To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

A Christmas Message...Giving Birth to Jesus

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

jo555
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

A Christmas Message...Giving Birth to Jesus

Postby jo555 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 pm

“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. ~Luke 1:34-36

On that very special and very first Christmas Eve humanity and the world at large was on the brink of receiving the most precious gift of all. It came equipped with passionate love, lowly humility, and was wrapped in the weakness of humanity. A child was about to be born unto us, delivered by the hands of God, and through the womb of a young woman named Mary.

This perfect gift was no ordinary child. This child was the Son of God. Emmanuel (Jesus), God with us.

For a season Jesus left his privileged life in his Father’s home so that He may also become Son of man; to deliver us from our present darkness and make a way for us to come home. His mission was full of sorrows for He bore our pain and sufferings, carried our weaknesses and sins, and was rejected and despised by many, even among his own people.

This would also cost Him his dear life, but when He had poured out his soul even unto death He would find satisfaction in seeing his Seed grow and his Father’s will prosper in his hands. Furthermore, since he took on our humanity, becoming intimately acquainted with it, He has become our perfect advocate who intercedes for us according to Father's will.

Through his passionate love for his Father, and his labor of love for humanity, his Seed now lives in all who will come to believe and receive Him. Now we, like Mary, can give birth to the life of Jesus through the gift of his Holy Spirit. This glorious miracle takes place in us because He came, died, and rose again.

John 12:23-28
Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!”

Saint, what is it that grieves your heart? Do not fear the labor pains that come from the longer route of walking out your humanity. Instead, take it to the Lord so that his Spirit can birth the life of Jesus implanted in you. Truly, our present sufferings are but a light affliction that is greatly overshadowed in the joy of new birth; a labor of love.

This is the new way Father paved for us. He gave us the most precious gift of all in giving us the gift of his Holy Spirit through the gift of his Son Jesus. In turn we are then given the awesome privilege of allowing his Spirit to birth the life of Jesus in and through us. This gift cannot be earned, we receive it as we come into faith in Jesus.

This Christmas, and always, may we give thanks for the most blessed gift of Jesus. God with us is truly the greatest gift of all that resides in every believer through the most blessed gift of his Holy Spirit.

If you haven't accepted this blessed gift from our Heavenly Father, believe and receive it for now is the day of salvation. If you don't find the desire and belief inside your heart, ask Him for it, then allow Him to open your heart to his so that you may believe and recieve the precious gift of Jesus. Don't despair if it doesn't happen instantly, He isn't looking to force Himself on us so it can take Him awhile to turn us around. Keep asking, seeking, and knocking...and the door will be opened. Just don't do his part, it is a gift to be received. We receive and as He does the most important work within (and that can come as He makes some landscape changes, and does some shrouding in darkness, to help us go deeper).

Happy Birthday Jesus,
and Merry Christmas to all.

~I'm looking forward to writing more on this topic in the coming year, God willing. I also don't necessarily believe all Spiritual birthings come with labor pains, but "overall" while we live in this present broken world.
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

Return to Encouragement from the Word