To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Thanks to My Special Helper

Information and announcements about new Mixed Blessings Anthologies which are a compilation of the Editors' Choice winning Writing Challenge entries.

Moderator: Deb Porter

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Thanks to My Special Helper

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 pm

I just want to give a quick shout out to my very special daughter-in-law, Tamar, who has been helping me (when she can) with preparations for the books. She has been doing all the really time-consuming, but necessary, things (like copying articles to Word, making lists of authors and entries, emails, etc.) which has freed me up to do other things.

So if you are an author in line to be published in one of the books, you may at some time receive an email from Tamar.

I'm so thankful for all her help.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

RedBaron

Re: Thanks to My Special Helper

Postby RedBaron » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 pm

That's awesome!

BTW - I knew the wedding was coming up, but I somehow missed seeing pictures...... (hint hint). :D
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 pm

It was last October, and she was a beautiful bride. It was a lovely day (even though it was wet and cold). LOL.

As for photos ... I haven't seen the real ones myself yet. They are supposedly on a disc somewhere (I think). Matt said not to look at the ones the Photographer put up, but to wait until he brought the "real" ones for me to see. Still waiting.

:lol:

Here you go. This is on the Photographer's site. They are beautiful. I laughed when I saw they even took one of Tamar in ugg boots. She was sinking into the wet ground when they took the outdoor photos, so her bridesmaid had a pair of ugg boots in the car and grabbed them for Tay. You couldn't see them in the photos, but apparently she pulled the dress up for a photo op.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 012&type=3

Love, Deb

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:42 am

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like a wonderful wedding and a beautiful couple :)

That's really cute about the boots.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

lish1936
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby lish1936 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:09 am

:typing2 Lovely pictures, Deb. I also became a mother-in-law last October. :D

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:19 pm

Huh? What am I missing?

Lillian

Fortunate 500

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm

LOL ... you aren't missing anything, Lillian. Just a spammer. They use old threads to slip in and post links. The belief is that no one will notice, and the link will be left there (adding to the site's popularity in search engine rankings). This one is going bye-bye, though.

Love, Deb

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Hilarious, Deb. I sort of thought this was a spammer, but I was reluctant to report it. Next time, I won't hesitate, even if I'm wrong. Good thing you were on top of it.

Don't know how you do it. I've stopped taking my hat off to you. It's stay off. :D

Blessings,

Lillian

Fortunate 500

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:04 am

Yeah, sometimes spammers are creative. They'll pick up on a few key words for the thread, include it in the post, but it makes no sense in context at all. When in doubt, it's ok to click the little triangle button, even if there isn't a link. They'll often put the link in their sig or profile, after the post has been there, hoping it'll slip under the radar.

lish1936 wrote:Hilarious, Deb. I sort of thought this was a spammer, but I was reluctant to report it. Next time, I won't hesitate, even if I'm wrong. Good thing you were on top of it.

Don't know how you do it. I've stopped taking my hat off to you. It's stay off. :D

Blessings,

Lillian
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Return to Challenge Books - Mixed Blessings