To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Becky, I was praying for you glad everything was safe for you. Right after my son left for PA to meet his gf halfway from DC Becky told me about the tornado warnings so I prayed for her and then my son and gf. It scares me though.

Oh Tiara and Becky I remember when Pup loved me enough to pick on me too but now I barely get a howdy-do :seeingstars those are stars why is he crying stars? and the piggie/clown one is another one i don't get. :D :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 pm

I hate clowns...

Everyone here is good writers (except me).

It'll be interesting to see if anymore tornadoes pop up. I mean if the 10 goes up higher.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:42 am

Shann wrote:Oh Tiara and Becky I remember when Pup loved me enough to pick on me too but now I barely get a howdy-do :seeingstars

You are right I don't pick on you as much.. then too you have become more civilised, I am still working on those two. :wink:

Oh and he is seeing stars... not crying. And it is not a piggy clown, he has a red nose on. :roll:

Monkey Poo... you are a lot better than me.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:

Monkey Poo... you are a lot better than me.

How dare you call me Monkey Poo!! and... stop teasing me. I know how bad I write. :P
Dum Spiro Spero

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Becky I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think I may have just given bad writing a whole new definition. I finally turned in my challenge for this week. I went over it so many times it's kinda scary. Then when I went to submit it I think I went back and forth from preview to fixing and back again. I think I set there for an hour changing and moving and I don't know what. I bet you money that even after all that there will still be a typo or big o mistake somewhere. :oops:
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Profile Page FaithWriters
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=58736

My Web/Blog Page
http://cynthiad.weebly.com

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:48 pm

cdawson41 wrote:
Becky I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think I may have just given bad writing a whole new definition. I finally turned in my challenge for this week. I went over it so many times it's kinda scary. Then when I went to submit it I think I went back and forth from preview to fixing and back again. I think I set there for an hour changing and moving and I don't know what. I bet you money that even after all that there will still be a typo or big o mistake somewhere. :oops:

but the typos and what not doesn't mean you are a bad writer. I'm just bad at coming up with good things and putting it down on paper or typing it out. I usually hate everything I write and with good reason.
Dum Spiro Spero

cdawson41
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby cdawson41 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:06 pm

I think you may be being just a bit hard on yourself. The last entry I put in the challenge I'm not so fond of either. It's not the type of writing I like to do, but was all I could think of that would fit the word we were given. I have to lay down for a bit since I didn't sleep at all last night. When I get up I'll see if I can locate some of your writing. We often times are our own worse critics.
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Profile Page FaithWriters
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=58736

My Web/Blog Page
http://cynthiad.weebly.com

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:11 pm

cdawson41 wrote: I think you may be being just a bit hard on yourself.

Only a bit???? :roll:

Looky here Kiddo, my comment still stands, even if you are a bad writer.. which I don't believe for a minute.. you are, by far, a better writer than me, so you will never be the worst. Yeah, I have a lot of ideas for stories, because I am crazy, but putting those ideas down in words is a mistake 99.9% of the time. (and even that .1% is a bad idea) At least you try, and the desire is there, I haven't even tried in months. Don't even start putting yourself down as a writer. No matter how bad you THINK you are, you are still better than me.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
cdawson41 wrote: I think you may be being just a bit hard on yourself.

Only a bit???? :roll:

Looky here Kiddo, my comment still stands, even if you are a bad writer.. which I don't believe for a minute.. you are, by far, a better writer than me, so you will never be the worst. Yeah, I have a lot of ideas for stories, because I am crazy, but putting those ideas down in words is a mistake 99.9% of the time. (and even that .1% is a bad idea) At least you try, and the desire is there, I haven't even tried in months. Don't even start putting yourself down as a writer. No matter how bad you THINK you are, you are still better than me.

Whatever.

and actually, I don't have a desire to write. Mostly because I know how bad my writing is, there is no point in even trying.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:33 am

OK! Fine! As you say Whatever. I give up. No sense beating a dead horse. Unless you like that sort of thing.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 am

JesusPuppy wrote:OK! Fine! As you say Whatever. I give up. No sense beating a dead horse. Unless you like that sort of thing.

:redface2 :redface2
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 pm

It was suppose to be a joke. :?

Some people like slapping hogs (according to Jed Clampet), maybe there are some out there, strange as it may seem, that actually like beating dead animals. You never know. The world is filled with strange people. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:37 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:It was suppose to be a joke. :?

Some people like slapping hogs (according to Jed Clampet), maybe there are some out there, strange as it may seem, that actually like beating dead animals. You never know. The world is filled with strange people. :roll:

but... why would people slap a hog?

sooooooo I already texted Shan this but today I found out that the guy i was seeing a bit ago and his girlfriend have been together a month today. So he was with her when he began talking to me and taking me out.

:orangeyes
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:22 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:OK! Fine! As you say Whatever. I give up. No sense beating a dead horse. Unless you like that sort of thing.

Hey you chill out! I'm trying to make a good impressions on Cynthia and Marina and you talk about beating dead horses! Why would you beat a dead horse anyway? I wouldn't even beat a live horse. Have you ever been beaten or kicked by a horse? I have and it hurts plus I had one try to un-mount me by running close to trees and then the branches knocked me in the head. Then another time Frisky (yes that's the horse's name) decided he wanted to get back to the barn instead of a nice leisurely walk and I got all tangled up in an electric fence. That hurt too! Hmmm .... maybe that's why you would beat a dead horse it hurts less? :oops: :?
Regardless, I don't want people thinking we're a bunch of wackos, let them get to know us first then you can go back to being wacky! :clown :nono2 :nono2 :tongue

Aww man I should have kept reading. Now I have to worry about you slapping around pigs too. Good grief no wonder Barb, Leonie and Ivy haven't been around in a while! :mrgreen: :loveyou
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Shann wrote:Regardless, I don't want people thinking we're a bunch of wackos, let them get to know us first then you can go back to being wacky! :clown :nono2 :nono2 :tongue

Says the woman who asks people what kind of underwear they wear as soon as she meets them... :mrgreen: :heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler