To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

#1 Invitation to Accept Jesus blog WINNERS

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

lookinup
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Use 90% more of my brain - how?

Postby lookinup » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Have you ever wondered why we only use 10% of our brains?

There was a time we used 100% of our intellect. This was when we were hooked up, or plugged in like a lamp into an electrical socket, into God. Like a golden umbilical chord provides nourishment between an unborn baby and its mother, we were sustained body, soul and spirit.

Because we weren’t created to be robots, but rather intelligent creatures with free choice, the first humans created by this Magnificent Higher Power chose to turn away to do their own thing. A death curse entered the universe.

The life-giving umbilical chord between God and man was broken. The light in us became darkness. Disconnected, we explored the universe. Like a huge playground, we received the opportunity to live out our existence here on earth by our own dictates. Death, disease, and suffering entered.

A man named Abraham searched for the real God with all his heart. As a result, God promised to send a rescuer so we could be delivered from the darkness in us, to bring back the light. Over four hundred years later, Moses came to deliver a perfect law to show us how far we’ve moved from God, that we can never arrive at perfection by our own efforts. He also showed us how the blood of a perfect unblemished animal, sacrificed by a person with a pure seeking heart, could wash the death curse away temporarily.

One day a young innocent girl, a virgin named Mary, had an angelic visitation. She was told of being visited by God, of being impregnated with His Son. From there, the mystery of the ages began to reveal itself as prophecy after prophecy from the Old Testament about this coming Rescuer/Illuminator sent from God was fulfilled. The Child, Jesus, was born. (Isaiah 9:6,7 in the Old Testament)

Raised by Mary and Joseph, He grew to be a man and began telling people about a coming New Kingdom. Because Jesus’ nature was of divine origin, He escaped the corruption and depravity that the Earth. He lived a perfect life, helped many find God, and then chose to pay the terrible penalty of death that mankind deserved for turning away from God. He died a gruesome punishment nailed to a tree, as an innocent man, to restore for us what we could never accomplish on our own. (1 Peter 3:18)

In Ephesians 2:8, and 9, the Bible explains it simply. Like an unearned gift unwrapped at Christmas, we must simply accept without trying to earn it. Then, we must turn away from our own way of doing things, and together with our new Father, learn new ways. The Bible is the roadmap of life, supplying all the direction we need.

Mankind was once a team, with God, and each other. God, in Jesus, has restored that reality. All you have to do is take the first step. Ask, receive, and walk with God.

http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=42821

KatieScarlet
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: #1 Invitation to Accept Jesus Blog

Postby KatieScarlet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:44 am

The Final Supreme Act

BREAKING NEWS: Jesus is not a curse word!

Neither is he a piece of stained glass, a myth, or just one of many philosophers in ancient history. He is real. He is alive. He is the SON OF GOD.

My grandmother was never embarrassed to share Jesus Christ with anyone who would listen. I grew up knowing about Him. For some unfathomable reason, I convinced myself that since I sincerely believed He was who He said He was, that I was a Christian. Not true!

James 2:19 (NKJV)
You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble!

So, even the most evil entities in the universe acknowledge that Jesus came to earth, died for OUR sins, was crucified, buried, and then rose from the grave.

We can know facts about a person, say George Washington, but that doesn't mean we ever sat under an old apple tree and chatted with him while Martha baked his favorite pie. KNOWING about someone is not the same as knowing him.

The kind of pseudo-theology that shows up in movies, even old favorite ones, tends to blatantly compromise the truth. Those re-written scripts of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit need to get derailed and plunge down a treacherous ravine and burst into flames.

When we die, we do NOT become angels...ever. Many times a character tries to give comfort to a grief stricken person by spouting something about the deceased winning his wings. My point is, if mankind is so easily taught the WRONG thing about death, how are we going to learn the truth about who Jesus is?

As a nurse, I have seen many patients take that last breath on earth. Every time I witnessed the one drama in which we are all destined to star, I had more questions than answers. All the goofy Hollywood misinformation, mixed with a dollop or two of what I had been taught as a child, created a thirst to find the truth.

Now, from a lifetime of experience and absolute first hand knowledge, I can say unequivocally, "Yes, Virginia, there IS a Jesus!"

He is the ONLY key to the gates of Heaven.

Not one person escapes the death scene. Bodies die, but the spirit will live forever...somewhere. There is no way God can let us slide into a perfect Heaven if we're covered in the world's sewage. The good news is, we have a get-out-of-hell-free ticket: Jesus.

He took on the Sins of the world. He received our punishment. He paid the price for us. Is it too simple to just repent and accept that amazing gift? The only thing, dear friends (and you know this deep in your hearts), TIME IS RUNNING OUT.

Once you meet Him in person, not just learn about him, or walk an aisle, or say some words, you will be so excited to find out He is REAL. HE is ALIVE. He loves you.
_____

http://www.faithwriters.com/
http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

ginacra
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby ginacra » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:37 am

New Life

Another day has arrived and the painful memories are still alive. They are creating a cloud of sadness for you. You want to be free from them. They seem to sneak in and steal your joy.

There will be memories that will be with you and will fade over healing time. We cannot change our past. We can grow and move on to a brighter future.

God will step into the memory of our life in order to bring us to a place of humbleness to know Him. This gives Him the place to heal that part of our heart and life that we so long for, although at times we struggle against. This is the path where true healing begins.

God is gently guiding you in your journey of life. Give Him that time to work it all out, restore and heal the brokenness. He is the Author of new life. He loves you with an eternal love. He has great things for you that He had planned before you were born. He knows everything about you and knew every detail about your life before He created you.

Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you a prophet to the nations.”

Will you let Jesus free you? God gave the gift of Jesus to give us eternal life and to set us free from our past and our sins. Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice on the cross so you and I may live. At the cross, your sins have been forgiven and you have been set free. You are a beautiful masterpiece of unique design touched by His hand. Now is the day for new life and new love. Will you take the first step to invite Jesus into your heart and embrace His love for you? You will find that your eyes and your understanding will transform to see the beauty of His love and His new gift of life within you.

Say this simple prayer.

Come into my life Jesus, I long to be like you. Come into my heart Jesus, cleanse me from all sin, mold me and make me brand new. Guide my steps and show me your light. As I walk life’s path, lead me always to live right. I have been away so long going my own way, living my life apart from you. I thank you Jesus that your love has brought me a new day.

Now your light has broken forth, diminished the darkness of the past, a new breath of life has fallen upon me, in you I have found my worth. Thank you Jesus for new life!

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come, the old has gone, the new is here!

Take a look here to know more about Jesus and His love for you. Please visit the links provided:
<a href="http://www.faithwriters.com">FaithWriters</a>
<a href="http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/">Learn More About Jesus</a>

thelightofinnocence10
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby thelightofinnocence10 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:39 am

Redemption from not knowing the Son of God

Many are afraid to believe that God exists. They have heard of Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, and etcetera but have not been convinced of whom to worship as the Son of God. Modelling a life after that, which was taught to them, may not have accomplished much in their lives while others who have attempted such a life have found success. Some live superstitiously, while others live as to their belief.

The life we have is precious and for that reason we are protecting it but what reward is there for living? Only God has the answer and he has revealed it to us. The Kingdom of God is in one’s belief but the challenge is who to believe. Whom do you believe is the Son of God and why? Those who are truly searching for his revelation will find it by comparing all the answers from religions with that of Jesus. That has not been my challenge because I have always believed and accepted Jesus as the only Son of God. This is your invitation to do the same and gain knowledge in God’s revelation. Without the Holy Bible, who would know the reason we exist and why life continues? I have not heard any testament that has matched the Testament of Jesus, whether it is his Old or New Testament.

Those who have found the truth must accept it to live an accomplished life. Knowledge is power; imagine the power we will have after we have obtained such knowledge. Good knowledge is a gospel that helps everyone to realize the true Son of God and accept his name. http://http://www.outskirtspress.com/thelightofinnocence/ is one book that has dealt with the hidden truth on Christian living; many are comparing it with other books that deal with Christian living and with religions. At present, I am celebrating my redemption from not knowing Jesus and am sending out this invitation asking for all to join our team at http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/ and http://www.faithwriters.com as we search for the Kingdom of God and his approval to find it.

Knowledge on the Son of God is not given to us supernaturally; we need only to follow after we have observed the appropriate direction. An appropriate Testament must come from God. God inspiration has made his apostles the authors of his Word. He gave them the true name of his Son, Jesus who proved to the world that life exists eternally.
Book: The Light of Innocence

E-mail: cm70@faithwriters.net

Book Trailer @ youtube:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeHwUldIR_o

Previous

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities