To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby jaybird » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Pup, I won't catch up with your posts. :bow or many of you.

I was slow and didn't know about Sandy a day or 2 before it hit land. I thought, "Who's Sandy?"
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Allison, so glad you're okay.

Shann, I didn't even think to look at my signature until you said something, but mine looks okay. That's creepy they changed yours. :?

Gooooo, WriMos!!!!! I decided not to do it this year because I need to finish up the last two, and haven't been able to get much writing done with my health anyway. And I've got something else going on that takes extra time, too, but I'll share more about that later. It's a new non-writing venture that I'd love prayer for, but need to figure out some things and not quite ready to talk about it on the world wide web yet. :P
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Rebecky wrote:
Shann wrote:Thanks I found it just now and was coming back to tell you all. But to be honest, the computer is out to make me nutso cuz I'd already gone there like 5 times and it wasn't there!

:heehee

I promise I'm laughing with you, not at you :roll: :mrgreen:

Okay Missy! I wasn't laughing only contemplating tossing the computer out the window but it's still raining and windy here so I didn't. However perhaps you can help me soothe poor Pup's ego and tell me how to get a wedding picture from FB to here. :clown
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 pm

HMmmmmmmmmmm.............

OKay well if you have a photobucket that would help, once you upload the photo to photobucket or another website like that then it gives you the linky thing to post in here. Actually Minus.com would be easier, you can just take the picture from your computer and drag it to the website and I don't think you have to have an account. After you do that and it uploads it'll give you links for sharing, pick the one that says for forums and copy/paste that link here.

Hopefully that's not too confusing.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Can you repeat it in English? Sorry Puppers if you want to see pics you have to go to FB! :?

http://minus.com/l5uWi1O3js9oY

But that doesn't put the pic here. This is when Chris was signaling that we are pleased with M's selection for a husband and he gave her a kiss on cheek and then did a fist bump. It was great.
http://minus.com/leXqpht8Anvgh
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 pm

oopsie, sorry. But the links work at least. It can't hurt people to just click on them :P :heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 am

jaybird wrote:I was slow and didn't know about Sandy a day or 2 before it hit land. I thought, "Who's Sandy?"

Don't feel too bad Jay, I knew the storm was ready to hit, but when the news paper headline read.. "Sandy Now On The Coast" I was like.. "No kidding, it is always sandy on the coast." :lol:

Rebecky wrote:oopsie, sorry. But the links work at least. It can't hurt people to just click on them :P :heehee

Oh Ya... well,I broke a nail. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:02 am

So ya old goat did ya at least look at the pics. It took me like 1,111 hours to get them up there for you to see. So nail or not you'd better look at them and oohh and ahhh :tongue

Thanks Becky :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:22 am

Yes, I looked. Which one were you again?

:heehee
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:26 am

My sister has a friend from college (originally from Korea) visiting, so we took her to Multnomah Falls today. It was soooo pretty with all the fall leaves! Here's a link to my FaceBook album. If anyone wants to see who isn't on my friend list and isn't allowed to look, let me know:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 468&type=3
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 am

Hmm... Multnomah falls, isn't there like a "Multnomah Publishers" or something? It sounds familiar.

annnnd pup... One less nail to trim :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:39 am

Becky, how did you get your word counter on the bottom of your profile? That'd be cool to do. I woke up early this morning and got a day's worth of writing done already, but I was behind for the first few days, so I still have catching up to do. Thankfully it moves fast when I have inspiration. I really like the yWriter app. I'm writing four scenes so far and none of them are finished but if I get bored on one I can write another.

We took a five-mile hike yesterday up the mountain (on a short vacation right now) and I got inspiration for a great scene in the novel. Anyone know where I can find information about Forest Service rescues and what they do? :mrgreen: I was glad we made it safely down the mountain but there sure were a lot of rocks and slippery spots and I was getting sorer by the minute as we hiked back down.

Well, breakfast at our B&B is in less than half an hour, and I want to get a little more done on this scene, so off I go. Sara H. started a Faithwriters thread in the Nano forums for all you NaNo'ers: The Official Faithwriters Thread

Have a good day, y'all.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:56 am

Leah, You have to find it under the fun stuff tab and then go to "word count widgets", find the one you want and it gives you the code which you can paste into your signature. The only thing is you have to edit it so that it works in here.

Basically it would be
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.nanowrimo.org/widget/graph/violin4jesus.png"[/img]

and if it works it should look like the following: Image

in fact you can go ahead and copy/paste that code and put it in your signature but at least everyone else knows how it works... Or you guys can copy/paste that code above and replace Leah's NaNo user name with your own and it should work! :)
Dum Spiro Spero

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Since I'm among friends, I would like to ask those who are so inclined to please pray for me. I took another fall yesterday and this time I think I have probably either bruised or cracked a rib. I had a painful night -- any and all prayers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Dear Jesus, Please wrap your healing arms around Laura. Keep her safe and give her strength to get through the next few days. Grant her doctors wisdom to understand the falls and find a way to prevent them. Thank you for keeping her safe, for family and friends who care. In your name we pray Amen
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler