To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 am

OOOOoo hey Shann.. Look at me post count now.

12345. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 am

So my friend Jamie and I started music practice last night at church. There is some kind of music thing we're doing the day before Thanksgiving so we're starting practices on Mondays from now until then.

It was a lot of fun too and we both enjoyed ourselves. Plus that's like the first time we've gotten to hang out in a while.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:No idea for cup. All I can think of is "Fill my cup, Lord" which is so in the box! My brain declared an absence of inspiration. That winning entry had to have been a fluke!

Somehow I missed the last part of this yesterday. Don't you dare call that a fluke. It was a touch of genius and you did an awesome job. It's not easy being a genius ALL of the time. But don't you give up on yourself or lessen your achievement otherwise you'll be in the doghouse with Pup! Then people will accuse me of being a matchmaker and it'll spread like wildfire until I've hooked up every single person with another single person on this whole site. I can't take that kind of pressure right now! :tongue :fingerwag :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy wrote:I had a great idea for CUP but no one wanted to use it. :roll:
I told you to use it Mister Dog! Now get a writing! (No I'm not wound about about the wedding at all. whatever could you all be talking about?)

So following my quest to make sure I straddle the line of doing and staying in bed resting, I went to Bible study. We never even got to the prayer request or opened the Bible but it was an awesome experience. I could feel God nudging me to bring the letter I wrote to Q to give to Jamie (minister and his wife Kathy) After Q's gf broke up with him, he found himself in a hard place. He was angry at God and wanted to give up on being a minister. Basically I told him I knew Jesus' heart was hurting for him because I knew how much mine was. Then I went on to tell him if he was going to be mad at God He should be mad at me too cuz I was the one who took him to church, read the Bible too him, provided him a way to get to camp where he met his gf and so on. When we finished talking he seemed a bit better and wasn't in the same place as he was earlier. Suddenly I felt this bucket of ice water being dumped on me. It was painful and terrifying. I started to cry and had a feeling Q was entertaining thoughts of hurting himself. He assured me that he wasn't and that he promised he'd call if things got bad. But I couldn't get rid of that feeling. The voice in my head was screaming that I set the example of hurting myself or attempting suicide when things got rough and my son would model my behavior. I started to dial Jamie praying he would answer the phone. When Kathy answered I almost hung up. I wanted Jamie because he would know what I was thinking and how I got there and I wouldn't have to explain the horrid details of my mind. But God knew Jamie was not what I needed. Anyway Kathy told me that she believed the Devil had gone after Q and was making headway with him by making him doubt his calling but after I said what i did that nick in Q's armor healed up and Satan set his sights on me. With a vengeance. Kathy encouraged me to pray and then she prayed and then i sent Q a intimate letter telling him what happened and why he was so special (personally I think it's the best thing I ever wrote) Well during Bible study when we were talking about different things about Cain and Abel sin and the Church. I could feel God telling me to share the letter. I didn't want to and was fidgeting. Finally I spoke up and said I feel stupid not because of what I wrote but what if I'm not hearing God right and I shouldn't share the letter. So Jamie told me to sum it up. Once I started talking I knew I didn't need to share the letter but God used it as a tool for me to share my story. Jamie affirmed what Kathy said and said the icy feeling was definitely Satan and he knew right where to poke. He went on saying that the example I set for my kids was the one telling Q that if he were mad at God then he should be mad at me. Then he went on to say it wasn't what I needed (talking to him) because God wanted to talk to me directly not through Jamie. Anyhow it was an awesome night and I have no doubt that God used my story to help others in the room. I wish I could bottle up that beautiful feeling and uncork it when I or my loved ones need it.

Anyhoo love ya all and wanted to share with you HUGS
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

What was your idea?

Thanks, Shann, you helped immensely with my story. I could use your thoughts (or anyone's) on a few sceens that seem to need some expanded with dialogue and showing.

--
Soon after the last day of school, I turned eleven. Mom got me a digital camera as I would go through film quick.
Rosa and I became best friends. We shared similar activities and both picked up rollerblading. I enjoyed camping and hiking with Rosa and her dad. I went to Rich’s cabin a few times with just him and sometimes Rosa joined us. Rosa and I decided not to sign up for Kids Baseball League because most of our friends had different interests. Some took up soccer and some skateboarding. Our group only camped out a couple times that year.
(paragraphs of naration following)
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 am

violin4jesus wrote:Tiara, I downloaded yWriter, which helps for plotting your novel. Not sure if you've tried something like that, but maybe it would help. You use it to write scenes, then you can organize the scenes however you want later on. Since I just did my last two novel attempts on Word, I'm hoping this will be a better software to work with. I'm totally second-guessing myself right now, thinking crazy stuff like who would buy my novel anyway - it's just a cheesy story, etc. But it's what I know and I should write what I know.

There's a lot of different regions for NaNoWriMo here, so hopefully I can connect up with some writers during November. I should do my own research for 24 hour writing spots (other than my own apt), and offer to host a write-in.

Hope everyone is doing well. Stumped on "cup" here too. :roll:

Hmm, never heard of YWriter, well i have but that was WHYWriter from SuperWHY WHYwriter write! I love how the main kids name is Wyatt, like that wasn't planned or obvious lol kind of cute though.

*edit
so I looked it up, downloaded it BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow :clap :superhappy :thumbs :bow :clap :superhappy :bow :thankssign :mrgreen: :bow :thankssign :superhappy
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 am

I managed to get the first five chapters planned out!
Last edited by JoyAnn on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 am

Hey Jay... :mrgreen:

jaybird wrote:What was your idea?

JesusPuppy wrote:You know.... the traditional hermit was a person that was so not interested in anything they secluded themselves away. So........ if you gathered a whole bunch of those people together, you know what you would have?

A Collection of Uninterested People

JesusPuppy wrote:Yeah.. too bad I am such a bad writer, I could come up with a story about an alternate universe where paper dolls are real and live out their lives as cardboard universe people. :wink:

JesusPuppy wrote:
Sparrow wrote:LOL, love the cup ideas. I actually got an idea for it. Kinda a dark one as usual, but I will try to get it out.

I have every confidence in you, as I know you are cup... Calm Under Pressure. :lol:

:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 am

JoyAnn wrote:so I looked it up, downloaded it BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow :clap :superhappy :thumbs :bow :clap :superhappy :bow :thankssign :mrgreen: :bow :thankssign :superhappy

Yay! So glad it worked for you! I've been studying for my neonatal resuscitation update so I haven't had time to plot or develop characters yet, but after I'm done voting this weekend I am going to get right on it.

I figure I'll get the voting out of the way so I can concentrate on writing in November. I was telling my massage therapist about voting on Prop 37, and she looked it up in her "Family Values Voter's Guide" and whoever wrote the darn thing was encouraging people to vote no! Because it *might* increase food prices on "perfectly good food" which is not organic. Um, okay - if you think eating pesticides and herbicides which farmers wear freakin' SPACESUITS to spread on their fields (and they also are pretty much causing all the honeybees to die which will create an even bigger food crisis) is "perfectly good" then you must be really deceived. I'm all for voting family values but I also like to use my brain. Americans are seriously brainwashed into thinking they should be able to eat anything they want even if it's loaded with chemicals and other added ****. Not that I don't ever indulge in the occasional fast food or donut, but I feel horrible when I do. When I eat organic, I never feel yukky or bloated afterward. NEVER.

Anyways, I always encourage people to vote their convictions. Read both sides and decide what you want. We have the freedom (currently) to do that and so we should.

We'll see if I get anything pounded out for "cup" this week. I have one more chapter to read and then I have to take my NRP tests. And I have to go to bed early tonight because the class/megacode practice is at 10am Thursday. May need some extra Benadryl to accomplish that task of getting up just past 8. Normally I'm just going to bed at that time!

Shann, your experience sounds awesome and I'm glad you went to Bible study. Fellowship is so worth it. Even though I can't make Sunday mornings, I'm so glad our church has a short service Sunday nights.

Okay...going to bed now so I can get up early in the afternoon so I can go to bed early tonight. :shock:

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 am

violin4jesus wrote:Americans are seriously brainwashed into thinking they should be able to eat anything they want even if it's loaded with chemicals and other added ****.

:shock:

I didn't think it was that bad of a word! Guess the filters are on strong here. :roll:

Well anyway, I feel strongly about the issue.... :mrgreen:

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 am

I hope Prop 37 gets passed because I heard that if it does they will most likely change the packaging on foods every where and not make special ones for California. At least if thats the case we can see what kind of stuff we get here that is and is not GMO.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:37 pm

violin4jesus wrote:
violin4jesus wrote:Americans are seriously brainwashed into thinking they should be able to eat anything they want even if it's loaded with chemicals and other added ****.

:shock:

I didn't think it was that bad of a word! Guess the filters are on strong here. :roll:

Well anyway, I feel strongly about the issue.... :mrgreen:

Well that will teach you to say **** online. :wink:

(actually typed **** not the other word the bad girl Leah used.) :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 am

JesusPuppy wrote:OOOOoo hey Shann.. Look at me post count now.

Aww, and you messed it up already. :lol:

at first all I could think of for cup was my cup runneth over but then I heard a person giving their testimony on the radio and it gave me an idea. I actually wrote it and am about to submit it.

Jay, you should enter the challenge next term on the first day when it's free and open to everyone. :)

Leah, funny, my "lewd" joke to Shann was about a word similar to that one. We're both trying to decide what was appropriate to use in our challenge stories or not.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 am

Sparrow wrote:

Aww, and you messed it up already. :lol:

Well, I did wait a whole day. But I guess it was a slow day, or a busy one depending on how you look at it, there were only a few post between.

Wow I just noticed.. I am almost caught up to you in post count. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah dude you got so chatty I totally missed it! :(
Sparrow wrote:
Leah, funny, my "lewd" joke to Shann was about a word similar to that one. We're both trying to decide what was appropriate to use in our challenge stories or not.

Your word that was lewd and crude and totally horrified me wasn't even close to **** though personally I don't think @*^^ is really that bad at all. Though I'm probably not the best judge of which words are acceptable. :oops:

I'm just mere hours from starting my hectic weekend I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I'm so glad M found a wonderful guy but also know the next couple of days are going to be super busy and I'm going to pay for it with pain for several days to come. I need to get some knee highs (can't wear pantyhose because of nerve damage on my thigh makes it feel like torture). I also wanted to get spanx or a belly band or something to hold in my beer belly BTW-I've never had a whole beer in my entire life so how is it fair that I have a beer belly--though I suppose 3 pregnancies and 2 C-sections might contribute to it but that doesn't explain my face! I'm so scared, and excited, weepy one minute and excited the next. Keep me in your prayers. Q is flying out tomorrow am and I pray Hurricane Sandy or whatever the s name is doesn't wrack havoc on the airlines in NC. Then M and Andy are leaving for Orlando around midnight after the wedding. I've told them even though it may take a couple of extra hours of straight driving time that it'll be better to go via PA to OH to KY to TN to AL to GA to FL in hopes of avoiding the storm if they went down I-95 Aww I wanted to run to town and get some things but I'm so tired maybe it's better to go to bed now and get things in am. Though I'm rethinking the spanx belly band. I know that for all of the formal pics I'm gonna be sucking in my gut so hard it'll probably pop out of my back.

Oh on a bright note I only have 340 posts to get to 4444
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:03 pm

jaybird wrote:

What was your idea?

Thanks, Shann, you helped immensely with my story. I could use your thoughts (or anyone's) on a few sceens that seem to need some expanded with dialogue and showing.

--
Soon after the last day of school, I turned eleven. Mom got me a digital camera as I would go through film quick.
Rosa and I became best friends. We shared similar activities and both picked up rollerblading. I enjoyed camping and hiking with Rosa and her dad. I went to Rich’s cabin a few times with just him and sometimes Rosa joined us. Rosa and I decided not to sign up for Kids Baseball League because most of our friends had different interests. Some took up soccer and some skateboarding. Our group only camped out a couple times that year.
(paragraphs of naration following)

I'd be delighted to help but remind me in a little bit cuz right now I can barely remember to make sure my undies match my clothes. Yes I know that's a bad sign, ya'll might want to run for the hills.
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler