To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

A thought on John 14:20

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

BrotherLeeCT
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

A thought on John 14:20

Postby BrotherLeeCT » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am

In my Bible devotions I am going through the book of John, and I just want to share something that stood out to me. John 14:20 says “ye in me, and I in you.” This idea of “ye in me, and I in you” is the very definition of what a Christian is, and should be. “ye in me” equals salvation. We as Christians are in Christ, and by Him and Him alone, are we saved. “I in you” equals sanctification. As much as we are in Christ, Christ is in us. This should be evident (or shine through) in the way we act, live, talk, etc. We should also remember that He is always with us. We should keep this in mind, and if we are tempted to do wrong remember: If Christ was in the room (which He is) would you still be doing that action? This is sanctification. As I examine my own life I find many areas I need to allow the Lord to sine through more than I have in the past. Well, this is something I have been thinking about and I hope it helps you.

Return to Encouragement from the Word