I know the entries were low

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Shann

I know the entries were low

Post by Shann »

I know there weren't a lot of entries last week for agreement/disagreement and this week's employment but I hope you can still list the top 8-10 in each group, along with the overall top 20 or so. I've noticed there were several fairly new writers both weeks. I remember being discouraged and thinking I should quit when I didn't place in my level, but finding out I was in the highest rankings encouraged me so much! I hope you can list the top 8 or so.

Also, have both bonus prizes been put aside? It seemed like there were so many more comments when the bonus prize was out there. I loved winning it once!

Thank you again for all of the hard work that is poured into the challenge! It is soooooooooo appreciated. Once again, I'd love to help in any way I can whether it be helping the analogies get published, doing something with the challenge or whatever. FW has given me a big part of my life back and it would thrill me to pay that kindness forward.

Thanks again!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: I know the entries were low

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Shann. Level 1 was too low to do that with. I can only do the top 6. If you start to drop it down too low, it means less and becomes more obvious who didn't do well at all. Encouragement for some will mean discouragement for others. Better to think you were the next in line than to find out you weren't.
When a Level has more entries, we can definitely post more in the highest rankings.

I've seen the highest rankings become very discouraging in the past, and I don't want to go there again.

We definitely have a top 20, though, because Level 3 and 4 had quite a good number of entries.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison »

Hey Shann!

I think you're looking for this. http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... 54&t=34594

The highest ranked were posted, but it accidentally got put into a different section than normal. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)
Shann

Post by Shann »

Thank you so much Allison! There are so many people who don't know about it and I so enjoy telling them! :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”