To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Ask Questions Here About Any Contest in Progress

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Ask Questions Here About Any Contest in Progress

Postby tomoral » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Are we allowed to use pictures?
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes you can use pictures.
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Granny's Pen

Postby Granny's Pen » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi. Remember me? I'm the one that can't make links work.

I have done everything but stand on my head to get my links to work. I've copy and pasted from the list you supplied. I've gone directly to the site and copied each individual url. I've tried the Word "insert hyperlink", and I've tried Blogger's Link button. And I've done all of these multiple times.

On Facebook, they show up in preview, but not in the actual post. In Blogger, the look beautiful in the post, but they only go to an error message.

I've asked 2 different friends who know their way around a computer for help, and they weren't successful, either. How many hours should this take?

You can probably tell, I'm ready to forget it. I'm not so much frustrated, as I am tired.

:eyes
Granny's Pen

tranz4md
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby tranz4md » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:48 am

Hi everyone,

This is Wendy aka tranz4md. I want to thank Mike Edwards and Lynn Gibson for posting on the forum my website The King's Tranz4md Scribe. I would like to invite anyone who is still looking for an alternate website to post their contest articles to The Trinity Forum.

Feel free to link to your blogspot, profile page, article page etc. I hope this helps those of you who haven't found alternate sites yet. It will also help me to generate back links to the site to increase the trust Google bots place in my site.

Thanks everyone and God be with you all as you write 'as unto the Lord!'

~God bless!

tranz4md
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby tranz4md » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

This may not be the correct forum to post this VERY IMPORTANT message in but since many FW's are coming here to enter the latest blogging contest I felt this was a good place for it to be seen.

Mike maybe you can post it in a better place but I just have to let you all know of this website I found yesterday.

The way God works in our lives is so mind-blowing, it gives me goosebumps! About two months ago my mother and I had a conversation about the upcoming presidential election and I was saying neither candidate supports the doctrine of God and my mom said, "Well, I think we should all just write the name of Jesus on our ballot!" I said, "yeah that's an idea."

Yesterday as I was drafting my daily blog post to give attribution to the speaker of an audio message I intended to place in my blog post I found Bill Keller's website http://www.votingforjesus.com.

This is awesome! Please everyone take a look at this page and read it in its entirety and then pass it along to all your friends and family, church members, pastors, email contacts, facebook, twitter and forum connections.

I feel this is a very important message and it is an opportunity to stand for our Savior and cast our vote for Jesus in this upcoming election!!

~God bless you all!
Last edited by tranz4md on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tranz4md
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby tranz4md » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Granny's Pen wrote:Hi. Remember me? I'm the one that can't make links work.

I have done everything but stand on my head to get my links to work. I've copy and pasted from the list you supplied. I've gone directly to the site and copied each individual url. I've tried the Word "insert hyperlink", and I've tried Blogger's Link button. And I've done all of these multiple times.

On Facebook, they show up in preview, but not in the actual post. In Blogger, the look beautiful in the post, but they only go to an error message.

I've asked 2 different friends who know their way around a computer for help, and they weren't successful, either. How many hours should this take?

You can probably tell, I'm ready to forget it. I'm not so much frustrated, as I am tired.

:eyes

Hi Granny's Pen,

I love the eyes! Too cute! Here is the way to make the links work in this forum.
[url=website address goes here]words to use goes here[/url]
So in order for you to see this without it turning into a link i will place it here in two parts with a space between www. and water4.org
[url=www. water4.org]
Now right after that with no space place the words you want hyperlinked and then the closing bracket like this:
clean water[/url] If you do it correctly it should look like this:
clean water

There should be no spaces as you use this formula I only put the space in the web address so it would show you the example instead of showing you the link itself.

Facebook, I'm not sure about but in Blogger it's not hard. Say this is your sentence and you want to hyperlink this word to a website well just highlight this word and then click the word link above your text box and a new box opens then type your website address in there and click ok. You also have the option of the website opening in a new window but you must click that option.

~God bless! I hope this helps and you figure it out!

kelley
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

member id#?

Postby kelley » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 am

Umm, I feel a little silly, but I can't find my member id#...where do I find it? I wanted to post an entry on the Blog Contest but want to follow all the directions! Can you help me?? :thankssign

itsjoanne

Re: member id#?

Postby itsjoanne » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 am

Kelley - if you go to your FaithWriters profile (the one at the main site), the digits at the end of the url are it.

For instance, url for my profile is http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=21457

My member ID # is 21457.
Hope that helps!

kelley wrote:Umm, I feel a little silly, but I can't find my member id#...where do I find it? I wanted to post an entry on the Blog Contest but want to follow all the directions! Can you help me?? :thankssign

kelley
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby kelley » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 am

Yea! Thank you so much! I knew it had to be something simple, I just couldn't figure out what that simple thing might be. I appreciate the quick reply! :D

Granny's Pen

Postby Granny's Pen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am

My article was posted weeks ago, and within one day, I realised I hadn't included my ID #. I guess you can't go back into these to change anything, because I wasn't given that option. Too bad, because I liked my story. Oh well.
Granny's Pen

itsjoanne

Postby itsjoanne » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:41 am

Granny's Pen wrote:My article was posted weeks ago, and within one day, I realised I hadn't included my ID #. I guess you can't go back into these to change anything, because I wasn't given that option. Too bad, because I liked my story. Oh well.

You should be able to go back. Where is it posted? I can try to help you edit/fix it if you want. Ask here, or PM me - k?

Granny's Pen

Postby Granny's Pen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks, Joann. Your offer to help sent me back to look at my article. The edit option was now available, and the # is added. I'm good to go now. Thanks.
Granny's Pen

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Hey Mike

Is the deadline for dying for water still 9-17-12? just wondering
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

helen1975
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby helen1975 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:51 am

Hi,

This is more of a comment than a question.

I found this last blogging contest so very hard to enter. I left it until the last minute; I think because I knew I would find it hard to write. I know, the 'end result' is positive; but reading the 'facts' to base my entry on saw me cry many a tear. In fact, if it wasn't for the end result - people being saved, physically and spiritually, through others being led to sponsor a well, or part of one - I would have admitted defeat.

I guess I just wanted to say well done to everyone who did enter this contest. It wasn't easy.

Now, let's all pray that the Lord will bless and multiply the messages we have put forth, for the sake of the people who so desperately need this.

Blessings,

Helen.

benjity2
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby benjity2 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Can you tell me when the next contest will begin?

PreviousNext

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities