To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Private Messages

FaithWriters want your input to help make FaithWriters even better. What do writers really want? If you know the answer, post here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards

Sindrew
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Private Messages

Postby Sindrew » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:39 pm

I know others have commented on accessing private messages but has there been discussion on paying by the month or how to let people know of a better way to contact you? I have two pending messages but I am very hesitant to spend $48 to read someone trying to sell me something or even someone sending me personal attacks about my writing.

But if someone is waiting for me to respond so they can print my article then I am missing out on an opportunity. But since public feedback is accepted I do wonder if my initial concerns about my private messages are correct since someone could leave public feedback with their contact information if they had a legitimate reason to get in touch.

Just my thoughts. Thanks

Andrew

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Private Messages

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes, the monthly payment has been suggested in the past, and Scott did allow it once for the memberships and the private messages, BUT the obvious happened. People signed up, checked their messages, then immediately cancelled. As this is all done manually, it was creating major headaches administratively.

The best option is really to sign up for a Gold membership and get the benefits of that as well, including the Challenge.

If the messages are driving you nuts, you can sort of tell by the email notification you received whether it may be worth checking into. Their are writing opportunity ones that will say that in the notification, and they are sent out to a broad number of members. The other type are most often from someone contacting you after reading something you wrote (most often by other members).

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

franabelle
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby franabelle » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Bea - here I am again with a problem. I am a gold member but I got a notice saying I have a private message and if I want to read it I have to become a gold or platinum member.

Here's what I think the problem is. I joined and called myself franabelle. Then a week ago when I tried to log in I couldn't get in. On a computer teacher's advice, I wrote my user name as FranaHamilton and got a new password. When I try to log in franabelle comes up, but I can't log in so I put in the other user name FranaHamilton and my new password. When I ask to see articles I have posted (3 or 4 free articles and 3 or 4 challenge articles), "it" says I have no articles.

Dear me - I hope you or Mike can help me untangle myself.

Frana Hamilton aka franabelle

Deb Porter

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi Frana.

I'll forward this message on to Mike and Bea, just in case they miss it here.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 pm

The best way to get this fixed is to send a message here http://www.faithwriters.com/corp-contact.php :)

franabelle wrote:Bea - here I am again with a problem. I am a gold member but I got a notice saying I have a private message and if I want to read it I have to become a gold or platinum member.

Here's what I think the problem is. I joined and called myself franabelle. Then a week ago when I tried to log in I couldn't get in. On a computer teacher's advice, I wrote my user name as FranaHamilton and got a new password. When I try to log in franabelle comes up, but I can't log in so I put in the other user name FranaHamilton and my new password. When I ask to see articles I have posted (3 or 4 free articles and 3 or 4 challenge articles), "it" says I have no articles.

Dear me - I hope you or Mike can help me untangle myself.

Frana Hamilton aka franabelle
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Return to Feedback for FaithWriters