To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Offering to be a fill-in critiquer

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Sparrow

Offering to be a fill-in critiquer

Postby Sparrow » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi guys, I don't enter the challenge much anymore since I'm focusing on my novels now, but having my challenge stories critiqued every week was a big part of how I got to where I am as a writer. I'd love to be able to give back some of what others gave to me. I have a local "live" critique group and critique buddies for my non-challenge stuff I'm writing, but I'd love to give challenge critiques for those who need it any given week.

So I'm offering myself to be a fill-in critiquer. If you have a week everyone else is busy or just feel like you want another perspective on your work, feel free to send it to me. I do not critique poetry, but any other genre is great. My email is Amy [at] sparrowsflight [dot] net

I will mark grammar stuff as well as flow, continuity, and realistic dialogue, and will help you do more showing and less telling. I try to not only mark wrong (and right ;) ) things, but also try to explain why I am marking it. I've had short stories published many times, I run a collaborative fiction group called Peculiar People, and I've taught a workshop at the FW conference the last couple of years. I also did freelance editing for a while.

Blessings!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

helen1975
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Offering to be a fill-in critiquer

Postby helen1975 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 am

Hi Amy!

Given your very busy schedule, that's a wonderful offer! If I'm ever stuck for someone I'll most definitely send you an email :D

Blessings,

Helen

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:38 am

Did you see my thread here? :)

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=33877
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:11 pm

RedBaron wrote:Did you see my thread here? :)

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=33877

You posted that thread after I did this thread, so I didn't see it. Thanks for the link. Cool.

Given your very busy schedule, that's a wonderful offer!

Thanks. :) I actually have lots of time, but am more limited on energy. But I enjoy critiquing.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Odd, I didn't see this thread lol. :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups