To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Rebecky wrote:So my foot is absolutely bothering me. I'll explain what happened but first I must warn those of you who get queasy... I wouldn't read it.

Well, simply I was sitting on my bed watching tv and I noticed I had dry skin on my foot that was peeling off so I decided to go a head and pick it off. Except when I did it literally peeled of a piece of skin about three inches or longer closer to the center of my heel and it was thick at that point. So basically I have a layer of skin (and skin is THICK on your feet) that came off and it hurts really bad. :(

So here it is again this time under my name but I do have one question Becky? How'd you know it was me? it could have been Amy or anyone???? :angel2

My story makes Becky's look like a Disney movie so if hers made you go ewww then you want to really stay away from mine!

I'm a picker. I have to have things to pick at and foot skin is a great thing but if you peel off more than what is ready to slough off it does hurt really bad. Make sure you keep it clean so it doesn't get infected. I have one of those foot scrubbie things that has suction cups and sticks to the shower floor. You pour some soap on and it has bristles and a pumice stone to help clean your feet and get rid of that skin. After I get out of the shower and the skin is wet, I'll scratch it off and it forms into this light gray-white gunk and I keep adding to see how much skin I can scratch off. It's really gross but if I don't do it the skin gets super thick and hurts to move because it restricts movement. Another thing I'll do is take a knife when it's dry or scissors and shave off the extra skin on my leg (I'm not cutting but getting rid of that thick skin that hurts) and it flakes off in this fine almost baby powder like stuff. But still my favorite thing is to peel it off or if I don't have skin on my feet I'll pick at my head and try to find spots that will peel off kind of like dandruff but bigger, then there's nothing like picking a nose but it has to be dry not slimy. When Q was little he'd produce the best boogers. It would drive me nuts if I saw it and couldn't get it out. I think I probably traumatized the poor kid but I couldn't sleep or think or do anything until that booger was gone. Another thing was earwax--he produced that pretty good too. It just drove me bonkers if I saw earwax chunks in my kid's ear. The pinkie fingernail is good for plucking baby boogers and ear wax out, ya know how drug addicts will grow it long to scoop up cocaine and snort, I used mine for picking boogers and ear wax. So who's grosser Becky or me? Is anyone even still reading?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 am

Cause you were talking about Q and taking care of him. Plus it just seemed like you we're the one talking. :)

My foot is really burning with pain. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 am

A while back I almost accidentally edited someone's post instead of quoting it, too! :oops: It's scarily easy to do if you're a mod.

We had fun today with my sister's friend. She leaves way early in the morning. Today I brought her to church and then I took a nap. Then she taught us how to make sushi. It was really fun. We made veggitarian ones. The friend is from Korea so she taught us some stuff like they make it, but we added American touches like cream cheese. So it was that plus carrots, avacado, and cucumber with a base of sticky rice. We did mostly seaweed wraps but I can't stand the stuff so we did some rice wrappers, too. We'll post pictures tomorrow. My friend Holly and one of my sister's other friends came over and we ate the sushi and then played games. I'm exhausted and a bit sore, but it was fun.

She's leaving at like 5am so I probably won't get up except maybe for a minute just to hug her goodbye. It was fun to get to meet my sister's college friend.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Shann and Rebecky, have you ever heard of or tried Pretty Feet and Hands lotion? It's an exfoliating lotion that you rub on like moisturizer, but keep rubbing and the dead dry skin rolls right off. If you can't find it near you, you can order it from Vermont Country Store or drugstore.com .

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Cool! Thanks Deejay :) (you can call me Becky by the way)
So I went and searched for it and apparently my local Walmart has it. I'll have to look for it next time I go (which might be this weekend).
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Rebecky wrote:Cool! Thanks Deejay :) (you can call me Becky by the way)
So I went and searched for it and apparently my local Walmart has it. I'll have to look for it next time I go (which might be this weekend).

What and miss peeling dead skin off your feet? First nonmatching underwear and now this. What is the world coming to? :tongue :helpwobble :heehee
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Shann wrote:

What and miss peeling dead skin off your feet? First nonmatching underwear and now this. What is the world coming to? :tongue :helpwobble :heehee

Well... :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Rebecky wrote:
Shann wrote:

Well... :tongue

Becky, Shann you can get a PedEgg http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/pedegg-ultimate-foot-file/ID=prod3847301-product

If you get a chance read a book of poems "Love Songs" by Sara Teasdale :thumbs
http://emotionalliteracyeducation.com/classic_books_online/lsongs10.htm
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:33 am

Sparrow wrote:A while back I almost accidentally edited someone's post instead of quoting it, too! :oops:

Hummmm.. wonders if that is what happened to some of my funnier post. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:57 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Sparrow wrote:A while back I almost accidentally edited someone's post instead of quoting it, too! :oops:

Hummmm.. wonders if that is what happened to some of my funnier post. :roll:

You're not funny enough to have funnier posts...

:mrgreen: :tongue :heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am

I said almost. I caught it and was able to cancel before I posted so it went back to the original. And it wasn't in this forum. But nice try making yourself look more clever. ;)

Becky, fun to see your word count rising!

Laura, how are your ribs?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 am

Sparrow wrote:nice try making yourself look more clever. ;)

I said funnier not clever. No matter what that Re-Becky Kiddo says, I do have my moments. True, not many, but they do show up now and then. But clever... never. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:09 am

Sparrow wrote:Becky, fun to see your word count rising!

I know! :)

That's part of the reason why I put the counter in my signature so you guys here could see my word count without having to go to the NaNo site.

Of course after the elections last night, and now i'm thoroughly depressed by the results here in Maryland (some of the individual things that passed), I'm going to ignore it and immerse myself into my NaNo novel. :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Sparrow wrote:nice try making yourself look more clever. ;)

I said funnier not clever. No matter what that Re-Becky Kiddo says, I do have my moments. True, not many, but they do show up now and then. But clever... never. :roll:

:tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 pm

well I am doing horrible on my NaNo word count.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler