently has suffered with colitis for a long time and she has now blew out her bowel and needs surgery.

thanks.

Praying for pain relief and rapid healing.

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Carole, I bet Jim and Jo really appreciate all your help.

Becky, I've prayed for your grandma. What's she going through sounds terrible. Please keep us posted.

Happy Birthday, Don.
:party

Verna

Postby Verna » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:28 pm

So many needing prayer--not least of all, our nation as Debby so clearly reminded us in her poem and the nation of Israel as Don reminded us. May God have mercy!

And may God bring a special blessing of peace and healing to each one of our porch pals and their family or friends who need it today, most immediately for Becky's grandmother and Carol's family and Carole's friend.

AND to Don, our faithful gentleman on the porch, You are wished the happiest birthday possible under all conditions. I'm leaning wayyyyyyyyyyyy back from the computer and singing Happy Birthday to you! :party
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

forHIM

Postby forHIM » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Don, let's have a

:party :party :party :party :party :party :birthday :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :party

Your the coolest . . . :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon

Don't forget to blow out your candlesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many would that be???? 36 or 37? My dad was always 36 !

Happy Birthday Don
When God calls me to account, what will I answer Him? Job 31:14

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=29757

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Whenever I'm done reading my email on Hotmail, when I sign out it goes to MSNBC. They have a daily one-question survey, and I think you'll be interested to know that the last couple were on the subject of gay marriage and rights. When asked if there should be a constitutional amendment allowing gay marriage, more than two-thirds of the 350,000+ respondents answered NO. Same on the issue of gay rights. How do you like them apples? :mrgreen:

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Update on my grandmother: She came out of surgery, they ended up removing a portion of her bowel and she'll have to have a colostomy bag for a little while, she will be in the hospital for about 5 days or so. Thanks!
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler