To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

#1 Invitation to Accept Jesus blog WINNERS

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Invitation to Accept Jesus blog WINNERS

Postby mikeedwards » Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 pm

THE WINNERS

Everyone who entered is a winner but we picked two that stood out to us. We all should strive to allow our actions to be a light that attracts the lost. But the truth is, anyone can be kind or nice, helping others and being a blessing, even an atheist. That’s because we all have a God given conscience that tells us what we ought to do. If we are honest, we must admit that non-believers can be just as moral and kind and helpful as Christians. Often times much better. So what do we have that is different? The “Truth”.

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? Rom 10:14 ESV

Francis of Assisi is said to have said, "Preach the gospel at all times; when necessary, use words." I have heard many people quote this as an excuse to not speak the truth. Recent research has actually discovered http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/mayweb-only/120-42.0.htmlthat these words are found nowhere in the writings of St Francis. If you study what he did teach and live, a better quote would be -

Preach the gospel and use words they're necessary.

There was not a prize offered for this contest. Everyone did it because of their love for Jesus. Thats why giving our first place winner a prize is that much more special. Our winner is a Gold member. Well was a Gold member. They are now a Platinum member. :D

Please add your Invitation to Accept Jesus onto this blog at anytime you happen to find it.You never know who will read it. It may be the final nudge a person needs to step into eternal life. They will thank you in Heaven.

First Place
Re: #1 Invitation to Accept Jesus Blog
by RosBunney » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 am
Of Rats and Coffee

Blog contest for http://www.faithwriters.com.
The voice on the phone was bursting with excitement. My friend Jen was on a work placement, doing cancer research.

“I think I’m onto something,” she told me. “It could be the cure for cancer. If I get consistent results with the rat tissue, I’ll try it with human tissue.” Jen had discovered that ordinary caffeine, as found in coffee, appeared to destroy cancer in rat cells. Sadly, it didn’t have the same effect with human cells, and wasn’t the cure she had been hoping for.

However, it got me thinking. Only a week before, a friend’s husband had said, “What I don’t like about these Christians is the way they keep trying to tell everyone what they believe. Why can’t they just keep it to themselves?” Jen was uncharacteristically excited when she thought she had found a cancer cure. In Jesus, we have the cure for something worse than cancer, an eternal disease which will separate us from God, from all love and joy, for all eternity. Why wouldn’t we share this with the world?

Our greatest need is not for happiness, but for forgiveness. Until we see this, we are like the patient who is unaware that he has cancer. He feels well, he has no worries about his health, he is ignorant of the fatal threat developing silently inside him. Once the cancer is diagnosed, he is more anxious and unhappy than before, but his plight is better than it was, because the disease has been exposed; the cure can begin. The cure may be deeply unpleasant, involving vomiting, weakness and hair loss. But it is killing the cancer, and his chances of survival are improving.

As long as we are happy and believe we are quite good people, we are unaware of the truth. No matter how well we measure up to other people, God’s standard is holiness. If He were to allow us into heaven in our unforgiven state, it would be like allowing a piece of paper to come close to a flame – His holiness would destroy us. It’s because he longs for our salvation, not our destruction, that He provided a remedy.

Imagine a judge so kind and loving that he let off every offender. The judicial system would fall apart and no victim would receive justice. If God just forgave us, this is what He would be like. Our only hope lies in recognising that we cannot save ourselves, and that God has provided salvation for us in Jesus. All we must do is trust Him and what He has done for us, and we are cured not only from the power of sin in our lives here and now, but from its eternal consequences too. It becomes as if we had never sinned, and we are fit to be spared from hell and received into heaven. This is good news indeed. No wonder we want to share it! Find out more here: http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

Second Place

by jodybooks » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm
Alien Invitation

Aliens walk among us. Some think that they walk around in earth clothes, with earth jobs, and with earth families.

Take me for instance. I am not of this world. Oh, I was born here, and I look like a human female. I have kids, a husband and a job, but I am eternally connected to the heavens. I live in this world, but this world is not my home. I am an alien.

Life on earth was a big disappointment for me. Lonely, hurt, disillusioned and depressed, I searched for peace.

I learned that God created the heavens and the earth and its inhabitants. You’ve heard of Adam and Eve. God gave them complete freedom and only one rule. They broke it. That’s when sin came into the world and everyone born on earth inherited the consequence – separation from God.

Sin. That was a problem, because I was full of it. A huge gap stood between me and peace.
The Creator solved the problem himself. He came here, born of a virgin, grew up and then taught all those around him about himself. He died to pay for my sins. He made a way for me to live with Him forever. The amazing thing is that I didn’t have to do anything except believe Him and ask him into my heart. He took away all the sin, everything that separated me from him. Now I belong to Him.

You may recognize that I’m talking about God, Jesus Christ, and the Bible. Those who belong to Christ are no longer of this world, but children of the King of Kings. We have a hope and a future and we can live in this life, not without troubles, but with peace, direction and a future everlasting home in heaven with God.

This is my alien invitation. Agree with God that you are a sinner. Pray and ask Him to forgive your sins and to come into your heart. You will feel like anything but an alien, because His love will come into your life and He will never leave you. You will then be in this world, but not of this world.

Please take the time to look at the websites below for more information. God Bless You and I’d love to welcome you to the family of Believers.

http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

http://www.faithwriters.com/

Original Contest rules below here

PLEASE NOTE: REPLYS BELOW THIS TOPIC ARE RESTRICTED TO CONTEST ENTRIES FOR THIS SPECIFIC BLOG. To add your entry click on the reply button the latest entry and add yours.

Invitation to Accept Jesus Blog

Matt 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

The Bible tells us over and over again to seek God 1st. So I believe it is appropriate that we start this program with all the participants writing an article of 500 words or less, inviting people to accept Jesus as their Savior. A gospel presentation in your words. Some ideas -

Why do they need Jesus? What is the number one reason?
Why would they want a relationship with Jesus?
Why you came to Jesus.
Is it really true?
How do I come to Jesus?
How can I be saved?
Why Jesus is the only way.

I expect they will all be unique but with one central goal and that is ideal. With the title, keep in mind what someone searching the internet might search for if they wanted to know about God. Be creative, I know one major Christian website that comes up on purpose when you Google the word - suicide. Their point is to stop a person from taking their life and get them to give it to Jesus instead. Be creative but be Biblical. PRAY FIRST and ask for God guidance.

Your article must contain two URL's.

1. This specific link to our Jesus page This will further present the Gospel and allow us to glimpse the impact we are having because it has a counter.

2. A link to the FaithWriters site. It can be the main page http://www.faithwriters.com or another page like the articles page. It could contain a link to another article on FaithWriters that goes more in depth.

When your article is complete, links included in it, it needs to be posted in a blog, your website, FaceBook or other social media.

You are inviting people to come to Jesus so if the Spirit leads you to post it in numerous locations, go for it.

This particular article more than future articles should preferably be posted on our site at
Regular articles or free reprints.

If you do post it in our regular articles just putting http://www.FaithWriters will not create an active link in the article. To post it in the regular articles you need to insert the links to the 2 sites exactly like I show next. Just copy and paste them and insert them in your article where you want the link to go. When you preview your article you will see these links in blue underlined.

1) <a href="http://www.faithwriters.com">FaithWriters</a>

2) <a href="http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/">Learn More About Jesus</a>

Or you can post in our free reprint section where you do not need to do the links as shown above. In the free reprint section you only need to use http://www.faithwriters.com/ and http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/ and the links will show up.

If you do post in the free reprints, post under- Salvation or another catagory you consider applicable.

Our site traffic will help raise your article in the rankings. For most contests we will ask you to post outside of FaithWriters website. If you plan on posting on our site then the article will automatically have our url and you do not need to add it.

You can post your article any time before the deadline. This way the articles will hit the internet at various times, which is preferable.

Your article also needs to be posted here in this forum as a reply below this Topic - Invitation to Accept Jesus Blog.

Please do a professional job with your writing. This forum will be used to demonstrate to potential future clients just how talented our writers are. This program has the potential to produce many paid writing assignments for you as members. This forum will be a showcase of your abilities.

The deadline for your submission for this blog contest is 10 am 6-16-12. You can post your article anytime before this date. The entries will be judged by a few of our handpicked members. The judging will be based on your writing abilities and the content of your message.

There is not an earthly prize yet for this program. This is our initial test and probably the most important blog we will write. The good news is that everyone will be building treasure in Heaven.

Matt 6:19“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Now do your best for our Lord.

God Bless, Mike :thumbs
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tomoral » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Just Come to Jesus

Have you ever been and the end of your rapidly fraying rope? You know it would take a miracle to save you, but do miracles really happen anymore? Absolutely.

Several years ago I was so close to death I had no choice but to go to Jesus and ask Him to take control of my life. Some very wise, educated Physicians told me I was going to die from cancer, so I went to the wisest Physician of them all for a second opinion. Jesus examined me and decided I should live, and it was a miracle.

When I asked Jesus to please save my life, I didn’t know He would also save my soul. He replaced all of my negative feelings with His pure love. I prayed for His will for me, and His will was not only I should live, but live for Him. It was at this time miracles abounded in my life. My problems also became His problems, and one by one all things started working together for good.

Sometimes I think God literally brings us to our knees in order for us to have no other option than to come to Jesus for help. Only then can we have the life He intended for us and receive the miracles He has in store for us.

So today, if you are sick, lost, hurting and in need of a miracle in your life, come to Jesus. No matter how hopeless you feel your circumstances are, He will lift you up and carry you through your darkest hours. He will give the strength and courage to face any obstacle. If you feel like you are dying and just can't go on, come to Jesus and live.

Just get down on your knees and ask Him to come into your life and make you new again. Pour out your troubles to Him. Confess your sins and ask for His forgiveness, and believe in Him. Just come to Jesus.

Jesus loves you. He loved you so much He died on the cross for your sins. Before you were ever born, you were forgiven. Come to Him now and accept your forgiveness. Have faith in Him, and watch for the miracles to come.

Jesus is waiting for you come to Him right now. He has been expecting you to come. Please do. Just let go and give Him your life, good and bad, and discover the blessings that have been waiting for you since the day you were born.

You will also discover what it means to live in Christ. Take it from a sinner who knows. Please take this time right now to view the websites below. Just come to Jesus and live.

http://www.faithwriters.com/
Last edited by tomoral on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

Smithmks
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Smithmks » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:01 am

The Gospel Colors

Have you considered the primary colors in our world? Yellow, red, blue, green as well as black and white, allow us to enjoy our surroundings. Without color our existence would become a dull gray!

Think about yellow, what comes to your mind? Is it the sun, shining brilliantly? It may remind you of gold jewelry like a necklace. It reminds me of Heaven. Scripture says that in Heaven there are streets of gold (Rev. 21:21). God lives there and there are no bad things. God is perfect which means He has never done anything wrong. In fact, Heaven is a perfect place that God made for us!

However, Romans 3:23 says that we have all sinned. Sin is anything you think about, say, or do that does not please God. The dark color of black or dark blue reminds me of sin. We were all born knowing how to sin. No one has ever had to go to school to learn how to sin.

So if we have all sinned, how is anyone able to go to Heaven where there is no sin? God created a wonderful plan for us. The color red reminds me of this plan. God decided to come to earth, be born as a human, but never sin. He took all our sins on Him and died to pay the price for them. You know that when you go to a movie you have to pay to get inside. Jesus willingly paid for the ticket to get us into Heaven. The price was His own blood! That was what God required as payment our sin. Jesus died in our place. But He didn’t stay dead (1 Corinthians 15: 3,4)! That’s the best part! He came back alive after three days and is alive today in Heaven, waiting for us!

If someone gives us a gift, and we want to enjoy it--we have to open it. We have to open Jesus’ gift too—by asking for it and accepting it. Jesus’ gift to us is cleaning our heart from all sin. By repenting or changing your mind about sin, you turn and go a different way. Now, you don’t want to sin and displease God. Pray a simple prayer and talk to God like your best friend—because He is! Tell Him about your sin and that you believe that He died for you. Then ask Him to forgive you and clean up your heart. He will make you His child. That clean or white color reminds us of our clean heart. God cares for us so much, He died for us!

We, as your brothers and sisters in Christ, care about you too. Go here to get encouragement and further info: http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/. Also here is a place where others share what Jesus means to them in their Christian life: http://www.faithwriters.com. You will find articles here that will better help you understand what following Jesus is all about.

RosBunney
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby RosBunney » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 am

Of Rats and Coffee

Blog contest for http://www.faithwriters.com.
The voice on the phone was bursting with excitement. My friend Jen was on a work placement, doing cancer research.

“I think I’m onto something,” she told me. “It could be the cure for cancer. If I get consistent results with the rat tissue, I’ll try it with human tissue.” Jen had discovered that ordinary caffeine, as found in coffee, appeared to destroy cancer in rat cells. Sadly, it didn’t have the same effect with human cells, and wasn’t the cure she had been hoping for.

However, it got me thinking. Only a week before, a friend’s husband had said, “What I don’t like about these Christians is the way they keep trying to tell everyone what they believe. Why can’t they just keep it to themselves?” Jen was uncharacteristically excited when she thought she had found a cancer cure. In Jesus, we have the cure for something worse than cancer, an eternal disease which will separate us from God, from all love and joy, for all eternity. Why wouldn’t we share this with the world?

Our greatest need is not for happiness, but for forgiveness. Until we see this, we are like the patient who is unaware that he has cancer. He feels well, he has no worries about his health, he is ignorant of the fatal threat developing silently inside him. Once the cancer is diagnosed, he is more anxious and unhappy than before, but his plight is better than it was, because the disease has been exposed; the cure can begin. The cure may be deeply unpleasant, involving vomiting, weakness and hair loss. But it is killing the cancer, and his chances of survival are improving.

As long as we are happy and believe we are quite good people, we are unaware of the truth. No matter how well we measure up to other people, God’s standard is holiness. If He were to allow us into heaven in our unforgiven state, it would be like allowing a piece of paper to come close to a flame – His holiness would destroy us. It’s because he longs for our salvation, not our destruction, that He provided a remedy.

Imagine a judge so kind and loving that he let off every offender. The judicial system would fall apart and no victim would receive justice. If God just forgave us, this is what He would be like. Our only hope lies in recognising that we cannot save ourselves, and that God has provided salvation for us in Jesus. All we must do is trust Him and what He has done for us, and we are cured not only from the power of sin in our lives here and now, but from its eternal consequences too. It becomes as if we had never sinned, and we are fit to be spared from hell and received into heaven. This is good news indeed. No wonder we want to share it! Find out more here: http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

rcetc
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby rcetc » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:57 am

Jesus Christ: Who is He?

The world as we know it, with over seven billon people, lives their lives as it comes to them. Everyday, choices are made on life’s unfolding events. So when we get introduced to someone new, we ask ourselves: do I have time to make this connection and does it really matter? Do I have the time to invest in this new relationship?

As we evaluate these questions, we discover that many of our friends within our circle came to us in our busiest times or in times of crisis, and in the end, the time that was taken to make this new connection was well worth the effort.

This brings us to the purpose of this discussion, to introduce to you the person of Jesus Christ and answer the question of: who is he? Some of us may know this name and others may not; so just who is Jesus Christ? From the beginning of time mankind has sought out a personal god to believe in and this belief has taken on many forms. For some it was self; for others it was nature, and many times it was the rulers we found in charge over us. This was evident by the religious ideals people kept in their homes or uncovered in archeological digs. So when I say that Jesus is the Son of God, your reaction may be: who says? Well, the truth of the matter is, God’s word the Bible makes that claim.

The Bible states in Isaiah 9:6: “For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” This prophecy was pronounced about 700 years before Jesus Christ came into the world in the form of a man. History was recorded in the fulfillment of this prophesy as found in the Gospel of Luke 1:30-35:

“And the angel said to her, Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God.”And behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and His kingdom will have no end.” (NASB)

So it is; Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to save us from our sinful nature. How does that work. Jesus states it this way in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” My question to you is: are you interested to know more? If so, I invite you to read the “Gospel of John” in the Bible or visit http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/

http://www.faithwriters.com

LindaJoJenkins
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby LindaJoJenkins » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Little Trials of Life

I just want to encourage you today. Sometimes the issues we face in life is overwhelming and that is even without a crisis to deal with. I do not know what exactly you are facing but I do know that you do not have to do it alone. I know someone who is waiting for you to call out to Him for help.

Stay with me for a minute before you click off saying “Not another person that is going to tell me how much God loves me and that He is there to help me. I am not going to listen to any of it, if God loved me so much then why did He do this to me.”

First of all God did not do it to you. However, He does know everything that is happening and it breaks His heart to see His creation suffering. Just like it broke His heart when his Son, Jesus had to become a sacrifice for humanity. However, God loved humankind so much that He and Jesus was willing to make the sacrifice for us.

You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.” John 11:50

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life John 3:16

Jesus too suffered. He suffered greatly for us to become restored into a relationship with our Creator, God. So when the trials happen in our lives we can rest assure that the Creator of this world understands, cares and desires for it to not be this way.

Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” Isaiah 35: 4

Because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5:3b-5

Do not lose heart and blame our Creator for these trials that humankind or we created. Let us stop running away from our Creator, God.

Your Heavenly Father wants a relationship with you so turn back today. All you have to do is say this to God, “I know You love me and want a relationship with me, I too want to restore that relationship with You. I now see that You sent Your Son, Jesus here to restore us. I accept Him today into my heart. With that acceptance, I receive the gift of the Holy Spirit living inside me to guide me in all that I do. Thank You for never giving up on me, thank-You for Your never-ending love. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

ShirleyAnneG
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby ShirleyAnneG » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:39 am

Jesus Brings the Joy of Christianity

Matthew 11:28–30 (World English Bible): “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Jesus left the world a wonderful legacy, and I believe that if we all follow Jesus and His teachings we will experience breathtaking transformation in this world we live in.

Christians accept Jesus as our Saviour to know and glorify God the Father. John 14:6 (KJV): “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

We become new people in Christ. I have felt a change in myself since becoming a Christian, as I have noticed I have become less judgemental, more patient, more able to let worry slide away—I do have to catch my thoughts still! I am far from perfect! Some might say I am still an impatient person, but if they knew me 10 years ago, they would see the difference!

Jesus asked us to love all people and some qualities showing this is:
• Acceptance
• Compassion
• Kindness
• Giving

Jesus said that when we help each other, it is as if we are helping Him. Jesus said in Matthew 25:35–40 (KJV): “For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”.

The path of righteousness is narrow and difficult. Just as parents discipline their children to teach them how to behave, so God will guide His followers and ensure His commands are obeyed. See God’s discipline as a gift so you are not led astray. Revelation 3:19 (KJV): “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.”

Life and people will hurt you, but this can be overcome by inner strength, and peace, and understanding others, and following Jesus’ teachings. Jesus said in John 16:33 (KJV): “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (tribulation=trouble)

Learn more about Jesus at:
http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/
This blog article also posted at: http://foundationstoneofhope.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/jesus-brings-joy-of-christianity.html

tulip
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby tulip » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 am

They sat huddled up together. There was so much fear in the house that you could actually put a hand on it. The kids hung on to their parents in hope of sorts. The two grown ups were a bunch of nerves too. This was bigger than anything any of them had dealt with before. There was no doubt that the family was under attack.

It had been going on for several nights now. They had tried seeking counsel from friends to no avail. No one seemed to know just what to do in the circumstances. Fear seemed to fill every room in their house. It was so real that none of the family members could bring themselves to be alone for a moment. This is how they had spent several nights in a row. Trying the best way they knew to fight off fear. It seemed like fear had taken over their lives and was threatening to suffocate them even further. They needed a bigger power to fight it but that was one thing they did not have.

Many people struggle with issues in their lives for such a long time on their own. The only way they get anything done is to do it themselves. They lean on their own understanding since that is all they know. They might have heard of the saving Grace of Jesus Christ but are not yet willing to let him in to all areas of their lives. And so many people are living lives that are oppressed for lack of anything better to do. It could be that illness that has found a home in your body. It helps if you take it to the Lord as he has asked us to take our burdens to him. He will make the load more bearable for us if we trust it with him. And he is faithful to fulfill his promises.

Nothing is too big or too small to take to the Lord. What might be impossible to us is very simple to God. But for him to get involved in our lives we need to ask him in. We give him a place in our hearts so that once he has a foothold he can then get to work sorting out issues in our lives. He cannot do that from the outside of our hearts. He needs us to let him in. Once he comes in then it becomes easy for him to deal with what it is we present before him because he has permission that we grant him on accepting him into our lives. That is why it is very important for every person to accept Jesus in his live because there will be issues in life that we cannot handle on our own. We neee to have him in our lives so that we can enjoy the fullness of his saving Grace to the full.

Each one of us needs something or someone to fall back on. And just like a child who is afraid of the dark we need one to cling on to when the storms of life come. But more important is forming a relationship with Jesus so that he is involved in all the seasons of our lives. He can be there to share our happiness and our sadness too. It is not enough to call on him just when the ship is sinking but to call on him when all is going on well too. There is nothing like sharing happy times with one who is close to you.

You will be amazed how much Jesus will do once you let him in. He will set to work so that your life will bring glory to his name. He will do well to make sure that anyone called by his name shall not be put to shame. It doesn't mean that our lives cease to have troubles once we accept him, it is just that it will be more bearable with him on our side. Jesus feels our pain and suffering. It hurts him more than we know when people struggle with so much on their own. So much of the suffering in the world would be easier if people would seek the help of the Lord. All other solutions cannot face up to Jesus. They may last but for a while. But when we let Jesus into our lives he not only changes circumstances in our lives but also brings a breath of fresh air our way. He enables us to go through live victoriously and most of all he walks the paths of life with us.

He will do it for you. He will give you a new lease of life. He will purge all the bad habits and you can start a new life. Forgiven of all the past. He will give you joy unspeakable so that even in times of pain you can lift up a song to him. If you invite him into your life you can cast your burdens unto him. No care will be yours alone. He has promised to. Try him and see if Jesus will not bring such change your way you will wonder why it took you so long to know him. Noone has come to know Christ and lived a life of regrets again. He makes all things new and will fill your heart with peace. All you need to do is ask him in. Behold, he stands at the door. Let the saviour of the world have a place in your heart today.

http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/ http://www.faithwriters.com
Last edited by tulip on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
wwwunmeasuredgrace.blogspot.com

ToniStar
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby ToniStar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 am

Are you a Gambler?

If there is only one change you make before the year is out, make the change to Jesus! None of us is guaranteed tomorrow or the day after, so why take a chance on dying at any time and not inviting Jesus into your life. What have you got to lose if you don’t gamble and make the change to Jesus?

Plenty! First of all, if you feel you have a soul or even if you don’t think you have a soul, why not take a chance and put Jesus high on your list? When you do this, you invite Him into your heart and life and immediately receive protection, comfort and eternal life once you die! Of course, you have to do three things when you do this: accept Jesus as Lord in your life, ask for forgiveness of your sins and pledge that you will lead a decent, Christian life from that day forward. Won’t be easy; you’ll slip and fall. We all do. But..

No one likes to think that once they die, that is the end of it. Well, the truth is, that is not the end but the beginning. And, who in their right mind wants to go through life not being forgiven of their sins? Everyone sins but it is the person who turns to Christ and asks for forgiveness—that is the person who is forgiven and promised a better life on earth and eternal life with Jesus and God. If I were a betting person—and I have been at certain time in my life—why would I choose a bet that promises nothing in return—no afterlife in Heaven, no promise of any kind of future and choose a “nothingness” once I die; a choice of darkness and separation from God and Christ, forever?

That is what a person chooses when they choose to follow their own desires and needs on earth; instead of choosing Jesus and a good life on earth and a great future in Heaven. Some don’t think that there is a hereafter when we die, but if you read the Bible, you will learn that indeed, something wonderful happens when you die and when you believe in Jesus, God and Heaven!

So, I say to you in all honesty and with a back-up reference to the Bible and this scripture that you can have a better life on earth and a wonderful hereafter once you die. Be smart and check out the latter and know in your heart that you have the best insurance policy on earth and guess what? There is no premium or co-pay and if you’re a gambler, this is one gambling bet that will pay off well! However, don’t take my word for it. Check out your Bible and then put your faith in Jesus and His commitment of giving you a great life, giving you repentance of your sins and life after death in Heaven.

My back-up and reference on what Jesus says about death and the hereafter is the following and comes from John 14:1-3:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (NIV)

For more information on this topic, check out the following links:

http://www.faithwriters.com and my blog post:http://pathwaysthatleadtochrist.blogspot.com
John 14: 1-3 (NIV)
Christ's blessings are given everyday to those who believe and trust in Him! Always remember that "nothing can separate us from Christ's love and blessings."

LauraCC
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby LauraCC » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Dear Lost,
I see you everywhere I go. You wear so many different masks but I know it’s you. There’s always that sadness around your eyes, that weary look that belies your confident pose and ready smile. You’ll never admit it, of course – the world looks up to strong people, and you need to be one. So you march when you feel like staggering, hoping nobody will see the tears filling your heart.
Have you been taught never to show your vulnerable side? Most of us are, either by people we love or pain from the past. Nobody who has been through hell on earth wants to experience it again. I don’t blame you one bit for hiding. I’m not going to ask you what you’re hiding from. But what are you hiding in?
That may seem like an odd question. It’s true, though. When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, they realized their nakedness. So they made clothing from foliage and hid from God’s sight. When they finally confessed their sins, God made them clothing from an animal skin. Something had to die to cover their shame.
So I ask the question again; what are you hiding in? What do you cover your shame with? Your fig leaf of choice will never cover you completely. Only Jesus can do that. Out of all the human beings who have ever lived, Jesus was the only one who was born without sin. He was the perfect Son of God, sent to bring salvation to everyone who believed in Him.
How did Jesus do this? He let sinful people condemn Him to death and didn’t even fight back as they tortured and murdered Him. He carried all of our sins on the cross. What could possibly move God to allow this? Love. God loved you so much that He gave His only Son Jesus so that you could live with Him forever. Every drop of blood was for you. You see, somebody had to die to cover your shame.
Maybe you believe that you’re the exception to the rule. That you’ve never been good enough for anyone else, so why should God be any different? He made you. If He thought You weren’t worth it, you wouldn’t even exist in the first place. Period.
But here’s the best news of all. Three days later, Jesus rose from the dead! Not even death could stand in His way. Because of His sacrifice, all who come to Him for life will find it. No more carrying your burdens alone. No more hiding from God.
So will you come to the cross? Will you lay your troubles down at Jesus’ feet? Will you run into His arms, the best hiding place of all? I pray that you’ll choose Him and I know You’ll never regret it. How, you ask? You see, I used to be you.
Love,
Found
P.S. Here are some places to find out more about Jesus: http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/ http://www.faithwriters.com

Mary Welch
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Mary Welch » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:20 pm

The Lord is my Shepherd: Salvation is a relationship
By Mary T. Welch

The Christian world often talks of getting “saved” without really explaining the concept or outcome. If we look at the term “saved,” we understand that we are being rescued from something dangerous and set in a place of safety. Think of quicksand. Nothing is provided that we can use to rescue ourselves: no ropes, no tree trunks, nothing. How do we keep from sinking? We yell for help, admitting that we cannot save ourselves. This is the first concept of salvation: we are sinking in the quicksand of our own humanity. The quicksand is the punishment for breaking God’s laws. Think of the Ten Commandments. We are not perfect; we cannot keep God’s laws. Sometimes this makes us mad at God, but He never expects us to be perfect; He just expects us to yell to him for help. As a parent, I see my toddler try to do something that is too hard for him, so I watch and wait for him to call for help. Humbling our pride and calling for help is the hard part, but we must admit that God is Great, and we aren’t.
The Lord is my Shepherd. “The Lord” is spelled LORD in the scriptures: All powerful, self-existent God. If I am sinking in quicksand, and two saviors are standing there to help: one has a good sturdy rope and the muscles to pull me while the other is trying to figure out how he can keep from stepping into the mire; I know who to call. The LORD is the only one with the rope and the muscles, so to speak. Jesus Christ, as Lord, God in the flesh, came to sink in the quicksand to pay for our failings. He alone had the power to die and come back to life. When I call to the LORD to rescue me, He becomes my shepherd. This is the relationship connection in salvation. Now I have a shepherd who walks with me. I am still human; I still wander over a rocky terrain, but He whispers in my heart, “No, not that way. Follow me.”
If the LORD loves me, why did he let me get into the quicksand in the first place? God as Creator loves His creation; but He wants to be loved and honored in return. His plan for this was to provide a way to rescue us from the quicksand and yet give us the choice of calling for Him or struggling on our own. This plan gives Him the love and honor due to the LORD of all creation.
The choice is ours to make: quicksand or Jesus Christ as savior and shepherd. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want or need another savior, another to guide me. The relationship factor is the stability, the sweet peace of salvation’s plan. Just Yell; He is waiting.
For relationship insights, see http://www.faithwriters.com or http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com.

ECSmith
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby ECSmith » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi. So…this is where you’ve decided to spend your remaining time; glancing over some random guy’s blog entry. You’ve probably never seen an entrance quite like this one, which is exactly why you can’t seem to take your eyes off the screen. Funny thing is…that was the plan the whole time. God’s not done with you yet. So before you roll the ball on the mouse, skipping ahead to the next blog, you just might want to hang with me for a minute or two. I have a message especially for you; yes…you.

Jesus was with you, when it seemed things couldn’t possibly get any worse. He allowed you to take the reins, chart your own course, and push forward with your own plans. I’m sure you probably felt as if you were alone for most of the journey. Who could you trust? People have a funny way of letting you down, just when you need a helpful hand. Unfortunately, that’s the way it goes in this life. People will always fail you. After you’ve been disappointed for so long, your heart grows numb and you start building up internal walls, right?

You may not see it, but trust me. Jesus was there. The fact is, some hearts are so full of anger and hurt, the Lord has to break them down totally, before they’re free and willing to accept his free gift. Now I see your snide look and can even hear your impatient huff. “What free gift,” you ask. The one you didn’t know you needed: Grace.

You’re tired; you’re weary; you’re sick of crying and ready for the world to stop bullying you. For once, you’d just like to have everything work out right, for a change. That’s where the Grace of the Lord comes in. There are no hidden clauses, penalties or dangers in trusting Him. All He asks is that you believe in Him; I mean seriously believe, friend. The power of His grace does the rest. The simplicity of it is this: it cannot be explained. It has to be experienced. You see, human logic doesn’t blend with the Holy power of the Lord. Trust and genuine belief are all that matter.

What have you got to lose? I mean, you’re here…right? This very moment is where life has driven you. So don’t think on it logically. Let’s just do it. Repeat after me:

"Lord, I can’t do this on my own anymore. I need your help, from here on out. Please come into my heart, Jesus. I want to believe in you, but I need your help. Please save me. I welcome you into my heart."

I think the Lord can take it from here. Thanks for sticking with me. You see, I understand because I had to go through the process, too. May God bless you, tonight.

http://www.faithwriters.com">FaithWriters
http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/">Learn More About Jesus
http://www.enniscsmith.blogspot.com
Tempered Steel; refine me Lord, as the blacksmith refines precious metal. Sift the impurities from my heart and soul, that I may some day prove to be precious in your sight. -ECS

Christine Ramey
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby Christine Ramey » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:46 pm

The God-Given Gift.

"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in the blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished"Romans 3:22-25 NIV

Christ dying on the cross was the ultimate sacrifice that God had given to us. The "gift" that He had given to us to live a life free of sin if we so chose to do so. Yet, many of us in our own sinful ways cannot see the goodness of this gift. We can't see it clearly because we have chosen to live outside of Him. But the good news is there is still a chance to obtain that freedom of living. However, that choice has been left up to us to make that change in our life. No one can do that change except for you.

Is the life you're currently living worth it? Is it worth leaving the goodness of Christ behind? If not, then today is that day to make the change. God has given us the gift to choose it, but it is up to us to accept it. How is then done? How do we accept God as our personal Savior, and leave the rest behind?

Matthew 7:7-8 NIV tells us, "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

The scriptures clearly tell us the first stepask. We first have to tell God that we are ready to be a child of His. Then, when we do this the doors will be opened. It's kind of like having a friend over for a birthday party. See, unless you want that friend to be invited then the friend wouldn't come. The same is true for God. He wants to be wanted, and invited.

Secondly, the old things we once did can be no more. We have to be get rid of them instantly. If we want to be called a Christian it's kind of hard to do this when our lifestyle does not show this way of life. How can we claim to be a Christian if our life doesn't match with what our words are saying? We need to be an example for others to live by. It is important to do this because we may be the only Christ others will ever see.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

So by changing the ways of the past, we can live our lives with Christ in the present as well as our future. By giving Christ our all and making Him Lord of our lives we can live the life that He wants us to live. We can only live that life in Him if we first ask Him into our hearts and lives, and secondly, if we live in step to His word.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:22-26 NIV

When we are right with God and our attitude is changed there is no limit as to what we can accomplish for God. But, we must live that life in Him and keep our faith alive.

Pray With Me Now: "Dear Lord, I ask you to come into my heart. I ask that you forgive me of my sins. Create in me a clean heart so that I may serve you. I love you Lord, Amen."

God gave the gift of His only Son to die on an old rugged cross for you and for me. How could we ever not want to love Him back?

"Father, Thank you for the gift of life, and for willingness to love me unconditionally. I love you, Father. Amen."

To learn more about walking with Christ you can see other sites as well by going to http://www.Faithwriters.com and http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com. You may also visit my blog at http://www.DevotionalsforBloggers.com. I hope that you have enjoyed it and that if you've accepted Christ please let me be aware so that I may pray for you daily. God Bless.

This is what I've already posted in the article section of the site. :)

csignor
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby csignor » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Salvation Was Paid
by Catherine Signor

From the day we are born, we go through so many things. Some of us grow up with wonderful childhoods and others do not. Many are born into families with money, while others grow up with a lot less. Many are born into this country and others are born in other countries.
However, we all have one thing in common, whether we are good people or not, we have all sinned. It doesn't matter if it is a "white lie" or murder, sin is sin. Sin separates us from God. Jesus came to redeem us back to God by paying the price of sin for everyone. He died on the cross and shed His blood that wipes out all sin. Jesus washes away all sin and makes us clean once again, but we must repent of sins and except Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
Along with salvation, there is healing for our bodies and minds. Peace of mind comes as we receive Jesus too. I'm inviting you now, to lay down your sins and take up Jesus by repeating after me. "Dear Jesus, I'm sorry for my sin, all those things that I have done and said that were displeasing to you. Dear Jesus, I ask you to come into my life and be my Lord and Savior. Thank you, dear Jesus".
Congratulations! You are now in the family of God and Jesus has become your Lord and Savior. To find out more on Salvation and your walk with Him, please go to http://www.faithwriters.com Or http://facebook.com/pages/Salvation-Is- ... 663?ref=ts

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:40 am

The Peace of Jesus

W-A-I-T! Whatever it is that is hurting you inside, nothing can be so bad that you no longer want to live! I speak from experience, so please take a moment and listen to me.

I’ve been where you are. I’ve had those nights when sleep was not my friend. All I wanted was just a few hours when I didn’t feel deep-seeded pain in my soul. And I’ve had those mornings after sleep did finally win that I woke to the same pain as I had yesterday and I’d wished my life would end.

But I’m here to share with you that you don’t have to ever feel the way you do this very moment again. Trust me!

My life story is nothing unique and you might wonder what was in my life that caused me to want it to end. I’m here to answer that question. It was FEAR! As a youngster growing up with an alcoholic father and an enabling mother, my fears went beyond the family dynamics. I believe my fears began with the purchase of the first family TV. Although the TV shows weren’t even close to what is portrayed on today’s TV, they had a tremendous and debilitating impact on my then seven-year old mind.

The fears progressed over the years to the point where I couldn’t enjoy life at all. All I wanted was the fears to stop. They remained rampant in my mind, my body and deep in my soul until one day in the office in which I worked, they ceased. Our computers went down and we had idle time until they could be brought back to functionality again. It was on that day in May of 1980 that one of the ladies in my department started talking about Jesus. As Supervisor of that department, I had hired this pastor’s wife a few months prior. Before our computers could be brought back to life, I had accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior.

I cried for three days because for the first time since I could remember, I was free. Not only was I free of the fears I had experienced for thirty years, but I had been saved from Hell which was, as I’ve learned since then, an even greater gift than my fears being removed.

You can have that freedom as well. God has a gift for you, unlike any gift you will ever receive in this life. Go to Him in the quiet of your heart and tell Him you’re sorry for everything you’ve ever done in your life. That’s called repentance. Then ask Him to be your Savior and give Him your life to do with as He directs you. From this day forward, He will direct your path. I promise you, this decision will be the best and most important decision you will ever make. In fact, until you make this decision, you will never know peace.

I invite you into the world of Jesus!

http://www.faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com

Next

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities