To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Back at you. :tongue

:thankssign :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:04 am

cdawson41 wrote:Wanted to stop by and say hello. Have been gone from FW for some time now. So many things going on in my life and just needed some time to reflect I guess. Hasn't done me a lot of good, but o well, here I am again. Hope everyone is doing well.

Glad to see you back, Cynthia. Hope all is going well. blessings... laura

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:39 am

Jay and Cynthia, I'd been wondering where you both were. Good to see you back and Miss Holly, awesome to have you drop in. Hope you can make it more often.

Becky, that's a really cool verse about the family and friends sticking together. We have that right here on the boards.

Pup, I've seen those clip on keyboards for the tablets and they are pretty cool. Have fun playing with it.

Becky, I did invite myself to a wedding I wasn't invited to. A Deaf friend who I'm not real close to is getting married tomorrow and two of my other Deaf friends who I am pretty close to are bridesmaids. I've been seeing the bride-to-be more often lately and want to go, so finally just outright asked if she had room for me to come. She'd just heard from a few other people that they couldn't come, so said I and my friend Holly can come. :) Should be fun. I've been having bad back spasms the last couple days, so hopefully won't be too painful. Glad it's in the evening so I can still sleep most of the day.

Things are going a little better at work. First week I was having a little trouble understanding my client but seems to be fine now. Things with my disability lawyer aren't much better, though. I guess I could have switched after all, but my fatigue has been so high it seems like too much to deal with, so I'm just trying to get as much proof and support as I can from other places like keeping a symptom diary and getting letters from people saying how I haven't been able to keep up with stuff and from doctors.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 am

Rebecky wrote:Well just feel alone all the time and my one friend is too busy these days and that's a long story My great aunt was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and coming up is the 3 yr anniversary since my other friends dad passed away.

I just don't know. :(

Oh yeah and for some reason me and my parents weren't invited to my cousins wedding but everyone else in the family was.

Ew, ouch...everyone else being invited to the wedding is a real stinger, however, I've just got to believe that it was an oversight like the invitation not getting to you for some odd reason. If it wasn't a mistake I sure would be wanting to know why. That's cold to say the least. The flip side is this is that if your cousin is that heartless, then I wouldn't want to expose myself to that kind of behavior, cousin or not. Juuuuuust saying. :roll: Besides, weeee's all loves you! :grouphug3

And Pup, about that no life you have, what about us? :mrgreen:

Jaybird....HI BUDDY! 22 degrees is a lot colder than what we're getting in northern california and mes is jealous. I'm weird, no doubt about it! But, I love cold weather, at least when it warms up to the 40's, 50's or 60's during the day.

Amykins...I guess ewes been having some all-around challenges with your fibro that is making work somewhat difficult, not to mention your plight for benefits. As always, my heart goes out to you, but I still believe it's all going to come together and when this battle is over, once and for-all....your fortitude will allow you to help another person who wants to give up when the unrighteous denials make you feel weathered, tethered and downright squashed. I believe that's exactly the intention of social security. Weed out the giver-uppers. SOOOOO, I'm glad ewes not one of 'em. You definitely deserve them....now don't you forget it neither....ok?

Hi Cynthia and cdawson41! Looking forward to gettin' to know ya better.

Okay, although I don't have to go to work today :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy gotta get "Pepper", my roommates LOUD-MOUTH Basset Hound off my bed. He knows I'm consumed with being on here and has taken over my bed, is clawing at my covers to make himself a perfect little nesting mound and is now rolling all over the mound on his back with little grunts of contentment.

I'll be back with one or two or three or...........whatever pics in just a few minutes.........

I got these off of photobucket but it's real-real close to how pepper looks. :)

Byeee for now

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Well it wasn't an oversight. My grandparents got a "Save the Date card" and then months later got an actual invitation. We didn't get either one. What's the chances both would be an "oversight".

Besides this cousin has never liked me anyway so its not a total shocker.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey all, you've been chatty this week which makes me super happy cuz things had been slow and I've missed the chatter.

Jay, so glad to see you pop in. I was afraid that you haven't been flying in so much cuz I keep whooping you in word! :tongue I am glad to hear from you though now that weather is getting cooler you'll have to pop in every day so we won't worry if you get a cold or a bug.

Cynthia I'm super happy to see you and hope things will get better. The best thing for a bump in the road is to hang out with some oddballs and I just happen to know where some meet on a regular basis... :mrgreen:

Holly Good to see you and you're just in time to hear me nag everyone to enter the challenge this week The topic is funny and since they changed the rules to allow Silver members (free membership) to be able to try the first week of each quarter this is the perfect time for everyone to make my dream come true of all of us submitting!

Pup no you can't submit your picture for the funny challenge! :tongue

Kara love the fact that you might really be an old goat on the inside or an old man or whatever!

Amy I think the idea of keeping a detailed journal is a brilliant idea! :D

Laura glad to see you pop in and sorry things have been hectic but I totally get that. I'm also glad you're excited about the challenge cuz that's one less person for me to nag!

Lauren delighted you had a nice birthday and hope you can writer a funny story for the challenge!

Becky, I get the feeling from not being invited to the wedding. Though since Emily is getting married 3 weeks from today (GASP sniff) I know there is a lot that goes into the decision about who to invite and with money being tight Emily had to be quite selective with whom she invited and if she didn't have a regular relationship with some she couldn't afford to invite them.

Tiara your novel sounds fascinating but I hope you'll take time to submit a story to the funny challenge!

Hopefuylly I didn't miss anyone though I do miss Shelley Barb and Seema but know they are often quiet but still watching over us.

I can't believe M is getting married in 3 weeks. it seems this year has gone by faster than any other year. Which is weird cuz I haven't been in the hospital at all this year (knock on wood) That hasn't happened in like 24 years or so! I went shopping with my sister on Thurs and bought a different dress for the wedding. I still hate the way I look but at least I like this dress. The other one reminded me of something my Gma had and she died 19 years ago at age 92 so I guess her dresses might be back in style!

I was going to the church this am to help make pizzas for a fundraiser but my car died. We thought it was the battery but turned out to be a fuse so i'm without a car for the next few days. It wasn't a normal fuse but a special order one. I was hurting really bad so it probably was best that I didn't go I'm worried about my agoraphobia and M's wedding but the fact that I got dressed and went out to the car should count as going out right?

Have a great day everyone and write a story for the challenge pppplllleeeeaaassssee! :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Shann wrote:Becky, I get the feeling from not being invited to the wedding. Though since Emily is getting married 3 weeks from today (GASP sniff) I know there is a lot that goes into the decision about who to invite and with money being tight Emily had to be quite selective with whom she invited and if she didn't have a regular relationship with some she couldn't afford to invite them.

Well see that's the ironic part... she is on the outs with her parents to the point that we didn't think she'd invite them at all but she did. Not to mention she invited our other cousin(s) who live further away and she doesn't have a regular relationship with them either but yet they were invited. Not to mention they've invited a lot of people, it's going to be a huge wedding and considering she's invited everyone in the family to the wedding (except us) just shows that it was not an oversight and considering that she's never liked me that goes to show we were intentionally not invited because she doesn't want us (me) there. Although I wouldn't be surprised if another reason why is because my aunt (whom is her aunt but she considers to be her mother now because she hates her own mother) and I don't get a long anymore after my Aunt "blew up" at me 5 years ago so I think its just a combo of disliking me and everyone else in the family disliking me too. The only ones who like me is this cousin's brothers, a couple of our other cousins, an aunt who is in the same boat as me (no one else likes her except me and is always made fun of her for her OCD and Lysol addiction) and my grandparents.

Our family is very messed up and everyone dislikes everyone else. My grandparents are the glue but when they pass away our family will cease to exist along with them.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Pup, about that no life you have, what about us? :mrgreen:

Oh come now, we all know we are just programs on someone elses computer screen. :wink:

Having a time with me new toy. had to go into town just to activate it, but I did download a few books, and a couple games. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 pm

the Kitty wrote:I did download a few books, and a couple games. :mrgreen:

OOOooo fuuuuun :D :mrgreen: :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Oh Shann I hadn't even looked aat, I forgot that it started up again.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 am

Hi Guys.

Beckykins...your cousin sounds like a SNIT and as for family woes....we all got 'em. I'm just glad that in my family, I'm the one who is never wrong, am always precious and no matter what I do or say that some of 'em don't like, I know that it's everyone else that has head trips! :heehee

Pup...does my heart good to see you so happy with your new toy. I'm gonna be downright c r a z y whenever I get a new computer. OH, and as for us being just a program on a computer....well, ya gotta admit, we all got heart around here that touches your heart. Right? (oh brother...just can't wait to hear what his comeback is to this)

Shannikins....WOW, 3 weeks for Emily's wedding. How exciting! I know it's a loss at the same time, but I think you two will grow even closer as the years go by and she becomes a mother... appreciating you even more, in ways she can't until she experiences motherhood and the wedded life. :) As for the record you've set now going into the hospital this year... :superhappy As for entering the challenge, I have a story but just don't know if I should use it because some may consider it a little inappropriate, yet it's real life which I know most could relate to.

Hi to all the rest of ewes! Have a happy, content and blessed day in the Lord today.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Shann wrote:Pup no you can't submit your picture for the funny challenge!

Well you know the old saying, a picture is worth a thousand word..? If I use a picture of me, I would have to cut back so much Funny-lookingness that no one would be able to understand the punchline anyway. :roll:

Bubbles' wrote:well, ya gotta admit, we all got heart around here that touches your heart. Right?

So would a good cup of coffee and a batch of fudge. And they too are just as missed when their are gone.

The coffee prolly more so. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Its cold and rainy here. About 53º... my wrist is absolutely painful and i have to wear my brace.

Puppy... what kind of games do you have on your new toy?

Oh and I think i'm gonna do NaNo this year. If any of you who are doing it don't have me as a friend on the nano site my name is beckersme.

I don't have a good name for the book i'm gonna do so its still "untitled".

I have to work tomorrow so I'll be in bed early tonight.

Friday I'm going out with a friend and staying the night at her house and on Saturday we're going to her Sister's baby shower. Sunday is a dinner at church and my cousin and his girlfriend will be up visiting (they're going to our cousins wedding on Sat.) but I'm excited to see them!
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:29 am

Sounds fun, Becky! We're still in a record-breaking drought. It's been 80+ days since we've had rain. I can't remember going more than a month without rain before. I'm so ready for it. With all the forest fires in the east, my eyes and throat are burning all the time.

The wedding I invited myself to was fun, though it wore me completely out. The bride and groom are both deaf and the whole wedding was in ASL. It was so cool. The pastor was deaf, too. They did unity sand instead of lighting a unity candle--had different colored sand they each poured into one vase and the groom's son from a previous marriage was involved and poured his own sand in, too. I thought that was awesome they did the unity with all three of them.

I carpooled there with my friend Holly and she was sick, so hope I don't get it. Still been fighting the fatigue and soreness real badly, so don't need to be sick on top of that.

Jay, what question did we miss?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 am

80 days????? Oh wait you are more inland than me, and actually have a summer. if we go more than a few weeks they call it a disaster and charge three times as much for water usage. :roll:

Then too the fog here gets like rain, walk in it for a minute or two and you are soaked clean through. :lol:

Re-Becky Kiddo wrote:what kind of games do you have on your new toy?

Well at this time only solitaire. Most of the games you need to be online playing with someone else. They have a few racing games I was going to check out, but haven't yet.

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler