To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

If you want to be an occasional Challenge Buddy....

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

RedBaron

If you want to be an occasional Challenge Buddy....

Postby RedBaron » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Please post if/when you're available and what types of entries you'd feel more comfortable helping with - prose, poetry, devotionals, etc.

And when you're not, edit your post to say you're too busy and then re-edit it for when you are again :)

Something like this:
Hi! I'm available from Oct. 1 - Oct. 8 to be a last minute challenge buddy for poetry! Drop me a PM if you need some help. Be sure to get it to me before 8:00 pm, so I can get it back to you quickly.

And then if you can't, simply edit your post, or add a new one that says you're not available until further notice.

Awesome idea from the ladies in the other thread :superhappy
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Re: If you want to be an occasional Challenge Buddy....

Postby Shann » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 pm

I am available to help anyone at anytime. I'm not great at poetry, my favorite genres are children's, humor, devotionals, suspense, and fiction but am willing to take a stab at anything. Just give me 24-48 hours as Idon't get on computer everyday. PM if you are interested.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

kthomas7
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby kthomas7 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Being an occasional buddy helps me lots!!! I need a buddy or two myself for the writing challenge, but I am an English teacher and grade/critique LOTS of writing constantly. Right now I'm out for Christmas break and can "buddy" until January 2! Doesn't matter what it is!

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 am

We have a small group with Shari (Redbaron) Glynnis and myself. Shari set up a yahoo account for us. As of yet, we all haven't submitted for the same topic and I do procrastinate. It would be great to have another member. Try PM RedBaron and ask her to invite you to group. It is from Yahoo and the messages get sent via email. I'd give you info but I'm not sure I always do it right, but I,too, will PM Shari and ask her to show you what to do.

Or if you'd prefer one buddy instead of a small group you can PM then I'll give you my email and will proof your story (as best that I can) and give you feedbacks about what will or won't work. God bless!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:43 pm

PM sent :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

violin4jesus
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:57 am

Does it matter what level you are in? Is it just giving pointers and suggestions for making it better? Grammar/spelling corrections?

I can be a Challenge buddy anytime. I am not actively participating in the Challenge since, oh, almost a year ago, but maybe helping someone will stimulate my creativity. I have just been completely idea-less, with other things to focus on like my job, cleaning, and cooking, besides hanging out with my husband. But I do miss writing.

My schedule is often PACKED, so give me plenty of time to look at your entry - at least by Monday night if the deadline is Thursday morning. I work overnights so I may not respond until late afternoon/evening PST.

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Leah, it doesn't matter what level you are in. There are a couple of groups that have multi-level writers in them. I'm happy to see you back on the boards! I've missed ya! :mrgreen: :thumbs
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups