To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Happy happy birthday Lauren!! :D :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :shiney2 :star2 :birthday :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:51 pm

So did you guys hear that the first topic of each quarter is open to silver members(free membership) and that it starts on Oct 4 this time. So now I have the chance to fulfill my dream of having all of us participate on the challenge. No excuses!!!! I am going to nag each one of you relentlessly so be prepared! :shiney2 :fingerwag :fingerwag :love2 :pirate2 so make it easy on all of us and just plan on submitting. <3
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Shann wrote:
Hey Barb, so cool you got to see Leah even if just for a bit. Isn't Tim in your neck of the woods too (though from what I understand So Ca has a very long neck so it may not be feasible) but maybe ya all could get together. Sorry to hear about tour pain. Wishing I were there to make it all better though not sure what I could do, you've probably outgrown the let mommy kiss it stage huh? Plus kissing your hips and legs doesn't quite sound right so instead I'll pray cuz I can do that here or there why I can pray everywhere! (((HUGS)))

Tim lives about an hour and half north of me. I'm close to Seema.

My mom never kissed it better. She said to get over it. :? At least I can still get around. I suppose that if I had not lost all this weight, I'd really be crippled up. Thank you for caring! (((((hugs))))
Barb Culler

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 am

Shann wrote:
tonguethaid wrote:
Shann wrote:Pup harbors aliens in his basement. I'm a secret alien myself, Kara got hooked on Dr Who because Pup suggested it to her so they have conversations that many can't follow.

The individualist in me squirmed a bit at this. I actually had been watching Doctor Who before, I just found out that Pup also was a huge fan and it was nice to talk about it with someone. (and the individualist in me wouldn't let that go...how silly)

I am so sorry, I never meant to suggest you weren't an individualist. I had thought you were asking about good shows to watch and Pup suggested Dr. Who so I apologize and come to you on bended knee and ask for your forgiveness :sorry :oops: :sorry :loveyou

:wink: No worries Shann. I was mostly giving myself a hard time cause I couldnt move past it. :roll: Silly Nilly :wink:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Saw it before....? I feel I must set the record straight here by asking. Before what, or is that before Who? :wink:

Have you watched all the old ones yet? As I watched the show back when I was a kid, which was before you were born, I watched it "before" and you just found out about it. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:
Shann wrote:
Hey Barb, so cool you got to see Leah even if just for a bit. Isn't Tim in your neck of the woods too (though from what I understand So Ca has a very long neck so it may not be feasible) but maybe ya all could get together. Sorry to hear about tour pain. Wishing I were there to make it all better though not sure what I could do, you've probably outgrown the let mommy kiss it stage huh? Plus kissing your hips and legs doesn't quite sound right so instead I'll pray cuz I can do that here or there why I can pray everywhere! (((HUGS)))

Tim lives about an hour and half north of me. I'm close to Seema.

My mom never kissed it better. She said to get over it. :? At least I can still get around. I suppose that if I had not lost all this weight, I'd really be crippled up. Thank you for caring! (((((hugs))))

Well, when my kids started swimming, the coach had a saying similar to your mother's. If this helps in a motherly way, I'll tell you what the coach and now I say to the kids...Suck it up Buttercup!
Though I said that to Lyd when she was complaining about her knee, I thought it probably hurt a bit more than it usually might because she was so sick. . . turns out she had torn ligaments or something like that and is still in knee brace and has MRI scheduled next week.

Then when M was about 9 or 10, she started getting migraines. We found out that some of her triggers were her favorite foods. I had a hard time getting her to not eat them at friends houses and school. So one morning she came down and plopped on my lap and complained that her head hurt so bad and I went on a mini-tirade that went something like "Well, it's your own fault, I've told you not to eat those foods and if they give you a headache I don't want to hear any complaining. You're old enough to decide if eating chocolate is worth the pain so sit up and quit complaining. And what on earth do you have all over your face?!" She had chicken pox :oops: so I ate humble pie and paid for my unsympathetic attitude because the incubation period is 10 days to 3 weeks and we had just gotten to 3 weeks and I breathed a sigh of relief and then on three weeks and one day Q came down with them. And you guessed it, 22 days later Lyd got them! I had chicken pox for over 2 months straight. Plus since Lyd was a baby and breastfeeding she had some immunitiy so she had a relatively minor outbreak although with a baby any outbreak is days of crying and fussing but then a few months later she got them again!

My G-ma told me that chicken pox could only be transferred by the opposite sex. I thought it was an old wives' tale but M was crazy about the new baby Lyd and had spent far more time with her before the sores erupted which is the most contagious time so I thought Q and Lyd would get them simultaneously but it appears that M gave them to Q who gave them to Lyd. Crazy 9 weeks. Oh so back to my point dear Barb Suck it up Buttercup! And here is a kiss from Mommy too. }{
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:36 pm

tonguethaid wrote:
The individualist in me squirmed a bit at this. I actually had been watching Doctor Who before, I just found out that Pup also was a huge fan and it was nice to talk about it with someone. (and the individualist in me wouldn't let that go...how silly)

I am so sorry, I never meant to suggest you weren't an individualist. I had thought you were asking about good shows to watch and Pup suggested Dr. Who so I apologize and come to you on bended knee and ask for your forgiveness :sorry :oops: :sorry :loveyou[/quote]

:wink: No worries Shann. I was mostly giving myself a hard time cause I couldn't move past it. :roll: Silly Nilly :wink:[/quote]

Well, I mainly thought Pup had suggested it because both he and my hubby are big fans and both can be old grouchy goats so I couldn't imagine a beautiful, sweet, charming butterfly like you watching the same show the old goats watch without some encouragement.

So in my attempt to flatter you, did I insult you even more? And I know Pup is going to come back with an I'm not an old goat but an old mutt or something like that! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 pm

BOO! I thought I'd fly in! A real life, what's that?
Jam is more summer, well autumn, also.
I'm making progress on my novel revision. Been playing hard, too! Games! Chatting with my best friend, Candi alot. :D
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:23 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Saw it before....? I feel I must set the record straight here by asking. Before what, or is that before Who? :wink:

Have you watched all the old ones yet? As I watched the show back when I was a kid, which was before you were born, I watched it "before" and you just found out about it. :tongue

Haha...before as in before I knew you watched it. I did watch a few of the old episodes. I just finished downloading some more- hopefully have time to watch them. Seems like I'm not the only one that has to set the record strait :wink:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:27 am

Shann wrote:Well, I mainly thought Pup had suggested it because both he and my hubby are big fans and both can be old grouchy goats so I couldn't imagine a beautiful, sweet, charming butterfly like you watching the same show the old goats watch without some encouragement.

So in my attempt to flatter you, did I insult you even more? And I know Pup is going to come back with an I'm not an old goat but an old mutt or something like that! :tongue

Haha! Oh Shann you make me life. Nice recovery with the flattery :wink:. The show is becoming super popular now, so there is a sense of "true fandom" we have to vie over. It was actually my brother in law who got me to watch it. We like a lot of the same shows so I gave it a try.

Maybe I'm just an old grouchy man on the inside :lol: :mrgreen:
♥Kara

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am

Shann wrote:I know Pup is going to come back with an I'm not an old goat but an old mutt or something like that! :tongue

Baaaaaa... Who are you calling old there girly..? :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

b24bomb

Postby b24bomb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm

srashmi wrote:Happy birthday, Lauren :!:

:birthday :party :music2 :grouphug2 :grouphug :grouphug3

Shann wrote:Happy happy birthday Lauren!! :D :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :shiney2 :star2 :birthday :party

Thank you! :thankssign I had a really good one. :D

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am

Tomorrow is the kickoff of the Biggest Loser...excited and nervous!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:37 pm

I opened my email this morning, and praise God! I now have Topic Reply Notifications from threads I've been active on! I can log in, then later come here and check any threads I missed--a real timesaver! Thanks a bunch, Bea and Mike! :thankssign :coolsign :clap :superhappy :thumbs :D 8) :bow :party :rockon :shiney2 :love2 :music2 :typing2 :heehee :grouphug :grouphug2 :loveyou :hugkiss :grouphug3 :hugs3 :hugs2 :handshake

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 pm

"Friends love through all kinds of weather,
and families stick together in all kinds of trouble." Proverbs 17:17 (The Message)
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler