To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

New Writers Want to Feel some Love

FaithWriters want your input to help make FaithWriters even better. What do writers really want? If you know the answer, post here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards

msmustardseed
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

New Writers Want to Feel some Love

Postby msmustardseed » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Faith Writer Members:

I believe new members are looking for acceptance and friendship as well as writing support. We can show our support by welcoming on the Newbie Nook and sending lots of individual messages.

Shann

Re: New Writers Want to Feel some Love

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:02 pm

We do have a birthday page in here somewhere and a who's who page so you can link the username with the real name and know who's who!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31700

Often if a member has a birthday someone will start a thread in the Water thingy page man my brain is fuzzy sorry I can't think of what i want--oh yeah the water Cooler! (Good grief time for me to go rest again)

I do try to check the newbie nook at least twice a week and try to give a somewhat personal welcome. I'll recommend things or spots that they might be interested in or just ramble on about some of the highlights.

Here's the Who's who list and I'm going to find that birthday list. I need to update the who's who list as well. I haven't done it in a few months, but I'm going to wait until I feel a tad stronger. You wouldn't think laying in a hospital bed for 8 days would be so tiresome but it is!

It looks like Birthday List may have been lost when the system crashed a bit ago. But if you wanted Jersey girl, I bet you could start a thread like the Who's who and people would give you their birthdays then you could organize it by the months. I know BusBoss was doing that a year or two ago.

Here's a link to the Southern Porch regulars birthdays.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=birthday+list&start=15
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Feedback for FaithWriters