To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Challenge Tips and Tricks

Here's where you can discuss everything to do with the Writing Challenge. Feel free to ask questions.
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Wren
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Challenge Tips and Tricks

Postby Wren » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Okay Red, I have succeeded in shattering my own nerves so I am going to go do something constructive outside...in the rain...and the cold...to get my mind off the Challenge. Thanks for kinda looking after me. I appreciate your kindness.
"You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club." Jack London

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

No worries Wren. I don't always check my email everyday. But if it looked good on the preview then it will turn out okay most likely. Some people don't realize they can hit the preview button so that advice is more to them. Every once in a while a piece gets through with weird symbols instead of quotes but most everyone realizes it is just a glitch and they understand. The judges also know that happens sometimes so don't stress about it! HUGS
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PottersClay
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby PottersClay » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Wren - I've entered plenty of challenges and ALWAYS copy and paste. I've never had any problems - I'm sure your submission will be fine.
Hallo, hallo, hallo Shann and all my other FW friends. I've missed you lots. Glad to be back!

Joan
Give me the love that leads the way,
The faith that nothing can dismay,
The hope no disappointments tire,
The passion that will burn like fire.
Let me not sink to be a clod,
Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God.
Amy Carmichael

Wren
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Wren » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Thank you, Shann. I betcha I don't do that again but I feel better having heard from you. It has taken me until today to figure out how to get to the msg on the board when it is not on the first page. I got a msg in my email to check this forum but nothing new was there. Duhhhhh, it took me stumbling around on the southern porch to find it. @Joan, thank you. I feel better today. I thought well, I did the best I could. I didn't wait on my help so I have only me to blame but...I got a handle on it now and I hope to be ready for the next one. You guys are fantastic and have made my day!
"You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club." Jack London

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:06 pm

As I've mentioned in another post, I just wrote a whole book of tips--not just for the challenge but helpful for all creative writing. Check out Bring Your Writing to Life here: http://www.sparrowsflight.net/Amys-books.htm
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

naasw
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby naasw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Have a question: How do I put italics into a plain text document (for submission to the Challenge)? Likely, I'm just overlooking something. Thanks in advance.

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Allison » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:27 pm

naasw wrote:Have a question: How do I put italics into a plain text document (for submission to the Challenge)? Likely, I'm just overlooking something. Thanks in advance.

For italics, use <i>text goes here</i>
Bold: <b>text goes here</b>

And you can imbed them to make it bold and italic, like this <b><i>text goes here</i></b>
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

naasw
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby naasw » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:24 am

Excellent, Allison. Many thanks.

Previous

Return to Writing Challenge - General Discussion