To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

#1 Invitation to Accept Jesus blog WINNERS

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

poppydog
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: #1 Invitation to Accept Jesus Blog

Postby poppydog » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 am

The Year of the Jubilee by heather Benn

In England we are celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee,
on Sundaytheir was a pageant on the Thames river. A Flotilla of a thousand boats sailed down the river the Queen's Entourage were on a ornately decorated barge. Unfortunately the weather was not kind, but it was still a memorable event which should have ended with afly pass, but it was cancelled due to the inclimate weather, but everyone will remember it with fond memories. Their were various other festivities over the weekend. But I just thought how do we celibrate Jesus the greatest king ever.

This got me thinking of the year of the Jubilee in the Bible- Leviticus ch25 v10 which speaks of the year if release from debts you are not to cheat one another for I am Yahweh your God and you are to fear me then you will be truly blessed, your harvests will be plentiful and you will live securely in the land. The word debts now refers to our sins being forgiven, has in the Lords Prayer.

God his showing his people in these days that we are in the year of the jubilee, but in God a year is an indeterminate time but at this time the difference in good and evil will be greater. Just look at the times in which we are living, the television showing us the depravity that's in the world. Each day we see new evil from mankind, we wonder how can man be so cruel. However, in Gods church there are more people turning to him than at any time in history. So good and evil lives together till the time of the second coming of Christ.

Yesterday I was at the local sea rowing club for a boat launch, and naming ceremony. They were naming the boat after someone who died at a young age from a heart attack, as they launched the boat the sea was quite choppy and the rower had trouble jumping in and showing it off, everyone cheered as he brought it safely to shore. Salvation is getting in the boat with Jesus. He will see us through life's storms and bring us safely to the ultimate shore. His boat his full of peace and fulfillment. God never meant anyone to be lost. He sent Jesus so that we all could be rescued and live the abundant life he has planned for each one of us, and eventually spend eternity with him. I just ask you today to think about your life and where its going, if you choose Jesus I can assure you you'll never regret it.

So please check our web sites, you will find more articles and help to start your Christian life
God bless you and thankyou for reading.
http:/faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com
http:faithwriter.com

Granny's Pen
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Granny's Pen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Are you like me?

Well, I realize you probably adore both tomatoes and strawberries. I’m probably the only person who ever lived who detests both of them. What I was really thinking of is the way in which you manage the hard things of life.

I’ve been told that everybody faces challenges at times. I can only speak for myself, but problems have been a consistent … well … problem for me. Some are more of an annoyance than anything else, but others are more serious. They cause issues. They linger … too long. I find I must go to a lot of trouble to find solutions for them.

And then there are times I am confronted with situations that just don’t seem to have answers. They stop me in my tracks, then they knock my legs out from under me. These kinds of problems can produce feelings of devastation, despair, hopelessness, and helplessness that can all be overwhelming. I’ve been there more than once. I know what it’s like to physically feel my spirit being pulled down into an abyss. I know what it’s like to have no joy left in me. I know what it’s like to wonder if I will survive.

Have you been there? Are you there now? Well, I’m here to tell you, you can survive.

I can say that because I have survived! The reason is that I have a Savior who walks beside me, whatever I must face. Every step I take, He takes, too. When I have no more strength for the next step, He gently picks me up and carries me to where I need to be.

My Savior’s name is Jesus. He died for you, just like he died for me. He wants to see you through your trials, just as He’s seen me through mine. He loves you, just as much as He loves me.

My life isn’t over yet, and I’m certain there are more trials ahead for me, but I know I won’t be facing them alone. Jesus will be there. And when my life does come to an end, I know that my eternity with Jesus is sure.

Yours can be, too, for His invitation is open. If you know you are ready to accept Jesus as your Savior, follow this link:

http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

Perhaps people have been throwing religion at you all your life, and you’re tired of hearing words like salvation, repentance, forgiveness, even Bible. They could still become precious words to you, but for now, if you want to know more about all of this before you make a decision, try going to this link. It will provide an abundance of articles that may help you:

http://www.faithwriters.com/article.php?id=6

If you’re anything like me, you’ll be eternally grateful you made the right decision.
Granny's Pen

hebrews412
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby hebrews412 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am

What matters to you most, is it your clothes, keeping up with the latest trend,friends being a people pleaser,car, man how many times a week is it washed.Oh! no I have it money, we all need it, but those it have you instead of you having it.I am 52 yrs old, and I can tell you the Bible is right there is nothing new under the sun.Drugs, Alcohol,Clothes, the works, I've did it all. After years of alcohol and drug abuse, I checked into Odyess House Of Louisiana, I was more of a bing drinker and drug user, kept a job but couldn't get loose from those drugs and alcohol.

I finished the program in fifteen months, started working and remained sober. Yet something was missing, In 1993 or some where around there I was invited to Church by a nurse on my job, she saw i was having trouble with a the girlfriend of mine. She came to my job and gave me the once over,few months later i accepetd Christ and haven't looked back. II Peter 3v9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promises; but is longsuffering to us- ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (IT's A Matter Of The Heart'' II Peter3v9; John3v16)

I was pershing fast, and GOD stepped in and pulled me back, I'M not saying it has been a bed of roses, know this everything I have had to face good and bad I know without a doubt he was there with me. Because he said he would never leave me nor forsake me, and he is no respecter of person, He did it for me and he will do the same for you.

dbschon
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby dbschon » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Tipping the Scale
The other day the conversation with a coworker turned to the shortness of life, how the older we get the faster time seems to fly by. I posed the question, “So, what’s your plan when this life is done? Are you going to get one of those mansions that the Lord said he is preparing?” My friend’s response was typical. He was banking on the scale tipping in his favor with the good he has done counterbalancing the bad. Is that how it works? If that would fly in traffic court, you could tell the judge, “Yes Your Honor, I was speeding, but the day before I drove that section of highway below the speed limit. Does my good outweigh my bad?” The judge will have a simple answer, “Guilty, pay the fine.”
God is holy and just. People are sinful. Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) This sin condition is our nature. Since Adam and Eve chose to disobey God, we are all born sinners. God cannot look upon sin. “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden His face from you, so that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2) People try many ways to bridge this separation between God and mankind. We try good works, religion, morality, etc. but nothing can get us across to God’s holiness except for one thing; the cross. Jesus Christ took our place on that cross; he bore our sins so that His Heavenly Father could not look upon Him. He suffered that separation so that we may be justified. 1 Peter 3:18 tells us “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.”
We have a choice to make. We can choose to cross the bridge that Jesus has offered us or reject Him. Jesus said in Revelation 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.” Jesus has offered you a free gift. In order to enjoy a gift, you need to accept it. Pray to the Lord and admit your sinfulness. Ask for forgiveness. Believe that Christ died for your sins and rose from the dead. Repent, turn away from your sins and invite Jesus Christ into your heart and life. If you pray this prayer and trust and follow Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you can truly rejoice in Ephesians 2:8, 9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
For more information go to http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/ or http://www.faithwriters.com/

yahuliani
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby yahuliani » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:20 pm

“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).

Father's Day

With the growth of evolutionary thought and its alternative worldview of faith, millions have lost their connection with the Creator of the Universe. The visible realities of creation - a sunset, a snow-covered mountain peak, or a grainfield swaying in a breeze - no longer brings a human soul to the feet of the Holy One who made these things. Created from the dust of the earth and given the breath of life, mankind has lost his way to the One who made him - his Father.

Fathers are very important. They give a child a name and identity. They give a child protection and provide for their needs. They give a child rules for life and wisdom from experience. Above all, they love their child to the point of death.

Yet, children can be rebellious against their fathers. They can challenge the authority of their father. They can reject the wisdom of their father. They can disobey their father’s rules. They can even leave behind their family home and lose their inheritance.

When a child rebels, a great breech grows between the father and the child. Though the father still loves the child and desires a relationship with the child, it is the child who must have the change of heart.

Forgiveness and repentance are important aspects in the restoration of a relationship between a father and a child. While a father must forgive his child for acts of rebellion; a child must willingly repent of his rebellion and return to the ways of the father.

For many, fathers have been less than excellent examples of wisdom, provision, and protection. Non-existent, deadbeat fathers and fathers who neglect rather than provide and protect are everywhere. These difficult situations make the thought of a loving, caring, Father who knows what’s best for us seem foolish and far-fetched. We would rather be adopted!

That is what God, our Creator does. He adopts us into his family, into his kingdom.

“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world.... In love he predestined us to be ADOPTED as his sons through Yeshua the Messiah...” (Ephesians 1:4-6).

With only a repentant heart, we can come to a Father who is ready to forgive our rebellion and adopt us into His family. A Father who gives us His name, a family and an inheritance. He even made a Way for us to enter to His Kingdom through faith in the life, death, and resurrection of His Son, the Messiah of Israel, the salvation of the world, Yeshua. All you have to do is ask. "For everyone who asks receives” entrance into the Kingdom of God (Matthew 7:8).

“Yeshua answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).

http://www.faithwriters.com
http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com
http://tentstakeministries.net/what-we-believe/
Last edited by yahuliani on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yahuliani
One of the nations grafted into the Olive Tree of Israel, the apple of His eye. (Romans 11, Zechariah 2:8).

jodybooks
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby jodybooks » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Alien Invitation

Aliens walk among us. Some think that they walk around in earth clothes, with earth jobs, and with earth families.

Take me for instance. I am not of this world. Oh, I was born here, and I look like a human female. I have kids, a husband and a job, but I am eternally connected to the heavens. I live in this world, but this world is not my home. I am an alien.

Life on earth was a big disappointment for me. Lonely, hurt, disillusioned and depressed, I searched for peace.

I learned that God created the heavens and the earth and its inhabitants. You’ve heard of Adam and Eve. God gave them complete freedom and only one rule. They broke it. That’s when sin came into the world and everyone born on earth inherited the consequence – separation from God.

Sin. That was a problem, because I was full of it. A huge gap stood between me and peace.
The Creator solved the problem himself. He came here, born of a virgin, grew up and then taught all those around him about himself. He died to pay for my sins. He made a way for me to live with Him forever. The amazing thing is that I didn’t have to do anything except believe Him and ask him into my heart. He took away all the sin, everything that separated me from him. Now I belong to Him.

You may recognize that I’m talking about God, Jesus Christ, and the Bible. Those who belong to Christ are no longer of this world, but children of the King of Kings. We have a hope and a future and we can live in this life, not without troubles, but with peace, direction and a future everlasting home in heaven with God.

This is my alien invitation. Agree with God that you are a sinner. Pray and ask Him to forgive your sins and to come into your heart. You will feel like anything but an alien, because His love will come into your life and He will never leave you. You will then be in this world, but not of this world.

Please take the time to look at the websites below for more information. God Bless You and I’d love to welcome you to the family of Believers.

http://www.faithwriters.com/
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet."

Rgingery
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Rgingery » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:21 am

Completely Satisfied
By Renee Gingery

A few weeks ago I was logging on to my new computer for the first time. After typing in my password, I quickly became frustrated at how long it took to load the main menu. Trying to wait patiently, my stress level began to grow and my acceptance to my new computer had already begun to decline. I grumbled to myself “The old one didn’t take this long”. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I was able to connect myself to the world again. As I opened up my browser, I started to think back to the time when all I had was dial-up to connect to the Internet and how many loads of laundry I was able to do before the page even loaded. While thinking back, I realized that in just a short amount of time and without my knowledge, my expectations of how long I am willing to wait so that my own needs are met had changed.

In this high demanding and instant response world, we quickly dismiss something when our needs are not met because our willingness to wait is almost non-existent. We want to be satisfied now, and if our needs are not met, we move on to something else until we find that one thing that will satisfy our immediate need. However, if you really think about it,our needs are never truly met because the satisfaction we gain is only temporary. There is always something that we want.

What an exhausting process we have to go through. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the process could be stopped and that we could be forever satisfied beyond our own expectations? The exciting news is that it is possible because 2,000 years ago God sent His only son named Jesus to fulfill His promise so that we can be satisfied in Him and Him alone not our own material wants but our real needs such as food, shelter, clothing, fellowship, love, and eternal life which is only possible through Jesus Christ.

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19).

Are you tired of always trying to find something that will fill you up? A bigger house, the latest phone, a faster computer, the perfect man or woman, the list goes on and on, but the truth is this, nothing but Jesus will ever satisfy you. Jesus said that whoever drinks the water that He gives them, they will never thirst. Instead the water that Jesus gives will become a spring of water welling up to eternal life. (John 4:14).

I invite you today to allow Jesus to be the one to satisfy your every needs. Confess to Him all of your sins so that He may give you a new heart. One that is whole and complete. For we are all sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23), but God’s grace is sufficient for everyone (2 Corinthians 12:9). Asking Jesus Christ to be the one to fill you up is a life altering decision that you will never regret. Jesus loves you so much that He was willing to give up His own life so that you could live eternally with Him. Come to Him today. Allow Him to place in you a spring of water that wells up to eternal life.

For more information on how to start a new life in Jesus go to http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/.

or visit our home site at http://www.faithwriters.com

Author’s website:http://writingbyfaith.weebly.com/
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."(Jeremiah 29:11)

Hope
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Hope » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:53 am

Drunken Man Receives Miracle of God
When I got the invitation to accept Jesus, my LORD and Savior it did not come in the mail inviting me. Neither did the phone ring to invite me. I was in a little old church made from an abandoned store. The church people all did the work of remodeling like taking out the walk-in freezer, putting up ceiling, paneling walls after they had been repaired and only had two class rooms one the sanctuary and the smallest group met in the storage room . Sounds pitiful, but we all loved one another and we always being invited for one reason or another.
My invitation came on Sunday morning when we were having a mini revival. I was sitting in one of the pews and for the life of me, I do not remember the walk from the pew to the altar. I do remember crying my heart out because I could not believe a King who lived and died for me to be saved and my sins washed away. A King loved and gave his life for mine had made me cry not out of sorrow but oiut of gratitude. Everyone was so happy for me, they were all hugging me and congratulating me aqbout my new birthright and life.
From that day on, I wanted everyone to be an heir to the Throne of God. I would read the Bible when I was supposed to be sleeping, I worked on the 11-7 shift at the local hospital. I had done some rotten things in my life and yet here I am loved like never before. My co-workers could not believe my change in my thoughts, speech, dress, my actions and how I talked about the Lord with so much love and tears. I guess you could call me a modern day Jeremiah, the weeping prophet.
On the way to a nursing home Bible Study, I saw a man stumble and fall over the curb and sidewalk, and he simply lay there muttering. I could not understand his words. I stopped my car and went over to him and realized he was drunk. I still wanted him saved and gave him the invitation to accept Christ as his Lord and Savior. He prayed the sinner’s prayer of faith and when he stool up, he was sober. He was praising the Lord for
His forgiveness.
When I returned to my car, it was still generating and even though it was a gas guzzler, I had more gas in the tank than when I left home and picked up a couple of people. I knew that the Lord paid me for my caring and giving the word to this man. I felt like I was flying in the clouds of Mercy. I had only been a vessel of honor and God’s mouth piece when He spoke I opened my mouth.
Don’t you want God to speak to you and make you a miracle? Please do not go by feelings. You need to only be willing to accept Jesus, confess Him with your Mouth and believe within your heart that you sincerely need salvation.
Please pray
Jesus, I need You to take care of my life and make me a new creature and refresh my spirit as I accept your gift of Eternal Life. Come and make we whole from within and without my heart as You was away all my wrong. I am asking in You Holy name. amen

1) <a href="http://www.faithwriters.com">FaithWriters</a>
2) <a href="http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/">Learn More About Jesus</a>
2) http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

lisajohn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby lisajohn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 am

The Gospel is For You

What is the gospel? It sounds like such an old fashioned word. Does it have any meaning for us today? Yes, the gospel means everything. The gospel is the answer to our biggest need. Have you ever considered what your biggest need is? You may have thought your biggest need is a job, or a home, or maybe a good school for your kids. There is a much deeper need that that only the gospel can answer.

God’s character is an important aspect we all need to understand. God is holy, which means he is perfect in every way. We can often think of God in terms of our own attributes, but that is a grave mistake. God is holy and he is righteous always knowing the right thing to do and fulfilling it perfectly. God is the Creator of all. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1 ESV) We owe our very existence to Him. Nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.(Acts 17:25 ESV) We were created to worship this incredible God.You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.(Matthew 4:10 ESV)

The bad news is that we have sinned against this holy and righteous God. Exodus 20 gives us a small list of God’s commandments that we have all broken. Let’s look at just a few of these laws. Have you ever told a lie or stolen anything no matter the value of it? Have you ever taken God’s name in vain? Have you ever looked with lust? Jesus said you have committed adultery in your heart. Have you ever hated anyone? Jesus said you have committed murder in your heart. Have you always kept the Sabbath and honored your parents? Because of these sins we have earned death. For the wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23 ESV)

Now for the good news, that is the gospel. God does not want to leave us in our sins. Because he is righteous he must be just and punish us for our sins, but he longs to show mercy. This created a great dilemma that God foresaw and provided a way to satisfy justice and also show mercy. Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.(1 Corinthians 15:3-4 ESV) When Jesus died on the cross he was paying the penalty that we deserved.

What should be our response to such a magnificent provision for us? First we must believe in Jesus; everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name. (Acts 10:43) Secondly we must repent; they should repent towards God performing deeds in keeping with repentance. (Acts 26:20b)

What is your response to God’s gospel? Repent today and put your faith in Jesus.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:48 am

THE INVITATION

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 am by Enad

The invitation of Jesus to all mankind is, “Come.” The word holds no hidden meanings; it means exactly what it says, “Come.”

The word “Come” signifies an action, a moving from a point at which one is currently placed to another point of placement of one’s self; not a forced movement but rather a voluntary one.

“Come unto Me, all of you who are weary and exhausted from the weight of burdens, and of grief, and of toils, I will give you rest,” said Jesus. Matthew 11:28

Peter requested of Jesus to come to Jesus, Who was then walking on the water of the Sea, the request was granted by the word, “Come.” Peter moved himself out of the boat and onto the water and did walk upon the water.

Two of John the Baptizer’s disciples were with John; when John saw Jesus approaching John said to his disciples, “Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world!”

One of those disciples was Andrew; the two disciples began to walk behind Jesus. As Jesus noticed that they were following He turned and asked them what thing were they hoping to find. They wanted to know where He was living; so Jesus said, “Come and see.”

The word “Come is used by Jesus on several occasions in the Gospels and deals with the invitation to come to Him to have our life sustaining needs fulfilled. “Come and dine,” “Come, if you are thirsty, and drink of the water of life freely.” “Come apart from the crowd and from your work to rest,” John 21:12

Jesus said, “Allow the children to “Come” to Me, do not forbid them, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.” Matthew 19: 14

Jesus said that He will “Come again.” He will leave His place beside the Father in Heaven and return to this earth. John 14: 3 Luke 12:49

While Jesus is away we are the Inviters of persons to “Come to Jesus.”

“The Spirit and the Bride (the Church) say “Come,” and let all who hear it say, “Come.” Let him who is thirsty say, “Come,” and whosoever will, let him drink of the water of life freely.” Revelation 21: 17

“Let us therefore “Come” boldly to the Throne of Grace so that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Romans 4: 16

“Come,” indicating a movement made by your own free will; after having made the move one finds everything they have greatly desired to find.

The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come to Jesus for the salvation of your life both for now and later.”

Jesus said, “Anyone who does “Come” unto Me, I will in no way cast out of the doors of Heaven.” John 6: 37

Come and See. Come and taste. Come and drink. Come and rest. Come to Jesus and find salvation for your soul, and supply for all your needs.

http://www.Ramona2U.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Select desired actionLock selected posts [ Prevent editing ]Unlock selected postsDelete postsMerge postsSplit selected postsSplit topic from selected post onwards
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

ChristineMuir
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby ChristineMuir » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Resting in Jesus.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

You do not have to walk over hot coals, crawl on all fours, sacrifice your most treasured belongings or turn away from your family.

All you need do is come to Him.

Come to be healed. Come to find peace. Come to know that you are loved.

So loved, that Jesus died on a cross for you – yes You.

All you need do to receive His gift of eternal life, is pray and ask Him to come into your heart. You may not see a clap of thunder, flashing lights, or some other ‘sign’ that He has accepted you. But you will notice a change in your life; for the better. He will not wipe away your troubles, but He will give you the strength and ability to deal with them. He will share your burdens.

You can find out more about Jesus and what He did for you on this site http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

How can you be sure that these words are true?

There is only one way to be totally sure; give in to the longing that is in your soul. Simply accept Jesus as the Son of God and accept His words.

You do not need to beg to be accepted or endure punishments for past sins. Jesus accepted your punishment when He died on the cross. All He asks is that you come to Him.

To ask Jesus into your life, say a simple prayer, thanking Him for His sacrifice and confessing that you know you have sinned and ask for His forgiveness. You do not need fancy words. Just speak from your heart.

Take this simple step towards Him. He is waiting for you.

For more articles on Jesus the man, and other Christian topics, go to http://www.faithwriters.com

tranz4md
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby tranz4md » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Whose Side Will You Choose?

Remission, redemption, purged, cleansed, renewed, purified, justified, rectified, solidified, indemnified, fortified and upon stepping through the curtain of time that releases mankind from the restraint of his mortality—glorified. These are all verbs. Action words that move and define the condition and position of all who accept Jesus Christ.

Have you taken stock in what these verbs really mean for you? They define the action placed upon your life when you receive the gift Christ offered you on the cross of Calvary. Your action to accept this gift places you in a position to receive life everlasting with a loving Creator who will pour out His blessings on you forever. Who in their right mind would not choose everlasting life?

That's just it; apart from Christ a person does not have a right mindset. It has been darkened by sin's hold on their life. His word says, "God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin," 1 John 1:5-7 (NKJV).

His word also tells us that today is the day of salvation.

"Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, while it is said:

Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,"
Hebrews 3:12-15.

The invitation to accept Jesus is for all who will come. Jesus was sent by God to die on the cross to set us free from sin's captivity. God cannot and will not condone sin. In fact He condemns it. Sin is everything God is not which is why He had to look away and turn His back on His Son who took the sin of the whole world upon Himself that we might have life and be cleansed from sin.

Without choosing the freewill offering God has held out to us by the shed blood, obedience and death of Jesus Christ we are dead in our sins and trespasses. This will afford us a one-way ticket to an everlasting place of condemnation reserved for Satan and his angels and all who choose his side. So, whose side will you choose?

At the http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/ and http://www.faithwriters.com/ websites you will find a wealth of information about the God-man Jesus Christ and God's plan of redemption. Visit these sites now and become new, for today is the day of salvation. Amen!

www.thekingstranz4mdscribe.weebly.com
www.histranz4mdscribe.blogspot.com

huffy

Postby huffy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Come to Jesus.

You are driving home. To be honest, you should have left the party hours ago!
Yet that new lady from accounts department, was so funny and amusing, time slipped by. You are aware that you are over the limit; whose going to know anyway, after all you took the back road. Suddenly a violent storm breaks! The thunder crashes with lightening flashing. The car goes into a skid and lands in a culvert. By some miracle you are able to climb out the car. Your journey home now begins!

Panic sets in as you are frightened. You’ve heard so many stories about this part of the country, hi-jacking and assaults. You run blindly and soon are lost.
You see a bush and you crawl under for protection. Tears pour down your face as you assess your situation.

He has been watching you for some time. In fact you could perhaps say He planned this! He has already dispatched angels to keep you safe.

Suddenly you remember stories heard long ago in Sunday School. You enjoyed them so much, in fact you loved church when you were growing up. Then slowly you were drawn away.

“Jesus, please help me! I am lost.” You call out.

You feel a presence. He is right beside you. Gently He lifts you up and carries you in His arms.

This above scenario applied to me many years ago. I was lost, having been brought up in a family that went to church, I knew the way. Yet the way of the world seemed so enticing. Surely I could have some fun and then when I was too old to party, i would then go back to church!

Jesus tells us all to come to Him. He invites the rich, poor, sick, healthy, lovely and unlovely to come to Him. He knows your situation and He understands far better than anybody else. There is no sin too awful or bad that cannot be forgiven. He gave His life for You. He loves you with an ever-lasting love. He wants you to come as you are. No need to get all dressed up and smart. Just heed His call. You don’t have to be the brainiest person alive, heed His call.

He is standing at the door of your heart. Won’t you please open it and let Him in?

http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/
"He shall give His angels charge over me" Ps 91 vs 11 a.
Dogs are miracles with paws. Anon.
With God nothing is impossible. Only trust and believe.

GailKoop
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby GailKoop » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Like Father, Like Son: Know Jesus, Know God

“Oh, I’m sorry, I made a mistake. I’ll have to ring you up all over again.”

I was tired and hungry. The old me would have made a face, rolled my eyes and exhaled a disgruntled sigh. But the new me calmly said, “You mean you’re not perfect?”

“Nope. Don’t know anyone who is, do you?”

I perked up. “Matter of fact, I do.”

“Oh yeah? Who?”

“God.”

The salesperson shook her head and smirked. “Yeah, but you don’t know him personally.”

“Actually, I do.”

“Oh yeah? How?”

“Through Jesus Christ.”

She continued rescanning my items as if she hadn’t heard.

For an evangelical Christian, this couldn’t have been scripted better. But I got stage fright and failed to deliver my last line: “Want to know more?” I chastised myself for days afterward because not too long ago, I was that woman. And maybe she is you -- believing God is unknowable.

Raised a secular Jew, my knowledge of Jesus Christ was limited to my father’s expletives. As I matured, I was drawn to ouija boards, seances and psychics, anything supernatural. But never equating “supernatural” with God. Until eight years ago, when I witnessed undeniable miracles surrounding my brother’s death. So I began attending church, determined to find the God who enabled them.

When I used to hear preachers talk about “sinners,” I thought they were referring to rapists and murderers, not to me. But I learned that the original Greek word for “sin” is “Hamartia,” which means missing the mark. Or falling short of perfection. Who can say they’ve never cheated, never lied? And I learned that the Bible is history, not hokum, and it says “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). So I also learned that I was a sinner, and Jesus Christ came “to take away the sin of the world“ (John 1:29). And that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Who doesn’t want eternal life? And with all my intellectual striving, I couldn’t get past the empty tomb or the fact that Jesus’ disciples, plain ordinary men, died martyrs’ deaths. So I took the leap and believed.

When I did, the only thing I can compare it to is when my daughter was first placed on my chest: my heart exploded. I have since been freed from alcoholism and paralytic fears of flying and public speaking, proving that “if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36).

I have not been brain-washed or influenced by a cult. I am a sixty-year-old well-educated woman who has finally found The Truth. And He says, “If you knew me, you would know my Father also” (John 8:19).

You can know God personally. And now I get to deliver that last line:

Want to know more? Click the links below.

carpenterdaughter
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby carpenterdaughter » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:39 pm

How can I begin to explain to a world that does not want to see Jesus who He is? If I adopt the attitude that it is impossible for me to open blind eyes, I will never even try, but I must do my part to point the way so that the Great Healer can restore sight because that is what He wants. He calls us to tell the world who He is and what He has done for us. Thus, to even know how to begin to explain who the Savior of my entire life is, maybe I should follow His example for explaining Himself. Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. He that cometh to me shall never hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” (John 6:35, KJV)

That is a pretty outlandish statement, no doubt about it. And, it can be particularly hard to accept if one has no knowledge or understanding of God’s Word. Face it, most of us have very little knowledge of the Bible (sometimes just enough to be dangerous to ourselves and others). BUT, I’m going to use it anyway because Jesus is the best at explaining who He is, so let’s go with His metaphor, whether or not we readily accept and believe it.

I am convinced that all people can be grouped under the umbrella of one adjective: “hungry.” Every single human being on the planet knows what it feels like to be hungry at one time or another. Under that category are two subgroups: those who acknowledge their hunger and those who are convinced that they are not hungry. If one is satisfied within himself and what he can do to meet his own needs, full and content with everything he is doing, he’ll never admit to himself or anyone else that he is hungry. He’s fat and sassy! Life is good, and the world is at his feet and nothing is going to stop him. (I believe that he’s really just as hungry as the rest of us; he just doesn’t acknowledge his hunger because, for the moment, his methods of satisfying his hunger are working. They haven’t turned on him yet. “Yet” is the operative word there . . .)

People who know they are hungry search for food. They have two main choices: they can seek to fill their hunger the way the world fills it, or they can find bread that strengthens them and changes them and satisfies them. The world chases financial success; they pursue human relationships; they fulfill the desires of their flesh with a MULTITUDE of temporary satisfaction, feeding just about every desire there is; they build up their physical bodies, constantly making adjustments in their search for perfection; they continue to consume, consume, consume . . . but eventually, they will all admit that what they are seeking stops satisfying them for any length of time. Just look at American culture today. We are a people blessed with abundance, but we are never satisfied. We constantly seek more, more, more. Bigger and better and better and bigger—always hungry, rarely happy—but we know how to act like we are, talk like we are, convince ourselves that we are, when, in all reality, we are just hungry, hungry people filling our bellies with the wrong sustenance.

However, some people are hungry and know they are hungry but have learned to seek sustenance from the only supply that will never stop meeting their need. These people have found the Bread of Life. These people have found Jesus—or He has found them. When their eyes were opened to see Him, they chose to take Him in, instead of all the empty calories the world has to offer. When this happens to us, Jesus becomes real to us and in us, and we begin the journey of becoming something more than we ever realized we could be. Our entire lives change in a moment—not our circumstances, our lives. We begin on the journey we were meant to be on all along. We experience Jesus’ words: “Blessed are they which hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.” (Matthew 5:6, KJV)

Once we have met Jesus like this do we stop being hungry and do our lives suddenly become outwardly perfect and pristine and without problems? Unfortunately, no, they do not. As long as we live in this world that has fallen so far from what the Creator intended it to be, we will experience hunger and pain and every other human emotion and desire. But, when Jesus is the sustenance of our lives, we are equipped to overcome the emptiness and ravenous devouring of this world. When we hunger and thirst after righteousness in the midst of a world that satisfies their cravings with rot and decay, we learn to ingest the Bread of Life.

If you have read this and are confused, but you want to know more, I urge you to seek Jesus. He promises that when we seek Him with our entire heart, we shall find Him. You know what the best part of that is? I am pretty sure that somewhere along the path to searching for Him, it’s really Jesus who finds us. He finds us right where we are and rescues us from a life of constant, unfulfilled hunger.

The first thing I encourage you to do is find Jesus in the Word of God—the Bible. Often, we claim it is too hard to understand or it is no longer relevant to our lives or it is a book of mythical stories that were written a long time ago to people who were uneducated and couldn’t think for themselves. Sadly, that is probably why many of us fail to see Jesus. After all, once again from God’s Word: “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14, KJV) Jesus no longer walks among us in the form of a man—but He left the Word with us. The first place to discover Jesus is in the Word of God. Start reading in the book of “John” in the New Testament. Don’t give up if you don’t understand what you’re reading. Keep reading. Keep seeking. Remember, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.” When you seek after Him, and He finds you in your quest, you will experience the first of many meals of the best Bread you’ve ever tasted.

If you are interested in reading more articles of this type or researching what other people have to say about who Jesus is, please follow these links:

I also posted this article in the free reprints section and as a note on my Facebook page.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities