To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Smoking Christians

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

eaglelion

Smoking Christians

Postby eaglelion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:55 am

Hi -

This morning I was contacted, via Facebook message, by a Christian who asked for prayer to quit smoking. I did pray for her. Our Lord used that to remind me of other Christians who smoke.
Here is the prayer that I posted on my blog:

Devoted Father GOD, You are strong and mighty, beyond all that we think, say or know. Your Word in Psalm 18:2 - KJV says, "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."

Lord, You delivered me from smoking years ago. I smoked almost a pack a day. Thank You, Lord, that Your blessed fire lit me up and Your love, power and strength delivered me. Please deliver others who are gripped by smoking and other addictions. Help them to steadfastly invest in You to gain knowledge and power to conquer. You won't do it all, Lord, but certainly You work with us to change that which displeases You. Teach us how, in all of our ways, to steadfastly bring You joy, pleasure and delight.

Thank You, Lord - Amen.

###

Psalm 107:20 - KJV
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them...
Psalm 63:8 - KJV
My soul followeth hard after thee:...

My profile http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=42309

Return to Encouragement from the Word