The Book Proposal

Discussion for Platinum members about the current Page Turner Writing Contest

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

marcifranseen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

The Book Proposal

Post by marcifranseen »

My first chapter is finished and I'm working on the book proposal. As I've NEVER done anything like this before, I don't know if I'm doing the book proposal right. I wrote a few paragraphs covering the happenings in the book, but I'm not real sure just how much detail to include or if a paragraph format is the right way to present the idea. Anyway, I wondered if anyone who has written a book proposal would have insight that would help me, or if there are any samples I could look at?

Thanks!! Marcella
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: The Book Proposal

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Marcella.

When it comes to the Page Turner, don't panic. It's very relaxed as far as the synopsis. You don't need to write it in the same way you would if writing to a publisher or agent. We just want to know that the promise of the first chapter is going to be fulfilled in the rest of the book. So it's just a general overview of the storyline.

However, it would be really good to include information about your target audience (particularly age).

In a normal book proposal, you would include a lot more information (such as the need for this particular book; other books like it; why your book is different and special; etc.). However, we don't need that much detail for the contest. Just relax and tell us about it.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

marcifranseen
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: The Book Proposal

Post by marcifranseen »

Thanks, Deb.

That helps a lot. According to what you wrote, my proposal is probably sufficient. I just took a deep breath and relaxed. :)

Marcella Franseen

Return to “Page Turner Writing Contest”