To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

New "old" FW Member checking out buddy system!

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Gentle1
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

New "old" FW Member checking out buddy system!

Postby Gentle1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello!

I used to enter the Challenge fairly regularly and moved up slowly from Beginners to Masters, but since I've not been writing much for a while, I think it might be good to have a Challenge Buddy at least for a bit until I "get the feel" of things again. I left just before the professional judges began rating the Challenge, and I know things are a bit different now. I'm sure some helpful encouragement, tips, and advice will be needed along the way!

Anyway, I write a mixture of non-fiction and fiction prose. I am a "middle life" married woman who has not been published before--although my first EC, from 2007 I believe, will be in the upcoming FW book! :)

If anyone is willing to be my buddy, I will greatly appreciate it!

Blessings,
Myrna

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: New "old" FW Member checking out buddy system!

Postby lauralnm » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:56 am

Check out the forum "Levels 1 and 2...we're looking for you." They are looking, I believe, unless I've missed the boat, participants to be buddies for those in levels 1 and 2. Look the post over; I think I read it correctly, but read it and you be the judge of what they're offering. :thumbs

CrissyCR
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby CrissyCR » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Hello Myrna,

My name is Cris. I also am looking for a buddy. I am a level 1. I have been off FW for awhile and just this summer came back on. I may possibly have another member who is interested in forming a temporary group with someone, but I am interested.

I just saw the new topic. I will begin brainstorming and have something soon. I am leaving out of town Tuesday so I do want to submit before then. Let me know if you are interested.

Blessings,
Cris
"In serving the Lord, it is best to have a heart with actions, then actions without a heart."

Gentle1
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Gentle1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Cris and Laural!

Thank you both for responding to my post! :)

The reason I didn't respond to the Levels 1 & 2 buddy request thread is that I thought they wanted it primarily limited to those groups, and I'm at level 4.

I wouldn't mind having a couple challenge buddies: one in the lower levels and one in the upper.

Blessings,
Myrna

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups