To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Ask Questions Here About Any Contest in Progress

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

kelley
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Ask Questions Here About Any Contest in Progress

Postby kelley » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:31 am

Trying to find out about the Silver member winner. There is supposed to be one Silver Member that wins a prize in the contest too but I can't find that one in the post that lists the cash prize/writing assignment winners. Am I looking in the wrong place?

helen1975
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby helen1975 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:40 am

Hi Kelley,

I think this might be the paragraph you are looking for, from the overview page of the blogging contests forum page,

Silver members are welcome to enter
Anyone can enter these contests but the ability to win the paid writing assignment is restricted to Gold or Platinum members. Silver members might want to enter to see how they stack up against others. Silver members who win will receive a one year paid Gold membership. However the paid writing assignment will go to the highest ranked Gold or Platinum member. Silver members who do win and receive a one year Gold membership, will be able to win writing assignments on future contests under their newly upgraded membership.This rule can be altered or modified at the discretion of the owners of FaithWriters.

From reading this I don't think there is going to be a silver member winning each time. Rather there will be 3 winners, but if 1st or 2nd place is awarded to a silver member, they will be given a 1 year gold membership instead of the paid writing assignment, which would then be given to the next ranked gold membership holder.

I hope that clarifies things for you, and if anyone else has any other/different thoughts perhaps they can also comment.

Blessings, Helen

kelley
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby kelley » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:18 am

Hmmm, well that seems different than what I read. Here is the part I read from the contest rules of the "Water 4":

"If you are a silver member I encourage you to enter. I promised the best silver entry would win a Gold membership in the FaithWriters blog contest but not one silver entered. I am making the same offer this time to our silver members. If you win a free Gold membership on this one you would be eligible to win a writing assignment on future ones over the next 12 months."

So it sounds to me like the silvers would be judged separately. Does anyone know?

helen1975
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby helen1975 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:35 am

Kelley,

I echo your "hmmm" as that does indeed read differently to the p/graph I quoted. I am sorry I don't have any further answers for you, but I'm sure you will hear back from someone who does soon.

Blessings,

Helen

Ramblingsof
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Ramblingsof » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:56 am

I have a question and hopefully I haven't missed the answer somewhere but Question 3. Use three to five keywords/keyword phrases from the list provided and build your article around them. Where is the list provided found? Thanks
Diane
www.afarmwife.com

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keyword, Keyword phrases for A Gift and the Gospel

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:19 pm

The keyword, keyword phrases - 1) Angel Tree, 2) children of inmates, 3) Prison fellowship, 4) Angel Tree stories, 5)1.7 million children, 6) Christmas presents, 7) donate
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Ramblingsof
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Ramblingsof » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks, appreciate it

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tomoral » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Someone else will have to go first this time....I'm gonna take my time and write a MASTERPIECE! :lol:
hahahahahaha! (sometimes I crack myself up)
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Lynn, I bet you will.

Lillie22
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Lillie22 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm still confused about the keywords or phrases that are required. Are the keywords for the contest, the one's that you used as examples at the top of the page? Please help.

Lillie22
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Lillie22 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Ramblingsof wrote:I have a question and hopefully I haven't missed the answer somewhere but Question 3. Use three to five keywords/keyword phrases from the list provided and build your article around them. Where is the list provided found? Thanks
Diane
http://www.afarmwife.com

Never mind I found The keywords. Thanks.

godsgracenotes
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby godsgracenotes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 pm

I posted my article for A Gift and the Gospel in the regular articles section, and it is listed as an article for sale. I posted it for the blog contest, and didn't intend for it to be for sale. Can someone please tell me how to remove that option? Thanks!
Connie Walcott
http://www.conniewalcott.com

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

It's All About God's Good Plan... For ALL Of Us!
:typing2

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi Connie, Thanks for entering. Just go to manage articles under Quick Links on the first page after log in. Then click on edit next to your article and change it in the little box.

God Bless, Mike

godsgracenotes
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby godsgracenotes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Thank-you, Mike.
I knew about the Angel Tree Christmas gifts, but didn't realize that they have so many other ministry options. I'm delighted to help spread the word about their efforts!

Thank-you for creating these writing opportunities, and for all the hard work that goes into the administrative portion. God bless you for your dedication!
:thankssign
Connie Walcott
http://www.conniewalcott.com

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

It's All About God's Good Plan... For ALL Of Us!
:typing2

knenn11
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby knenn11 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

I have written an article for the Angel Tree contest. I am working on inserting the links, and completed two without a problem. I wanted to use "donate" as my third, and cannot get this link to work. What am I missing?
Thanks.
Kerry

PreviousNext

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities