To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Copyright issues

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: itsjoanne, Sparrow, RedBaron

traceyb3
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Copyright issues

Postby traceyb3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 am

Some of you may remember my short story "Phoebe the Fig Tree," a challenge entry I wrote a few months back. I'm currently looking into self-publishing this story after months of no success in the traditional markets. Even though the story is fictional, it is loosely based on the Parable of the Fig Tree found in Luke 13. There are no direct quotes of Scripture in the story. Still, should I reference this in the copyright information? How should I handle this? This is all pretty new to me.

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Copyright issues

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 pm

If you don't actually quote any scripture at all, you don't need to reference anything for copyright reasons. However, you probably would have a little note somewhere (at the start or end) saying it is based loosely on the parable of the fig tree in Luke 13.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

traceyb3
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Copyright issues

Postby traceyb3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks Deb! :thankssign

Return to Fiction Forum