Winners for QUESTION

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Winners for QUESTION

Post by Deb Porter »

Thanks Colin. I can guarantee impartiality. The judges always have been. :D

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

tomoral
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by tomoral »

I trust them completely. I hope we will still have winners on Current Affairs...I love Thursday mornings. :superhappy
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394
itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne »

Just FYI, Lynn - this coming week it's gonna be FRIDAY MORNING instead of Thursday morning. (here's a link to the FW blog post with details, if you need it) http://faithwriters.com/blog/2012/06/08 ... challenge/

ANYHOW - back to the subject at hand...WOOWOOS!!

Woowooo to NNNAANNCCCYYY!!!! GGEEOOFFFRREEEYYYY!!! KKKEEELLLLLL!! (haven't seen you here in a bit!) BBBEENNJJJMMMMIIINNNN!! HHHEELLLEENNNN!!! MMMARRLLLEENNEEEE!!!
KKKAAATTTIIIESCCARRRLLETTTTT!!! FFIIIIOOONNNAAAA!!!! VVVIINNCCEENNTTT!! HHHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!! JJEEENNNNNNNAAA!! NNNOORRMMMSSSSS!!!! LLLOOOOIIISSS!!!! WWIILLLMMMAAAA!!!!! LLEEOOOLLLAAAA!!!!

Super job, folks!
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
Shann

Post by Shann »

So I have a question...yesterday when I discovered I could read the current entries by clicking on past entries, I went through level one and left a comment on every entry in that level. But now, because Dear Deb and to re-enter them all, the comments from yesterday are gone. Should I leave comments again or did the authors have access to the comments left yesterday?

Thank you Deb and Mike for working so hard just so I can read some great stories. :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison »

Shann wrote:So I have a question...yesterday when I discovered I could read the current entries by clicking on past entries, I went through level one and left a comment on every entry in that level. But now, because Dear Deb and to re-enter them all, the comments from yesterday are gone. Should I leave comments again or did the authors have access to the comments left yesterday?

Thank you Deb and Mike for working so hard just so I can read some great stories. :thankssign
Don't worry, Shann. They will still get those comments. They will just be on the "wrong" entry. There will be two copies of this week's entry. One from the "blooper" (that has your comments) and the "regular" entry. So no worries. They got (and have) your comments.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)
Shann

Post by Shann »

Thanks Allison, I went exploring and saw them so that made me feel better. Though someone mentioned he received an email saying he received comments but couldn't find them so we need to make sure we pass it on.

I feel guilty because I know Deb is busy but what about the highest rankings for questions, are they still going to be shown. (that's one of my favorite things to do, even when I haven't entered. I know it doesn't take much for me to break into my happy dance :D

They must've been posted while I was writing. Off to do my happy dances!
Last edited by Shann on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Shann, the same as Allison said. Although the comments are on the original entries, they will still see them. We haven't deleted anything. So it's totally up to you whether you repeat them. I wouldn't worry about it.

Love, Deb
Deb

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

And the highest rankings have been posted, so go for it Shann.

By the way, if someone couldn't find the comment, that's a bit odd. The link would still be to the appropriate entry. I wonder if that's another person who doesn't realize they need to scroll down past all the white space to reach the feedback?

Love, Deb
Deb

Shann

Post by Shann »

It could be. I'll make sure I explain it to him. Thanks. Everyone has been notified of their rankings so I'm doing a quick happy dance then get to bed!
Shann

Shann's Profile

helen1975
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by helen1975 »

Well done everyone!

And a quick question; Deb, did you have to retype each person's story for Current Affair, or just re-enter the link?! Either way, what a phenomenal job you and the Edwards dynamic duo have done!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Blessings,

Helen
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

helen1975 wrote:And a quick question; Deb, did you have to retype each person's story for Current Affair, or just re-enter the link?! Either way, what a phenomenal job you and the Edwards dynamic duo have done!
At first we had thought we'd try and contact everyone and get them to re-submit their entries, and that would mean running the Current Affairs topic until next Thursday to give everyone time to do that. Then we would have to use a different topic after (instead of Guard Your Heart because everyone would have had a week to think about it). That would also mean we'd have to run the Challenge a week longer for this quarter, which isn't great (because we need to wrap things up for the Best of the Best).

But then I realized the easiest way was to re-submit everyone's entry for them. So it was a case of copying (just copy and paste) the original entry into a new submission box for each member (including adding any HTML they may have used on the original). I may have missed the odd italics here and there but hopefully got most.

I think God was looking after us by having fairly low numbers for this topic (about 62 I think). It made my job a little quicker than it would have done on one of our recent weeks. Also, less people seemed to go for the HTML this week, so phew!

It took about four hours to do (with family interruptions), so not too bad. I was just extremely happy we were able to come up with a reasonably easy solution. All's well that ends well. :D

Love, Deb
Deb

BrotherAnthony
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by BrotherAnthony »

Bless your heart, Deb. You are a treasure we all cherish.

jim
Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison »

Deb Porter wrote:
But then I realized the easiest way was to re-submit everyone's entry for them. So it was a case of copying (just copy and paste) the original entry into a new submission box for each member (including adding any HTML they may have used on the original). I may have missed the odd italics here and there but hopefully got most.

It took about four hours to do (with family interruptions), so not too bad. I was just extremely happy we were able to come up with a reasonably easy solution. All's well that ends well. :D

Love, Deb
*thinks about own entry and html* Uh... Deb... I'm sorry! :sorry
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Allison wrote:
Deb Porter wrote:.....(including adding any HTML they may have used on the original). [/b]I may have missed the odd italics here and there but hopefully got most.
*thinks about own entry and html* Uh... Deb... I'm sorry! :sorry
Now did I mention names? Image

(And YES ... you were the one that had me gnashing my teeth.) Image

:wink: :lol:

Love, Deb
Deb

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”