To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Rebecky wrote:annnnd pup... One less nail to trim :wink:

I don't trim my nails, I chew them off. Which can be difficult doing my toe nails when my back is hurting. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:12 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:

I don't trim my nails, I chew them off. Which can be difficult doing my toe nails when my back is hurting. :roll:

:redface2

Fine...... one less nail to chew :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:58 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:

Okay and I thought I crossed the line! Dude way TMI! Don't they have a smilie who is in fetal position covering eyes and ears screaming TMI! DUDE TMI! :mrgreen: :!:

So Lyd is down In NYC helping with the relief effort. She spent the day shoveling out junk from houses. I'm proud of her giving nature but worried cuz I know the 8 hour bus trip and the work is exhausting plus she has a paper due Monday but they won't get back until Mon morning. She is a good kid though. M and Andy are enjoying their last night of their honeymoon and will head north tomorrow morning. It took them 22 hours to get down but they stopped a lot because they were both tired from the wedding. Andy has a class at 11 am Mon so they can't take their time driving back.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:40 pm

we can try these Shann...

Image Image Image Image Image
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Okay Becky and Barb you both are super clever and can work this gadgety thing that is scattered around my house and wants to turn me into a quivering mass with unmatching underwear huddled in the corner of the room and since the computer has a personal vendetta against me help me find a few program where someone who could only draw stick pictures could illustrate a children's story with bright illustrations. I don't want to use photo shop because that wouldn't fit my story but Barb if you can give me a purple pencil and Becky can find me a TMI smilie than surely together you can help me illustrate my kids book. :bow
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Shann wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:

Okay and I thought I crossed the line! Dude way TMI! Don't they have a smilie who is in fetal position covering eyes and ears screaming TMI! DUDE TMI! :mrgreen: :!:

Well, this isn't quite cowering and covering its eyes, but I found these for you....

And I suppose this one is more shocked than TMI, but I think it works....
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 am

Okay I'll add Allison to the list to help me find a way to illustrate my story with absolutely no drawing ability. Even my stick men don't look at all like sticks.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 am

Awww, Laura, so sorry to hear that you fell again. :( I had separated ribs once and they are terrible. Do they at least have you on some pain meds for the broken rib? Praying it heals quickly.

Shann, I can send you links to free photo sites, but other than that I'm stumped.... What's the book about?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:55 am

I'm either going to do the cherry pit one or the three goldilocks and the bear or maybe please tie my shoe but that's for kindergarten aged kids and I usually use classroom names but I might be able to do something with that and photos of shoes and maybe the baby and her Momma.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 am

First things first. PAIN. A lot of PAIN. Back, leg, ankle, shoulder... (and if my face hurt as bad as it looks.... :roll: ) PAIN!! You ladies all know of pain, or know A pain.. (and no I am not listing myself in that last one, Re-Becky Kiddo. :P ) ..all I will say is, "OW" and leave it at that.

Now.. Sorry Shann, all the programs I have take a slight bit of drawing. Bryce 3D is cool but you cant do people with the free version, and even with the full one it is hard to do people unless you can draw somewhat.

I have used my Photo Explosion to turn regular pics into cartoon like sketches, but even then it takes a loooong time to get it just right. Might be easier to find someone who can draw them for you.

:sorry
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks Pup-a-doodle I appreciate your input. I'm sorry you are hurting. Does a heating pad help? I know you won't go to doc but will you take Motrin or Aleve or some other concoction? I hope it subsides soon. Gentle Hugs I know Laura is hurting too so here is another gentle hug for ya both :grouphug :grouphug2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm

So my foot is absolutely bothering me. I'll explain what happened but first I must warn those of you who get queasy... I wouldn't read it.

Well, simply I was sitting on my bed watching tv and I noticed I had dry skin on my foot that was peeling off so I decided to go a head and pick it off. Except when I did it literally peeled of a piece of skin about three inches or longer closer to the center of my heel and it was thick at that point. So basically I have a layer of skin (and skin is THICK on your feet) that came off and it hurts really bad. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Okay, on day four of NaNo...and I only have 614 words...I have all day so let's hope I can blaze right there and get a high word count.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Ummmmm... did Shann hack my post?

What on earth? That's kind of freaky.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 pm

I did Becky I'm so sorry I meant to hit quote but now that I'm a moderator I accidentally hit the wrong button but am trying to fix it. I am so sorry.
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler