To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 am

Well maybe if Prop 37 is passed then they will have to say if its GMO or not and instead of making special labels just for California make them for everywhere. I sure would like to know whats GMO or not too. I remember when my cousin visited a few years ago and told me about Monsanto and how horrible it is and basically about GMO and stuff.

Its almost like it's not safe to eat anything anymore.

by the way is DDR hard on the knees? I would do it if it wasn't too bad on the knees.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:50 am

Shann wrote:Those answers are what determines if you're an oddball. Hmm. . .on second thought it was really the questions that proved who was an oddball! Hmm. . .maybe I am the only oddball.

No... Yes... and MOST DEFINATELY yes. :lol: :rolling :heehee :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:40 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:Those answers are what determines if you're an oddball. Hmm. . .on second thought it was really the questions that proved who was an oddball! Hmm. . .maybe I am the only oddball.

No... Yes... and MOST DEFINATELY yes. :lol: :rolling :heehee :tongue

You can't fool us, Pup. Odd balls know other odd balls.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Okay, I got my novel's new hook where the character is an adult..a tempted robbery and he beats up the thugs..later tells his 7yo son stories of his childhood..it's short..should it be a prologue or the start of chapter 1? When the adult shows up again how would the reader know that I switched from past (telling his childhood) to present (adult)?

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 am

I have used the "Prolog" before and was told they aren't such a good thing writing-wise. Go with a Ch.1, or leave it an unmarked section before chapter 1, depending on how big or small.

Oh ya.. and I am not an oddball, I am a puppy... in a mans body. There is a difference you know. Kind of like the dog-faced-boy, but backwards. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:07 am

I am starting to get really stressed and frustrated about NaNo, I still have yet to sit down and make detailed plot for the book, and I having a hard time find the time and inspiration to do the detailed plotting. If I can't even manage to get the plot squared away then how will I ever time and inspiration to write during NaNo? NaNo is supposed to be a fun thing to get me writing all the time, but I feel like it won't be fun and I won't be writing all the time. I still want to do NaNo and I still want to do the book, but I don't want to ruin it by being unprepared and uninspired and destorying the story and having no fun. I don't know what to do.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Take a day off and pretend you already finished it.... :lol:

Playing with me new toy, had to get a wireless router. Odd it works with the Droid but not my lap top. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Glad you like your toy. What is it again? Like a tablet or an ipad or like a phone with doohickeys on it? (Can you tell my hubby is a computer geek by the technical words I use?) :mrgreen:

Jay I think you could do a flashback. If he'as just remember or you want it to play out like a flashback on TV so it's more showing than telling you could do something like this : Sitting on the porch with my 7 yo son, the memories flew past me. Myson (not a typo but the name for the son. Hmm I rather like that. Too bad it doesn't work with Mydaughter...Mygal? No? I digress back to the story example) reached over and touched a tear on my face. I gently cupped my hand around his. "I was thinking of the past." As I continied the storey, I closed my eyes and suddenly I was transported back to 1984.

The wind blew as the dark clouds swirled around. The thud, thud of my father's footsteps made me shiver with fear. Turning around I tilted my head back until my face was parallel to the ground. Through his stormy blue eyes Dad looked down on me. "Got your chores done Boy?"

After the past caught up with the present, I looked down at Myson. Something sparkled in his pale blue eyes. I think it was understanding. . .understanding of why I am who I am.

So does that help at all? I love doing that kind of stuff, I think even more than writing my own stuff but not because I don't like writing but more because I think it makes me feel needed or useful maybe even valuable...But again I digress.

Tiara NaNo is supposed to be fun and as a side note a way to get you writing. If it stresses you out too much maybe it's not the right venue for you. Try to just think of it as something you will enjoy and if you get 50,000 words then great but if all you get is a headache then know there is no shame in saying this isn't for me.

Today has been good. With only 5 days to the wedding I'm trying to find the balance between doing enough to help my agoraphobia and my fear of the pain I'll have when it's all over and overdoing making it impossible to enjoy the day. Today I unloaded the dishwasher, took a couple of mid-sized walks (for me), finished reading and commenting on the challenges, proofed 2 pieces for others, checked my email, picked up the stuff Phin drags into my bedroom (well some of it, getting all of it would be too much), worked for a bit on portable elliptical (Cuz my balance is wonky and there are no arm thingies I sit in the computer chair and move the feetie thingies while gently twisting to exercise back and waist) scrubbed tub and toilet. Now I'm going to indulge on my rice cakes (if I stop suddenly the stock market in Quakers and rice harvesters will plummet! I've been on my rice cake and honey kick since Feb which explains why I gained back almost half of the weight I lost)

I have an idea for my cup challenge. Thank you Amy for being my memory holder cuz when I get an idea I txt you and then you remind me or if I was awake and remember doing it I can check my sent messages. I know Amy was mulling over a story anyone else? Laura? Puppers? Barb? (The last time you entered you did awesome! I know technically it was the time before that you won your level but the last story was awesome too) Becky? Tiara (maybe taking a break and writing for Cup will help you with NaNO) Seema, Kate, Kara, Jay, Holly and anyone I may have missed.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Shann: I'm working on THINKING about an idea. It may be another bleak week for me. Not much enthusiasm. Just too much going on around me. I'm in a slump! blessings... laura

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Nope. nothing for CUP..... :|
Dum Spiro Spero

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:16 pm

No idea for cup. All I can think of is "Fill my cup, Lord" which is so in the box! My brain declared an absence of inspiration. That winning entry had to have been a fluke!
Barb Culler

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Rebecky wrote:Nope. nothing for CUP..... :|

I'm a little tea cup. Sometimes I'm cold, sometimes hot. I can be luke warm, also. You use my idea.

(present. don't mind the format)
“Is something troubling you, Matt?”
“What if they come back?”
“Don’t worry about that.” I stroked his hair. “You’re safe here and your dad will protect you—besides God is with us.” I knew what would distract his mind. “Matt, I will tell you a story: when I was a year older than you I had a most wonderful summer…so memorable…that was the summer your great grandma assigned my first journal. Anyway, so….”

(looking to past)
It appeared to be an ordinary June day as I sat on the front porch, engrossed in a western novel, until a thundering noise made me jerk up. A full-sized pickup truck pulling a trailer screeched to a halt across the street. A big man stepped out and stretched. When a boy about my age jumped out of the truck my heart began to race. Oh, to have a friend right across the street, I thought with excitement.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Seriously Jay, you're going with the name Matt after I gave you Myson? Puleezzzeee see if I help you again! :tongue Think of the fun you could have with that. Jay I'd like you to meet Myson.
Nice lil chap. What's his name?
Myson.
Yeah Dude your son.

No no Yourson is his brother.

What My son is whose brother?

Yourson is Myson's brother.

Uhh are you trying to tell me that my son is your son? That's a pretty serious accusation Dude. You're saying My wife and you...uh...
Man that's more traumatic then naming my character Wrigley Grace fFeldings. Maybe my nest story will be about siblings named Myson and Mygal. And they say Wrigley is too noticeable!

Though I think what you have with Matt going is a ggod idea. Maybe the last line, especially since Matt seems a bit scared, could go like this: I plopped my arm around Matt's shoulder and pulled his trembling body into mine. "Close your eyes and pretend that we are home watching TV. I'm going to tell you all about the summer your great-grandfather gave me my journal. I was a scrawny kid with deep blue eyes like you. Can you picture it?" I smiled as Matt nodded.

Well once upon a time, there lived a dashing young man, about 8 or so who lived in this very house. His mama called him Myson. :sorry

Guess I best scamper off to bed before I start telling you the things Amy told me. Why it'd shocked the matching granny panties off the most hmm...what was the word Amy called me...lewd person... :sorry :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 am

Shann, you crack me up! Looked like all that activity today made you super tired.

I worked a partial shift last night; did education stuff for the first five hours. Of course it got busy after 5am (as it usually does). I helped with a delivery for the first few minutes, then they pulled me to admit a multip. :mrgreen: (That's for Shann)

Ate too many points again, so had to get busy on the Wii. I spend 30 minutes on the Skateboard Arena and really worked up a sweat. It's a good aerobic and balancing game.

Tiara, I downloaded yWriter, which helps for plotting your novel. Not sure if you've tried something like that, but maybe it would help. You use it to write scenes, then you can organize the scenes however you want later on. Since I just did my last two novel attempts on Word, I'm hoping this will be a better software to work with. I'm totally second-guessing myself right now, thinking crazy stuff like who would buy my novel anyway - it's just a cheesy story, etc. But it's what I know and I should write what I know.

There's a lot of different regions for NaNoWriMo here, so hopefully I can connect up with some writers during November. I should do my own research for 24 hour writing spots (other than my own apt), and offer to host a write-in.

Hope everyone is doing well. Stumped on "cup" here too. :roll:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am

I had a great idea for CUP but no one wanted to use it. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler