To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Book date estimate?

Information and announcements about new Mixed Blessings Anthologies which are a compilation of the Editors' Choice winning Writing Challenge entries.

Moderator: Deb Porter

BettyDee
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Book date estimate?

Postby BettyDee » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:59 am

Any idea on when the next FW anthologies will be out? I understand they are behind, but thought maybe somebody might have an idea. It's been a very long time.
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

CatLin

Re: Book date estimate?

Postby CatLin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm wondering too, Betty.
Anyone?
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Yes, it would be nice to get an update. I think it would also spark additional interest, or at least maintain an interest in submitting to the Challenge.
Sure, you write to hone your skills, receive feedback, etc. However, possible publication is an added incentive.

So, anyone who knows :?:

Lillian :typing2
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

ECSmith
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby ECSmith » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:19 pm

...patiently waiting for some confirmation, as well, ladies. I'd like to get my hands on a copy.
Tempered Steel; refine me Lord, as the blacksmith refines precious metal. Sift the impurities from my heart and soul, that I may some day prove to be precious in your sight. -ECS

Extramilegirl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Extramilegirl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:38 pm

I agree with a previous post that the added benefit of being published keeps up interest. I have found myself not as motivated or interested in FaithWriters and have considered dropping my membership because the books are so far behind and there's no word on how soon we can expect to see something. It seems that they are literally years behind. That's certainly been a frustration of mine.

Wrider

Postby Wrider » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 am

I've been waiting a long time, too. I'm glad I got one book that had a piece of mine in it, but I have many more and was really looking forward to seeing them in the anthologies. From what I gather, they're still coming, and the Challenge page still says they are doing the books but... no word yet. It's true, I write in the Challenges for several reasons, but the books were definitely an added incentive. If I understood correctly, switching publishing routes was part of the holdup, but that was the last I heard and that was quite a while ago.

Anybody here heard anything at all about a time frame???
Rachel B

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Sorry!!! This one slipped by me.

I was talking to Scott yesterday, and I said they are my priority, but they aren't necessarily going to be in order of Challenges.

Again, I'm really sorry I can't give anything more definite at the moment, but if you were a winner in one of the more recent Challenges, you may be surprised to be published sooner than you think.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Deb Porter wrote:Sorry!!! This one slipped by me.

but if you were a winner in one of the more recent Challenges, you may be surprised to be published sooner than you think.

Love, Deb

Just wondering what 'more recent' means, and why. :? Does it have to do with the change in Judges?

Fortunate 500

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

joyfuldaisy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby joyfuldaisy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Yes, what does "more recent" mean? I have one from around 2007 that I have been waiting to see! :)

yvonne

Postby yvonne » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 pm

joyfuldaisy wrote:Yes, what does "more recent" mean? I have one from around 2007 that I have been waiting to see! :)

Sigh.... I understand you. My first EC was in Oct. of '07,
and my husband has stopped asking me when my stories will be published.

:sorry

CatLin

Postby CatLin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 pm

My first was in June of '07. My husband has stopped asking, also, Vonnie. I think he's more frustrated than I am. Being published was a huge draw and a big encouragement to me to strive harder and do well in the challenges. But now I'm wondering if it will ever happen, and my enthusiasm has waned. I don't mean to sound like a whiner or complainer, but some concrete information would be VERY cool.
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)

yvonne

Postby yvonne » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 am

I know Deb has tons to do (with the publishing process being changed ), and now with Scott passing the torch, the new owners need to get established. I'm willing to wait knowing the books will come eventually.

I've come to the place in the Weekly Challenge that the contest aspect and the hope for being published in the anthologies are minor benefits. I view the Challenge as a weekly prompt to exercise my writing skills and keep my mind sharp. If I place, great! - If I don't, that's okay, too. (Perhaps, I need to view the books in the same way. If they are published, great! - If not, that's okay, too.)

Faithwriters is much more than winning an EC or having a story printed in a book; it's family of writers who have become such close friends. I'd hate for it to fall apart in this rough stretch of change. :grouphug

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:35 am

yvonne wrote:Faithwriters is much more than winning an EC or having a story printed in a book; it's family of writers who have become such close friends. I'd hate for it to fall apart in this rough stretch of change. :grouphug

Caitlin wrote: I don't mean to sound like a whiner or complainer, but some concrete information would be VERY cool.

You've both expressed my long held thoughts and beliefs. On some level, I think the drop-off of submissions to the Challenge reflects the thoughts of many. I, too, want Faithwriters to thrive, and I hope "concrete information" about the books with be forthcoming in the near future from Deb and/or the new owners.

In the meantime, I'll just keep sending in my submissions, win or lose. My motto is: Even without an EC, I will not D/C :roll: :helpwobble

Fortunate 500

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:52 am

CatLin wrote:My first was in June of '07. My husband has stopped asking, also, Vonnie. I think he's more frustrated than I am. Being published was a huge draw and a big encouragement to me to strive harder and do well in the challenges. But now I'm wondering if it will ever happen, and my enthusiasm has waned. I don't mean to sound like a whiner or complainer, but some concrete information would be VERY cool.

I've been waiting since 2006. It is rather embarrassing, because I've told several people I was to be in a book, or books, actually. Nobody asks me any more. I think it's possible they assumed I was fibbing.

I've heard recently the books may not be published in order, either. Not sure that is fair for those of us who have waited so long and so patiently. And I don't want to seem like a whiner, either. I understand how busy everyone is, and I understand there will be challenges with the FW site having new owners. I still can't help feeling disappointed, though.

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 am

yvonne wrote:I know Deb has tons to do (with the publishing process being changed ), and now with Scott passing the torch, the new owners need to get established. I'm willing to wait knowing the books will come eventually.

I've come to the place in the Weekly Challenge that the contest aspect and the hope for being published in the anthologies are minor benefits. I view the Challenge as a weekly prompt to exercise my writing skills and keep my mind sharp. If I place, great! - If I don't, that's okay, too. (Perhaps, I need to view the books in the same way. If they are published, great! - If not, that's okay, too.)

Faithwriters is much more than winning an EC or having a story printed in a book; it's family of writers who have become such close friends. I'd hate for it to fall apart in this rough stretch of change. :grouphug

Boy, do I understand this. When I first entered the challenge, I was barely aware of the books. The first time I placed, I cried. The FW community welcomed me with open arms and I loved the fellowship and friends I made. One of my best friends in the world is someone I met on FW. If you're reading this, you know who you are (Miss LaNaye). LOL! There are many others I've come to love as well.

However, when you are promised something in good faith, I think it should happen. The challengeers upheld their part of the agreement when they entered.

We all understand being overwhelmed as we've all been there. I don't think it's too much to ask for an answer one way or the other. And now you are two cents richer.

Next

Return to Challenge Books - Mixed Blessings