To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Joanney
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Joanney » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 pm

deejay wrote:I think I should learn how to cut and paste the relevant parts of a post to avoid confusing people. Help, please?

Deejay, once you hit "Quote" simply go into the text box and delete the parts you do not want. For instance, I highlighted everything in yours from [quote="beachgrandma"] to the space before the sentence I wanted to quote, then hit the delete button. Hope that helps. When I do this, I always hit preview to make sure I didn't miss a color or bold or something and have a spare hmtl code hanging out.
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 pm

...and then just like a bad cold... he came back...

Hail (spl?) porch dwellers of the Southern hemisphere. I, the Nomad net surfer-type person, bring you greetings from virtual lands from afar. Uhm... Where's mom?
George

Read My Rubbish

"Nothing torments the mind of a writer more than silence." ~ Me

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Hey George, how ya been? It's really been a while since we've seen you around here, but you are always a welcome face. Your rocker is still here, I'll just dust it off for you. :welcome :welcome
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 pm

:thankssign , Carole.
George

Read My Rubbish

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Yo...George!!!

Long time no hear...or see.

We've missed ya, brother! Come and sit a spell.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi, Don! The old rocker is as comfortable as it was when I left it. Rockers are funny like that. :cry:
George

Read My Rubbish

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi George. Nice to see you. :)

Thanks, Carole. I was wondering if there might be another herb I can take. (Prescription antihistamines don't help me.) I take a combination of Nettle and Quercetin to help with the headaches (but they aren't enough alone) and when I know I'm going to be exposed to allergens, I'll take it ahead of time. I take Fenugreek daily and that helps with the drainage (thins it basically).

It's too bad I don't have a video of my adventure with the sinus rinse. With the first squirt, I panicked and there was water everywhere, but it got better after that. My mom and I were laughing as I got through the whole ordeal, but boy did my sinuses drain.

My mouth sores are almost healed up. For the first time in a week, I was able to eat a little bit tonight without first using the numbing mouthwash. And the acid reflux is improving. So I'm coming around.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 am

Hey George...are you still poking holes in the bottom of the pond?

Seems to me it would take a big bunch of them to drain it dry. :lol:

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 am

Carole L wrote:
I've tried the Nettypot, washing out my sinus. I panicked, and couldn't do it. But I've had plenty of people tell me it works wonderfully, and, after buying the pot, it's free. Some people do it daily!

Hmmm...waterboard torture comes to mind! :shock:

Actually, it's not too bad...once the fear of drowning goes away...so I've heard. :roll:

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:49 am

singing:

THERE HE IS, MR. AMERICA
From "The Mr. America Pageant"
(Bernie Walsh)

There he is, Mr. America
There he is, your ideal
The dream of a million guys who are more than handsome can come true
in Atlantic City
For he may turn out to be the King of Masculinity.

There he is, Mr America
There he is, your ideal
With so many hunks here, he took the town by storm
With his all-American face and form

And there he is
Walking on air, he is
Stud of the fair, he is
There he is - Mr America.

AND HERE, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IS THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE DEEP SOUTH, THE ONE AND ONLY MR. GEORGE WILFRED PARLER, WHO HAS RETURNED TO THE FOLD, A WEEPING PRODIGAL SON, BEGGING OUR FORGIVENESS, PROMISING TO MAKE UP FOR MANY MONTHS MIXING WITH THE DREGS OF THE INFAMOUS FACEBOOK, WHILE IGNORING HIS REAL FAMILY HERE.

OH WAIT! MY MISTAKE! I WAS JUST INFORMED BY HIS PUBLICIST THAT GEORGE IS ONLY BREEZING BY ON HIS WHIRLWIND TOUR OF THE WORLD PROMOTING HIS LATEST BOOK, "BY GEORGE, I MADE IT (and you can make $5 million too by selling framed and matted pictures of your body in colorful lint)."

WELL, THAT'S OK, GEORGE, WE'RE HAPPY TO HAVE EVEN A FLEETING GLIMPSE OF YOU AS YOU DASH ON THROUGH TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS. WE'RE PROUD OF YOU, WE LOVE YOU AND WE'LL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PICTURE ON THE NEXT MAGAZINE COVER OF "BIG AND BEAUTIFUL BODY- BUILDING BICEPS."

HUGS AND KISSES,
YOUR ADORING FANS ON THE SOUTHERN PORCH
:party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :love2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :music2 :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :heehee :grouphug2 :grouphug2 :grouphug2 :grouphug2 :grouphug2 :grouphug2 :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :hugkiss :hugkiss :hugkiss :hugkiss :hugkiss :hugkiss :hugkiss :hugkiss :hugkiss
Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Oh boy! That did it!

That welcome would surely scare him off for good. Now, he will never again dare to peek inside the porch. We might never hear from George...ever again.

My question to him about poking holes in the bottem of the pond will never be answered.

So sad...

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Don,I thought mine was a warm, loving welcome! :love2 George knows he's like a son to me because I tell him so on Facebook all the time. But he's a good sport and I promise you he won't be scared off by my teasing. In my book we have two or three of the finest men on the internet (you and George and occasionally you-know-who). I appreciate your faithfulness, your steady demeanor and love for God and I appreciate George's wild sense of humor mixed in with deep spirituality. :angel2

Maybe I should be more careful what I write but my inner screener seems to be on strike lately. I posted something on Facebook which I learned later hurt a couple of people and I felt terrible. I thanked my prayer partners for seeing me through a difficult time but I realized too late that I'd posted it in the wrong place. Several of my relatives and I have a prayer partner sort of thing going on and it was to them I was addressing my remarks but I posted it for the general public on Facebook. Some of my friends felt left out and I was so sorry. If some of you have special pages on Facebook for special groups you know what I mean. I belong to one from my hometown which is a riot. Another is from Nyack College where I went to school. The prayer partners in my extended family discuss everything under the sun and pray for everything under the sun, too. But I need to be more careful in posting. I usually wear a patch over my left eye when I'm on the computer and I overlook a lot and mistake a lot more so I guess that's what happened. :heehee :orangeyes :sofa

Well, the boys have been here 5 days and will be with their mother for 5 days starting tomorrow. I enjoy them so much and miss all their hugs and kisses when they're gone. Tim sees them every day at church since the Christian school they attend is on the same campus as the church.

All for now. Love you guys and gals.
:loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou
Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Mariane...I was just kidding, you know. Sometimes my humor attempts are too dry to swallow.

It seems I have a knack for kidding with a straight face, too. It drives my family and friends crazy 'cause they are never sure what I have said. Except for Joanney, nobody else here has met me face to face.

Just so you know...the visible worry lines in my face are not really worry lines at all. They are just old-age wrinkles.

:heehee

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Don, I changed jobs last Thanksgiving after a new company bought the rigs I worked on and I took a 20 percent pay cut. But the goodness was already at work before I could brush the the cobwebs off my resume'.

Another company called me and offered me a position of Drilling Equipment Engineer on an ultra deep water, state of the art, SPAR drilling/production platform.

I am presently working out of an office in Houma, LA, still on a 14/14 schedule. In short it was a pay raise with about 75 percent less stress.

The rig lost the drilling package to the bloody deep during hurricane Ike. It's sitting at the bottom of 4900 feet of water. It was deemed cheaper to build a new drilling package than try to recover and refurbish the old one. The new drilling package was floated out and installed on the platform last February.

In short by the time all the commissioning is completed, along with all the new government requirements after the gulf spill incident, it is speculated that we will not be poking holes in the Gulf of Mexico until the fall of 2014.
George

Read My Rubbish

Inkpen

Postby Inkpen » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Mariane, I've been welcomed before but none as... uh...welcomey as yours. LOL
George

Read My Rubbish