To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 pm

I could have sworn I saw a post in here from Shann. Maybe the cybermonkees stole it :|
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:30 am

Aww, Tiara, just keep doing what you can do, and that's better than nothing. Hugs. I haven't written anything hardly for about six months now. Was doing that big editing project and then have been too sick since then. But hoping to get back to it soon.

Becky, I can't believe some of the stuff that passed in my state, too. They legalized marijuana. Not just for medical use, but anyone can smoke it now just for fun. Legally. :| The ironic thing is that it's still illegal federally.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:50 am

Alright.. they are switching things around again. Are they trying to keep me confused? If so you all should let them know it doesn't take that much. :roll:

JoyAnn wrote:well I am doing horrible on my NaNo word count.

Then stop counting the words and just write it. Besides the month only just started, you have more time. Just keep at it. If you don't get the whole thing written in the month at least you will have a big chunk of it done. Chin up Spunky.

As for Re-Kiddo Becky...

:tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 am

Sparrow wrote:Becky, I can't believe some of the stuff that passed in my state, too. They legalized marijuana. Not just for medical use, but anyone can smoke it now just for fun. Legally. :| The ironic thing is that it's still illegal federally.

Yeah I had heard that, they also legalized recreational use of marijuana in Colorado and I heard that Oregon said no to it.

:|
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

I think Shann ditched us for the Southern porch.

First Holly leaves us and not to mention everyone else who hasn't been around in a while. Now Shann abandons us too :( :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:47 am

Rebecky wrote:I think Shann ditched us for the Southern porch.
:cry:

Or maybe she got hacked again. :?

Don't feel too bad, Tiara. I'm not quite 3500, and should be at 15,000 by the end of the day to be at par. Plus you have all kinds of ideas for what you want to happen. I have no idea where my novel's going to end up or who she's going to marry. I haven't started yet for the night, but some ideas are brewing and I'm sure I can get a good chunk in before I give up and sleep. With a full time work schedule, and gabbing too much every time I do a write-in, I'm not sure how far I'll get. But going to keep trying. :roll:

Hope all y'all are doing okay. Some posts do seem to be missing since I checked it yesterday. Or was it Tuesday? What day is it? :shock: I'm so messed up as far as schedule. Well, anyways, off I go to be a writer. :mrgreen:

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 am

I'm sick.

and to make matters worse I didn't sleep last night.

:|
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Sparrow wrote:Aww, Tiara, just keep doing what you can do, and that's better than nothing. Hugs. I haven't written anything hardly for about six months now. Was doing that big editing project and then have been too sick since then. But hoping to get back to it soon.

Becky, I can't believe some of the stuff that passed in my state, too. They legalized marijuana. Not just for medical use, but anyone can smoke it now just for fun. Legally. :| The ironic thing is that it's still illegal federally.

Actually marijuana should be legalized, it's alcohol that should be banned. (I wouldn't use pot, though) You hear more about alcohol related violence and death.
http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

Eastern Washington got snow accumilation.

Hey, I've been in a chatroom with Princess Catherine Elizabeth "Kate" Middleton. For reals, peeps! Her chatroom http://4thepeoplemedia.com/fantasy/fantasyfm.php
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Umm... I think Jay has been hacked :shock:

maybe :redface2
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Rebecky wrote:I could have sworn I saw a post in here from Shann. Maybe the cybermonkees stole it :|

Could be Pup's aliens! :mrgreen:

Keep Laura in your prayers, she is still hurting quite bad from her fall and isn't up to doing too much

Sorry about not being on, for some reason it looked like nobody posted since I'd been on last so I didn't come here. I would NEVER leave you for the porch. I only pop in to do my moderator duties and then once in a while will say something But though I live in the middle of nowhere Pacific Coast Reststop will always be home. :)

I don't think anyone hacked Jay's post nor his mind but more that he was expressing that alcohol causes more deaths and accidents then pot.

How on earth can they legalize it for everyone in Oregon? Did it secede from the Union and I missed it on the news? I mean really? True just about anyone in CA and the other states who allow it for medical purposes can pretty much get a card to buy it but at least there is some sense to that decision. Even though it would probably help my pain way more than any of the meds i'm on now, I can't see myself wanting to ever smoke it.

I tried it once when I was a teen but didn't do anything at all. I preferred messing around with my boyfriend. We only had time to smoke pot or mess around and we chose the latter which now I'm quite glad I did or there wouldn't be an M and the world is way better off with M's in it.

NaNo never really enticed me. I think I could make the word count fairly easily as once i start stuff just pours out of my head--much like it does in my txts and my posts. Keep at it though ya all I'm rooting for you.

Did you guys realize Thanksgiving is just 2 weeks away? With 5 Fridays in Nov this year it is coming really soon.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Well I feel really silly now. Just got my hair cut, and that always makes me feel dumb. I go to brush the hair off my ear and nothing is there.. Like I said.. dumb. :roll:

I think the others just haven't found us yet since they changed things around. I had to look several time, expecting to see it at the bottom of the forum and couldn't find it. I first thought maybe the hackers had deleted it, but that would just be silly. Then I find it at the top of the Board again. Boy was I cornfuzzeled. If they would have waited til today to switch things I would really be in trouble. I don't even have hair long enough to grab so I can pull it out in frustration. :shock:

Leah wrote:What day is it?

Ummmm, it's Friday. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Nope, Becky, I wasn't hacked :lol: Ya never know, though.

Pup, I was confused too. "Now, I know I didn't pass the Water Cooler."
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Actually Shann Oregon said no to legalizing marijuana it was Washington and Colorado that legalized it.

Personally I agree that alcohol should be illegal, but I also believe that marijuana needs to remain illegal as well.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:08 am

Well, don't worry, they wont legalize it country wide. The government, and their foreign lobbyist groups, makes too much money off the "import" to do that. :roll:

OK OK.. I wont get into cutting down the government. I am not a real citizen on this planet.. even though they take most of my check, anyway. :?

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Well I feel really silly now. Just got my hair cut, and that always makes me feel dumb. I go to brush the hair off my ear and nothing is there.. Like I said.. dumb. :roll:

Uhm, your ear is missing? Man you better find another barber. It reminds me when Q was a baby and Mom went to trim his hair and he wiggled and she cut a chunk from his ear. She freaked and even saved me the tiny chunk in case I wanted to get it sewed back on but it was super tiny. He does have a little scar there but he recovered just fine. Mom on the other hand. . .never came near him with scissors again. :)

So is the site moved around. I just keep the window open and then hit refresh. I did tell Mike that I was concerned that since they moved the newbie nook to the bottom that there were way less people using it. I knew he was going to try to move it up higher but it must have changed everything. I'll have to take a peek.

Becky, you're right. Amy lives in WA but often works in OR so I get the two mixed up. I so don't understand how a state can legalize something that is against a federal law. So many people already abuse the card for medical marijuana so I guess they figured why bother. She also told me that she had to vote via mail which also seems so wrong on so many levels. Absentee ballots are one thing but requiring that everyone vote via mail opens up so many potential problems. It really is kind of scary.

I don't agree with making alcohol illegal it would cause way more problems with it than we already have. I think there should be stricter regulations about DUIs and public intoxication. I also think they should lower the age to 18. If you can die for your country, then you should be able to have a drink. In Europe where the age can be as low as 16, you find far less alcoholism and kids who go out and get wasted. Drinking is done responsibly and if going out with your friends, you have more of a sense that they have your back where here people don't watch out for others as much. I have other "political" opinions but don't want to talk too much about it because people can get quite passionate about their beliefs and I'd hate to see it start a conflict so that's all I'll spout off about for now. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler