How many get listed in highest rankings?

The Challenge winners will be posted here two weeks after entries close for each topic, and the Highest Ranked entries will be posted sometime later that day or the next.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

JennaDawn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

How many get listed in highest rankings?

Post by JennaDawn »

I'm just wondering if there is a certain percentage that is used to determine how many entries are posted in the highest rankings. I notice this week that there are 29 entries in Level 1 and the top 10 are listed. In Level 4 there are also 29 entries, yet the top 15 are listed. Is there a rhyme or reason as to how many are listed for each division and for highest overall rankings?

Just curious. :)

Thanks!

Jen
GO WRITE SOMETHING!!!

Jennifer Suchey

http://theauthorwithin.wordpress.com/
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: How many get listed in highest rankings?

Post by Deb Porter »

Jen, Colin asked the same question in another thread. It's not an exact science, but just roughly depends on how many entries overall, and how many in a particular level made it into the top ratings overall.

In this case, 12 of the top entries overall were from Level 4. So although I would normally have only made it the top 10 for Level 4 because of the number of entries, as I did with Level 1, it seemed kind of pointless to do that with 12 of those entries being in the top 15 overall. So to be nice, I added the next three in the list for Level 4, which is why there are 15.

In Level 1, no entries made it into the top rankings overall. So we just had the top 5 for that level, as well as another 5.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Colswann1
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Colswann1 »

A similar thing, of equal scores between levels 1 and 4, happened for 'Much Ado About Nothing' with a the main ranking grouping having no level 1 in that main group, and they were levelled pegged for ranking listing. :)
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Okay, to keep everyone happy, I've added the next five in the rankings to the Level 1 list.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Colswann1
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Colswann1 »

Jiffer wrote:I'm just wondering if there is a certain percentage that is used to determine how many entries are posted in the highest rankings. I notice this week that there are 29 entries in Level 1 and the top 10 are listed. In Level 4 there are also 29 entries, yet the top 15 are listed. Is there a rhyme or reason as to how many are listed for each division and for highest overall rankings?
You can see Jen how pleased Allison was to get 11th place in level 4, which was a great achievement and I hope you enjoy your 12th place in your level too. Congratulations to the two of you!
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

Return to “Results and Highest Rankings”