To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 am

Good. I hate politics. Well actually it is just the politions. I kinda feel they are like doctors, none of them REALLY knows what they are doing, but with their pay... they figure it doesn't matter that much on the grand scale of things. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 am

Well, all I will say is maybe I was a little quick when I said alcohol should be illegal but the legal age definitely should NOT be lowered. Especially considering the part of the brain that helps in making decisions doesn't fully develop until you are in your 20s, so add alcohol to that part of the brain that isn't fully developed yet and its a recipe for disaster.

That's all i'm going to say on that.
Dum Spiro Spero

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:04 pm

We had prohibition in this country (USA) once, 1919-the 1930s. All it did was produce a boon on the manufacture, sale and consumption of illegally produced alcohol, aka moonshine. And the way that stuff was processed, a lot of people died from lead and other poisonings. They finally repealed it.

I agree, here in CA marijuana has been technically legalized, but the dispenseries keep getting into trouble and getting shut down--too close to school zones, not selling to cardholders only, etc..

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Sparrow wrote:I said almost. I caught it and was able to cancel before I posted so it went back to the original. And it wasn't in this forum. But nice try making yourself look more clever. ;)

Becky, fun to see your word count rising!

Laura, how are your ribs?

Amy, thanks for asking. I am still in a great deal of pain. It was a week ago yesterday that I fell. I thought I'd be better by now, but the pain has increased. I've talked to my doctor who has increased my pain med and I have a private nurse... Shann. She has been such a blessing to me. I want to publically thank her here so the world can know how wonderful a person she is, as if you all didn't already know. She has emailed me at all hours of the day and night to make suggestions for my comfort. God bless her! Thanks for caring, Amy. For those who read this, I sure would appreciate you praying for the healing of my rib cage. Thanks so much. blessings... laura

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks Laura, you are super sweet. To be honest my reasons for helping are quite selfish. I've given unasked for medical advice before like when Tim couldn't sleep because I missed seeing him on the boards and I've missed you too. Not to mention it makes me feel needed like I'm special or something.

I was in a great mood when I sat down but now i feel quite yucky. I know I'm overreacting and I'm too sensitive but I feel quite torn down from a response to one of my posts on another thread. Other than checking to make sure there isn't spam, hacker or controversial material as needed in my duties as a moderator I'm planning on staying here and not posting on other threads. Though we may not always agree with one another (like the alcohol or pot thing) at least we just state our opinions and not beat up on people who don't agree with said opinions. Now I'm headed off to hibernate in my room and have a good cry but first wanted to tell you that I love ewes.
I even tried to get a sheep smilie but can't make it appear and ended up erasing my post and having to type it all over again. Image

Lookie at that I did it! (I think)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm still sick and been run down feeling and tired all day. Feeling like this is preventing me from writing much with NaNo the last couple days :(
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Sorry you're not feeling well. But seriously though didn't the fact that I figured out how to do the sheep smilie thing cheer you up just a tad?
Look that's me:------------>>>>Image

Now that I've figured it out again, it's gonna drive ya all bonkers! For you Becky: Image
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:54 pm

For Laura: Image

For Pup-a-doodle: Image

For the NaNoers: Image

For everyone else: Image That's my favorite--so awesome!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:31 pm

:heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 pm

See what I started with the pot thing?! I blame Amy.

It's my bday! We're having thanksgiving today on my bday!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Happy birthday Jay.Image
Didn't you just have a birthday like 366 days ago? I can't believe that I forgot it cuz I was so jealous that it was on 11-11-11 :oops: But I'm glad you are having turkey to celebrate or whatever you eat for Thanksgiving. Turkey is like my favorite food besides rice cakesImage oops I meant this is my favorite foodImage

And man you're right That Amy is a real trouble-maker. The other night she just had me going and going. I couldn't believe the words that flew off her finger.Image
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:46 am

I thought it was the Kate Middleton part of Jay's post that would have been hacked if any of it had been. :heehee But that's pretty cool you got to talk to her. I'd love that! Might have to try the chat room. She seems really sweet.

By the way, Happy Belated Birthday, Jay! Sounds like you had a lovely day with family. :)

As for alcohol, I don't think there is anything wrong with a little wine now and then or things like that. But I don't think the age should be lowered. It's not a matter of whether we trust them to be responsible with it, but I think the reason is what Becky said--the brain is still developing until the early twenties and studies show clearly that alcohol stunts the grown. So the age limit is a medical safety thing rather than a age responsibility thing.

Today we had an outreach event after church. My church is making a big effort to strengthen out evangelism and outreach to the community, which I think is really important, so I'm excited. We went door to door in neighborhoods around the church, asking people what they thought the biggest community need was and if they had any personal needs the church might be able to help with.

My team ended up getting kind of a dud neighborhood though. We knocked on like fifteen doors before anyone even answered, and then of few who did come to the door, some just shut it right away and those who did talk seemed to think it was cool we were there but didn't have any suggestions or needs. But some of the other groups did get some good ideas of ways we can help.

But I've been reaching out to a homeless couple who is pregnant who panhandles a few blocks from the church. I've talked to them three times now, and bring them food. My church has agreed to help out and at least gather baby supplies and stuff. They've been on my heart a lot because it's so scary to me to think of trying to raise a baby out on the streets. The little girl is due around Thanksgiving. I didn't want to collect stuff too far ahead because I don't know how they'd carry it around, but now it's closer and I'm feeling more rushed. Hopefully we can be a blessing to them.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 am

I wonder if it is really Kate, Jay. Technically she is not a princess yet but when she married her groom the Queen gave her grandson a dukedom which technically makes Kate a Duchess. The title princess is typically reserved as a title given through birth not marriage. It's confusing by marrying William she went from Kate Middleton to Her Royal Highness Princess William Arthur Phillip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus. And you all thought I had a long name! I didn't want to burst your bubble on your birthday. :mrgreen:

Amy,I have a pretty pink stroller that is like 19 years old and in my basement so it's not as pretty as it once was. I was I could give it to the couple but it would probably cost more to ship it than it would to buy a new one--neither of which I can afford. I would think they'd be eligible for housing, WIC, and other aid but then I also live in a very different area and rarely see homeless people around here. New York probably is easier to get assistance. I'd worry about the baby being taken away by social services if they don't find a home soon.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Ya, well I know a few girls that are real princesses and they weren't even born royal, but I still call them Princess. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Everyone needs to come out and play so I can stay awake and and and

yeah. :roll:
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler