To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:52 pm

tonguethaid wrote:Cyborg gunslinger? yes please! :D (what did you think of Oswin? and how do you think she will end up as his companion?)

He could catch her BEFORE she became a Dalek, which would mess up the time-line, OR slip through a dementional rift into her dream state, which in turn is different level of his own dream-state from before Amy came alone, matching up with that strange line about the duck pond without the ducks, and the fact that she didn't know about the Daleks or Cybermen, therefore he will Wake-up and find reality changed back and the Amy he had met in the dreamstate never existed in reality, and all that about the "Crack in time" was only his own mind trying to brake free from the dream universe. Then, back in reality, he finds the house Amy lived in only to find Oswin is the one who lives there.... Confused yet?

Meself, I think he will just find "Someone else" that looks and acts like her but with a different name. (you should know better than to ask me questions about Doctor Who. :tongue )
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:08 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANN! :birthday :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :!: :!: :!:
Barb Culler

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 am

Barb beat me to it. :?

:birthday Happy birthday to our favorite encourager!!! Love you, Shann.

What happened to Becky's post? :(

Was on standby all night apparently mistakenly - some charge nurse wrote in that I requested it but I didn't. :cry: Sure could have used the hours, although I was tired and the rest was nice. Still, we need income. I really don't want to have to work extra next week to make up for missing tonight. Ryan had an interview at Trader Joe's. Praying for God's will - it sure would be wonderful for him to have a job!

I had my massage also which was wonderful. I have a ways to go as far as healing my back, but each massage loosens me up a little more.

Off to bed. I'll definitely work tonight.

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:07 am

:birthday Shann and congrats on the EC :!:

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:10 am

:birthday :party :birthday :party :birthday :party :birthday :party :birthday :party
I am so excited that today we can celebrate one of our most favorite encouragers here on Faithwriters! You are an absolute jewel! I hope your day is as special as you are! blessings in Christ, laura

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Happy birthday, Shann!!!!!! :party :birthday :party :birthday :party :birthday :superhappy :superhappy :grouphug :music2 :party :birthday

I've been lurking, but I'll admit I've only been skimming, and I haven't been replying to everything. But I do come by on occasion, still. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Shann was out shopping for a dress for her daughter's wedding, so is worn out now. Hopefully she'll pop in later and see her messages. I was soooo excited for her that she won an EC and happy birthday to her. She's such a special friend.

Leah, I can't believe your hubby's friends bailed after you drove that far. :o I gasped when I read that. Wow. Bummer. Glad you were still able to see some other friends though.

Seema, cool you got the challenge entered! I feel like trying to enter myself this week, but we'll see.

We decided for sure we are going to drive up to Seattle and pay for the upright MRI. I've been talking to other people with EDS who have neck instability and a few of them said nothing showed up on the normal laying down MRI but it did on the upright one. Unfortunately the fix for that is surgery and that's scary to me for lots of reasons, but the instability can cause permanent damage to the brain or spinal cord, so it's a good thing to check out.

Keep praying about the disability lawyer situation too, please. I'll share more when I can but things are crazy messed up. :?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:31 am

JoyAnn wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Kara, did you already tell us what your NaNo book is about? I can't think of it at the moment if you did.

Tiara, sorry you missed the news about my party. You were invited.

Yeah, I didn't read it if you did so I wanna hear what it is about and its okay Amy, I wouldn't have been able to come anyway.

So I am going to do an adaptation of the classic Sleeping Beauty, but want to try and make it a real story- with some major rewrites in how the story develops- but still a fantasy. Its one story I don't feel like has been done much outside of the ballet and Disney movie and thought it would be cool to try. I feel like it will come out a completely different story, with only some similarities. We will see!

JesusPuppy wrote:
tonguethaid wrote:Cyborg gunslinger? yes please! :D (what did you think of Oswin? and how do you think she will end up as his companion?)

He could catch her BEFORE she became a Dalek, which would mess up the time-line, OR slip through a dementional rift into her dream state, which in turn is different level of his own dream-state from before Amy came alone, matching up with that strange line about the duck pond without the ducks, and the fact that she didn't know about the Daleks or Cybermen, therefore he will Wake-up and find reality changed back and the Amy he had met in the dreamstate never existed in reality, and all that about the "Crack in time" was only his own mind trying to brake free from the dream universe. Then, back in reality, he finds the house Amy lived in only to find Oswin is the one who lives there.... Confused yet?

Meself, I think he will just find "Someone else" that looks and acts like her but with a different name. (you should know better than to ask me questions about Doctor Who. :tongue )

Nah I love to hear your theories. It actually makes sense- and I could see that happening. Although it would be really timey-wimey because of all the River Song stuff. Cause she came in before the crack in time in Amy's room.

If thats not the case, I don't see the Doctor finding her before, especially knowing how she dies, I don't think he will be content to just leave her to die there. I think he will find a way to save her.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 am

Goodness... I am overwhelmed with all that has been posted since I last came here. I feel way out in left field at times because you all have been here for so many more years that me. I feel anything I may make comments on would sound stupid because I know nothing about what you all are talking about. To that end, I will just ramble from time to time and keep you up to date on my little world here in Tacoma, Washington.

We are having a beautiful Indian summer; the temps have been in the 70's as we continue to go through September. We definitely feel a chill in the mornings but then by lunch, the sun is beginning to warm the earth.

I am still feeling some residuals of my fall of two weeks ago. I hurt more than my chest and my ego. It seems I have hurt my hips and legs and my right foot is hurting as well. I know my general every day hurts, so these are definitely from the fall. But each day, I feel better and stronger and continue to praise God that my fall wasn't worse and it did not cause any bones to be broken.

Blessings in Christ, laura

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 am

WHAT... you mean Shann had another birthday. Aren't you a weeeeee bit old for that sort of thing. :tongue

tonguethaid wrote:If thats not the case, I don't see the Doctor finding her before, especially knowing how she dies, I don't think he will be content to just leave her to die there. I think he will find a way to save her.

Well, it's that, or carry a Dalek around with him. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:35 pm

tonguethaid wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Kara, did you already tell us what your NaNo book is about? I can't think of it at the moment if you did.

Tiara, sorry you missed the news about my party. You were invited.

Yeah, I didn't read it if you did so I wanna hear what it is about and its okay Amy, I wouldn't have been able to come anyway.

So I am going to do an adaptation of the classic Sleeping Beauty, but want to try and make it a real story- with some major rewrites in how the story develops- but still a fantasy. Its one story I don't feel like has been done much outside of the ballet and Disney movie and thought it would be cool to try. I feel like it will come out a completely different story, with only some similarities. We will see!

Oh cool, I actually want to one day write an enter Disney Classics Series and rewrite my favorites with a new modern twist. But that was one that isn't on my list.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Happy Birthday!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:26 am

JoyAnn wrote:Oh cool, I actually want to one day write an enter Disney Classics Series and rewrite my favorites with a new modern twist. But that was one that isn't on my list.

Yeah that's why I decided to do it- cause it doesn't seem to be on anyone's list so I took that as a challenge :wink:

Laura, I think depending on what the topic is we all still can feel a bit "out of the loop" so you should just feel at home to share whatever is going on with you or whatever you want to talk about :D

A Dalek companion? That sure would be different :mrgreen:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 am

tonguethaid wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Oh cool, I actually want to one day write an enter Disney Classics Series and rewrite my favorites with a new modern twist. But that was one that isn't on my list.

Yeah that's why I decided to do it- cause it doesn't seem to be on anyone's list so I took that as a challenge :wink:

Laura, I think depending on what the topic is we all still can feel a bit "out of the loop" so you should just feel at home to share whatever is going on with you or whatever you want to talk about :D

A Dalek companion? That sure would be different :mrgreen:

Thanks, Kara, that's exactly what I will do. It is 3:07 a.m. and I'm not sleeping well tonight. I have a heavy heart for a situation in my family where the mother and dad are separated and the children have virtually been forgotten in the shuffle. They are with Nana (that would be me) tonight as mother and dad try to talk out their differences, but until mom totally surrenders to God's way and not her way, God won't have a chance to do His handiwork. It is so difficult to watch from the sidelines even though my advice has been summoned. It is killing me so I have to heed my own advice... to give my part to the Lord. blessings in Christ... laura

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:19 am

tonguethaid wrote:A Dalek companion? That sure would be different :mrgreen:

Weeellllll.. she did make it to where they don't remember hiim. She could have also made them nice guys. :roll:

NAaaaaaaa. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler