To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

forHIM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby forHIM » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:46 am

Hello my porch buds.

I am still alive and well . . . living in God's paradise... For those who are wondering !!!!

Hugs and love

Me
When God calls me to account, what will I answer Him? Job 31:14

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=29757

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am

date - late

Hi Debby. I've thought of you so many times and have wondered how you're doing. I'm glad you checked in. Are you pretty much settled in at your new place?

Verna

Postby Verna » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 am

late--mate

Glad to see you Debby--and Mariane--and Laurie--and Edy--And Don--and Carol--and Joanney--Have I missed anybody on the porch the last few days?

Joanney, your poem is striking and memorable. May God add to the grace you need--and we have all snapped at our children when we've been frustrating. They will remember more all the times you've gone out of your way to make their lives happy.

Laurie, I pray your job at home works out.

Carol, you are of more use to the Lord and others than you have dreamed of yet.

Last week my husband put a pretty basket of pansies right outside the window where my computer is in the bedroom. Then night before last, some deer came and ate every petal down to the roots.
I did not think "cute, sweet litte deer"!

And here's a smile for today:

http://dave6.posterous.com/dont-honk-at-old-people
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 am

Mate ---> Mite

Verna, you are so cute you give me chuckles. I can just hear you tell that hungry little deer to go munch somebody else's pansies. I haven't clicked your link, yet, but if it's the one about the lady at the crossing and the impatient driver waiting for her, that is one of my all time favorites.

Love to you all - I'm trying to tackle some long overdue fall cleaning, but prayer requests and hubby keep interrupting my plans! :roll:
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 pm

mite - mile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:22 pm

mile--mule

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Verna, that was actually my son's poem.

I have had a very tough last few days. First the whole fiasco with the DMV (I did get tabs but not yet transferred to my name). Then a financial blunder that put me on very limited funds until the end of the month, and tight but not quite as desperate until Nov 15 . Now in talking to my doctor, she does not think that the surgery can wait until April when insurance will pay for it. Lost of stress, but nothing God cannot handle.

Mule --> mole
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

forHIM

Postby forHIM » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Laurie, there are still some boxes in the garage that I need to go through but I am waiting for more bad weather to get started. I spent the last month just enjoying the peace and quite. I just love this place and thank God all the time for having it ready for us. i know this is where He wants us and my hubby is doing much better here too.

Verna, I so get the deer thing. I found out that pansy are "deer candy" . We have so many deer up here that I am thinking of giving up on flowers . . . they have eaten my mums, pansies, roses, strawberries, primroses, among other flowers. My hubby is putting a fence around part of our yard so that I can grow some of my favorite flowers inside. I planted ferns and grass on our side yard . . . they don't touch these. They are quickly becoming my most unfavorite animal . . . and I told my hubby we will not be watching Bambi with the troops ever again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a surprise visit from my two older sisters. They came here from AZ and welcomed the cool rainy weather. We spent 5 days catching up with each others lives. The last time they were here was 10 years ago. I don't travel anymore but use to go see them every year. I stopped doing that about 5 years ago . . . so it was a great sister time.

The troops are getting big . . . have a two-year old birthday coming up. Wow . . . time flies faster with each passing year.

Well I think I will flip through some pages so I can get caught up with everyone and I will try not to stay away for so long . . . but you gotta love this peace and quiet!
When God calls me to account, what will I answer Him? Job 31:14

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=29757

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 pm

My granddaughter sent this to me, and I thought I would pass it along to my pumpkin friends:

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Verna

Postby Verna » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:19 am

Edy, you're a treasure. . .and Debby, you make me smile. I miss you when you're not on the porch--Looks like there are several missing today. I'll bake a chocolate cake and put it on the table. Y'all come.
    Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
    Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
    http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:35 am

Debby, it's good to see your smiling face on the Porch again. We've missed you and love you. I was able to bring up some pictures of your new house (from the realtor's listing some time back) and I can see why you can it paradise. It's gorgeous and judging from your previous residence, you're a professional decorator, too. You deserve some happiness after all the months of stress you've been through. :love2

Carol, I guess I just missed your postings on here but I'm glad to know things are relatively quiet there. When you aren't feeling well physically, the whole world takes on a different hue, doesn't it? Your ministry seems to be with your family now, as the encourager, the helper, the spiritual mentor and what a valuable ministry that is. :love2

I so wish I knew how to put a picture on here. I'd love for you all to see the cover of Verna's new book now for sale at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com. It's so beautifull you wouldn't believe it. I've read and reread it I don't know how many times. Verna, I know you'd never blow your own horn but could you put a picture of the book and the blurb on here? If you'd rather not, maybe one of you who have a copy can post a picture of it. Too all of you Porch Sitters, please consider it for Christmas gifts and other gifts, too. It's not expensive at all and you couldn't find a better gift for the money if you tried! :hugs3

Joanney, I was quite taken with Simon's poem. It was so sensitively written that I read it over and over. God bless this precious young man and let him always have a heart for God. Can you post a link to the rest of his poems? :clap :clap

Things are quiet here. Well, at least temporarily. The Katzenjammer Kidz will be back here tomorrow night. They lighten up the house and sound alarm bells wherever they are. :superhappy They saw the check I finally received from the Chicken Soup Publishers and made a beeline for their Lego and Minecraft catalogs. :shiney2 I had told them a few months ago that I'd be getting $200 and would split it with them. They have rushed to the mailbox nearly every afternoon since them waiting for "our check." I love those kids like you wouldn't believe. :love2

Taking a break now, and eating a frozen banana,(speaking of things I love!) :loveyou

And I love you all!
    :loveyou
    Last edited by BeachGrandma on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    "O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord, forgive me if I say
    For very love, thy sacred name, a thousand times a day.
    O Jesus, Lord, with me abide; I rest in Thee whate'er betide.
    Thy gracious smile is my reward. I love, I love Thee, Lord.

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:39 am

P.S. I haven't received any Email for a couple of days so if you've written to me, I didn't get it. I usually receive over 100 Emails a day so whether they all come spilling in one day or whether they're lost in cyberspace, I don't know. Maybe Tim can figure it out tonight.

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:41 am

Green Leaves wrote:My granddaughter sent this to me, and I thought I would pass it along to my pumpkin friends:

I didn't see anything, Carol.

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Mole ---> Hole

Have I posted these, before? Anybody know what these are called? (I do, I'm just not telling, yet) :P

__________(Winston Churchill loved them), are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous.

1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on my list.

3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

8. They begin the evening news with "Good Evening", then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

9. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.

10. Buses stop in bus stations, trains stop in train stations, my desk is a work station.

11. I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.

12. In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency,
      notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'

13. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

14. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

15. Behind every successful man is his woman, behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.

16. A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

17. You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

18. Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

19. There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.

20. I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

21. You're never too old to learn something stupid.

22. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

23. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

24. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

25. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
      26. Where there's a will, there are relatives.

27. I'm taught to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
      "Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
      The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
      The Power of Story
      We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
      Essentially Lutheran
      My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

You're right, Mariane, it didn't come through and then I tried feeling the post and that didn't work either. :lol:
      http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler