To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

UK Cooler Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Colswann1
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

UK Cooler Stop

Postby Colswann1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 am

We here in the UK are having a good Olympics - 3rd in the medal tables. Being just a small island that you could put into the corner of just one of the states in USA and get completely lost in China, the two countries above us on the medal tables, that ain't so bad, hey?.

How's that for a little country making a big impression. Oh dear, I sound very patriotic - mmm then I suppose most of us are. Do you think it's right to be patriotic? I've been cheering like mad for our guys and gals - but I do love other nationalities and their countries, just so long as they don't beat our Olympians. :lol:
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

JesusPuppy

Re: UK Cooler Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am

The UK can have my metals, I am not that much of a parot. :wink: Besides you all have Doctor Who. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Kiwigirl

Postby Kiwigirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Hey, Colin! I am so proud of the UK, and NZ, and Australia .... we are amazing!

Is this going to be the official UK thread in the Water Cooler? I would love to talk with you guys in here, but you'll still keep posting in the other threads in the forum, eh?

ThreeDee

Postby ThreeDee » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 pm

We cheer for the Brits in our house, even when they do beat the Canadians :)

Andrew Murray is our fav, and although my SIL suspects that Federer gave the gold to our great Scot, it continues to shine brightly.

Patriotism is okay in my books. I feel very, very blessed to live where I live, to be part of such an amazing group of nations called the Commonwealth and to have such fantastic neighbours (hey there, you Americans!) But I often find myself gravitating toward stories of Olympians from other nations, or from varying cultures. It's intriguing.
With His Love,
Di

you can find me on my prickly blog Thistle N That at http://www.dianadart.com

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:11 am

Kiwigirl wrote:Is this going to be the official UK thread in the Water Cooler?

I'm not sure it would get enough support - maybe a Commonwealth and rest of the world might but I have my doubts even though the USA keep two mustering stations going.

We foreigners in here are well out numbered by the USA writers and I suppose it's only right they want to meet up with their kind, and it's nice when they spare us others a little of their time in other thread sections. But I realise that the site is, and has always been, USA owned and they have graciously let us foreigners use it, of which I am very thankful.
Colin Swann

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:45 am

And we are glad to have you Colin. They used to have a few others from your part of the world, and there are some that have lived there and moved on, but... yes you seem to be our "token" UK resident. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Kiwigirl

Postby Kiwigirl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Colswann1 wrote:We foreigners in here are well out numbered by the USA writers and I suppose it's only right they want to meet up with their kind, and it's nice when they spare us others a little of their time in other thread sections. But I realise that the site is, and has always been, USA owned and they have graciously let us foreigners use it, of which I am very thankful.

Amen.

When I come to Britain I shall look you up and we'll have a Commonwealth Writers' Conference. :wink: All other subjects of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, are welcome!

Man, wouldn't that be a hoot!

Kiwigirl

Postby Kiwigirl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:10 pm

ThreeDee, one of my friends got immensely excited last weekend because there was an Australian, a New Zealander, and a Brit receiving the Gold/Silver/Bronze for whatever event it was ... he's Australian, his girlfriend's British, and his mother is a NZ'er, and since they were all together at that moment it seemed fitting of excessive excitement.

I love watching the Jamaicans (etc) run. They are beautiful.

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Would you welcome an English wanna be? :lol: :roll:

I have a lot of British heritage, and just find that I have a lot more in common with England than the US.

Pratriotism is a weird thing for me- although I am American I haven't lived in America for a long time and at one point I absolutely loathed everything American. Now I realize that there are good and bad things wherever you are and while I am not necessarily patriotic I am no longer bitter. Still think I should have been born English though :heehee
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Kiwigirl

Postby Kiwigirl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Of course we'll welcome a wannabe! I'm a wannabe too, ha ha.

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:05 am

JesusPuppy wrote:And we are glad to have you Colin.

Thanks Pup!!
Kiwigirl wrote:When I come to Britain I shall look you up and we'll have a

Commonwealth Writers' Conference. :wink: All other subjects of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, are welcome!
Man, wouldn't that be a hoot!

Christine, it would not be a hoot! More like hard work (ask Deb) - but Gill's a good cook if you call.

ThreeDee wrote:Andrew Murray is our fav, and although my SIL suspects that Federer gave the gold to our great Scot, it continues to shine brightly.

Di, I earmarked Andy Murray as the world's best in my article on 'Australia' way back when that was the topic and before he'd made it - watch this space!

tonguethaid wrote:Would you welcome an English wanna be?

Kara, any Britisher with a bit of sense would be honoured to have a lovely lady like you as part of their heritage.

Thanks guy and gals for your responses. :D
Colin Swann

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Colswann1 wrote:
tonguethaid wrote:Would you welcome an English wanna be?

Kara, any Britisher with a bit of sense would be honoured to have a lovely lady like you as part of their heritage.

Thanks guy and gals for your responses. :D

Aww :D Sweet I'm in! 8)
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Kiwigirl

Postby Kiwigirl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Colswann1 wrote:Kara, any Britisher with a bit of sense would be honoured to have a lovely lady like you as part of their heritage.

Aw. He didn't say that about me! :roll:

Colswann1

Postby Colswann1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Sos Christine, but I feel you're a very resourceful person and nice as well; and Di, like Jo, have always impressed me much! Pup, I think you are lovely too! :lol:
Colin Swann

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Ummm... well... no counting for taste, I guess.

:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

Next

Return to The Water Cooler