To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 am

Amy, your party sounds like so much fun- wished I lived closer to be able to come!

Yesterday, my niece and her family made it safely to their new home in North Carolina. They left Colorado Springs on Sunday and arrived couple hours before the time to meet at the realtor's office in Raleigh, North Carolina,for closing of their new house. It almost did not come together, after weeks of problems, but did at the last minute!
They spent the night in the bare house and expect the furniture and other belongings to arrive on Sunday- if all goes well.
Barb Culler

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Cynthia, I'm so glad you popped in I've been super worried and also feeling guilty that I may have discouraged you when I critiqued your story you sent me. I've really grown to love you in the short time I've known you. When you took my phrase tad wacky and made it into a character I knew we were kindred spirits. :)

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for sending Cynthia to us. She has lifted my spirits many times over the summer. Thank you for living us through our dark times--the times when we feel the most unlovable. Thank you for family and friends who stick by us when we may not feel worthy of stickiness.
Wrap your arms around Cynthia and whisper comforting thoughts in her ear. We ask in the precious name of Jesus Christ to rebuke the devil and silence his attempts to tell us lies and make us doubt ourselves and sometimes even you. We beg for your forgiveness and thank you for giving it to us so freely. Grant Cynthia the strength and fortitude to overcome the hurdles that life often puts in our paths. Most of all remind her she is never alone. You know her needs better than she does and we pray you provide her with all that she needs to overcome this difficult time. We love you and are so grateful that we can call you Father, Teacher, and Friend. Amen
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:29 am

Hi, everyone. Had a great time at the Brain Tumor Society walk. It was at Angel Stadium and we got to walk around the field while the team practiced. Long and tiring, but worthwhile. Tried not to get too :( . Being busy helped, but volunteering and walking was too much, though. Next year, I'll choose just one.

:sleep

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:46 am

Wow Seema that sounds like an awesome experience! I wish I'd lived closer. It sound like an adventure for you while at the same time a good charity.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 am

tonguethaid wrote:Pup- Asylum of the Daleks!! :D

That was last week, I just got done watching "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" Next week is the Western. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:14 am

Ms. Barbie wrote:Amy, your party sounds like so much fun- wished I lived closer to be able to come!

It was really fun! We had a great turnout... I think we had 12 adults plus my siblings and parents, plus almost that many kids. I felt very loved. Even a cousin I'm not in that great of touch with showed up. I haven't gotten all the pics other people took sent to me yet, but I'll post one of my family and then maybe more later. If you're friends with me on FaceBook you can go check out more there.

I also got back my professional pictures from the writing conference. I'm kinda disappointed because the stylist did way more eye makeup than I'm used to and it ended up too dark and looks over done. But otherwise they are great pics. I'll put one as my avatar and maybe post another...

Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:02 am

Wow I feel smart. I didn't even know there was a party until now.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:57 am

Thanks, Verna and Kara and anyone else who have congratulating me on my First Place entry in Beginners last week. I'm still in disbelief. This week I haven't even begun to think of an entry. My brain has shut down, I guess.

Cynthia... I should have known something was amiss with you. We were corresponding and then all of a sudden you stopped. I will be praying for your present needs. I hit a low a few months ago myself, but thank God I had church family who came to my rescue and who confirmed how much I am loved and needed.

My body continues to recover from my fall. It wasn't just my chest that I banged up. This past week I have suffered from hip, knee and leg pain; however, that is slowly dissipating. I still thank the Lord for seeing me through one of the worst falls I've ever taken.

Busy, busy, busy and there is no end in sight. I'm writing, taking grandchildren to school and picking them up, being a wife which encompasses so much. Need a few moments to myself one of these days soon.

Hope all is well with everyone. Happy Birthday, Amy! Hope your birthday and party were as special as you are. Later all... laura

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Tiara- love your banner! Sounds like an interesting story! I am excited cause this year I have more of a plot idea than last year- which ended up in my story not having much direction. I hope this year will be more productive!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Love the pics Amy- they look really nice! I agree about the makeup- not that it looked bad, but I guess cause most everyone knows you and its not really your style to wear so much. So glad you were able to get some professional portraits done- what a treat!

Laura- prayers as you continue to recover! Make sure you can take a breather between all your wife/grandmother duties :)

Cyborg gunslinger? yes please! :D (what did you think of Oswin? and how do you think she will end up as his companion?)
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 am

Whew... crazy week. Didn't mean to post just about myself last time... was trying to add another pic and then was gonna post on other people's lives then my email crashed and then I got the flu in the middle of the night. I wasn't sure I was going to survive Monday, but I did and thankfully the worst of it passed pretty quickly.

Since I was so sick Monday, I had to move my appointment with my disability lawyer to early this morning and didn't sleep well so ended up only getting like three hours of sleep. And then the meeting went horribly. I don't want to give details in public, so you can PM me if you want details, but I would appreciate prayer for the situation.

Laura, so sorry you've been in so much pain, but glad it's starting to get better. Is the numbness dissipating?

Cynthia, so glad you were brave enough to share with us. (((hugs))) Praying for your faith and wishing I had some words of massive wisdom, lol. What are you making for Christmas gifts? I was going to make my family slippers for holiday gifts this year but the pattern book I have is all messed up and I have to re-do all the patterns and sizes and it's too much of a pain, so I have no idea what I'm doing. Or maybe I should just try a different pattern book. LOL

Kara, did you already tell us what your NaNo book is about? I can't think of it at the moment if you did.

Tiara, sorry you missed the news about my party. You were invited.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 am

I managed to cobble some words together and enter the challenge.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:26 am

tonguethaid wrote:Tiara- love your banner! Sounds like an interesting story! I am excited cause this year I have more of a plot idea than last year- which ended up in my story not having much direction. I hope this year will be more productive!

haha nice me too, I think though I had more of an idea last year and the year before. I really need to sit down and figure it all out. And thanks, I like it too.

(Amy made it....not sure if she wants me saying that because of copy right)
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:28 am

Sparrow wrote:Kara, did you already tell us what your NaNo book is about? I can't think of it at the moment if you did.

Tiara, sorry you missed the news about my party. You were invited.

Yeah, I didn't read it if you did so I wanna hear what it is about and its okay Amy, I wouldn't have been able to come anyway.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

TiaraJoy's Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:36 am

Yay, Seema!!! :superhappy Doesn't it feel good to enter after a long absence?

We were busy way out of town all week and I had no time to write. Got to see my niece again and spend some quality time with my parents, and my brother & sister-in-law. Kylie was dedicated at their church on Sunday, and then we had a party at their house to celebrate. Then we drove to Spokane on Monday to meet up with Ryan's old friends from work who all bailed or didn't answer at the last minute. Literally. After we drove 4.5 hours and they had been planning the get-together for 2 months. So we drove up to the town I used to work in (the middle of nowhere) and met one of the gals he had wanted to see, who, it turns out, is the daughter of one of the nurses I had worked with at the hospital. After hanging with her a couple hours we drove to the hospital and said hi to the four people who were on, and thankfully weren't too busy to talk. They were glad to see me, but apparently the OB rooms have been shut down for a month-and-a-half and probably will be indefinitely unless business picks up. Sad to see, but so glad we made the move to CA. Otherwise I would have definitely been out of a job. We got home late Tuesday night and I slept all day Wednesday before my shift - yet another busy one and yet another C-section. Scheduled, though.

Fighting either allergies or a bit of a cold; it also could be all the smoke I inhaled from the forest fires in Eastern Washington. We even saw bits of soot floating by on the wind! Couldn't see the fires, but there was a haze and the smell of smoke through most of our trip on that side. I'm hoping some good sleep and vitamins will kick whatever I've got.

Guess everyone else is pretty busy too. Seema and Barb, we need to figure out a good day for the Fair! I work, and we have other things planned for some of the days it's open, so I'll PM you the few dates that will work for me. After blowing a lot of money this last week, we've got to tighten down the budget for awhile. I really enjoy the free entertainment at fairs - in fact, we did the Fair with my parents on Friday. They didn't have any acrobat shows, but we did watch the Mutton Busting (4-7 year-olds riding sheep like a rodeo).

Off to make some veggie burgers. I am working the next three nights so will be busy. :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler