To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 4:32-37

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 4:32-37

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:44 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

As we are at the end of chapter 4, we will be taking a break from this for a couple of months. I usually write on 4 chapters at a time, so please be patient and we will be back with the book of Acts next year.

Please take time to view the links at the bottom of these messages and please don't forget to pass on these messages to all your friends and groups.

Let's get the WORD out into the world.

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

GIFTS FROM GOD
Acts chapter 4

32Now the company of believers was of one heart and soul, and not one of them claimed that anything which he possessed was [exclusively] his own, but everything they had was in common and for the use of all.
33And with great strength and ability and power the apostles delivered their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace (loving-kindness and favor and goodwill) rested richly upon them all.
34Nor was there a destitute or needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses proceeded to sell them, and one by one they brought ( gave back) the amount received from the sale.
35And laid it at the feet of the apostles (special messengers). Then distribution was made according as anyone had need.
36Now Joseph, a Levite and native of Cyprus who was surnamed Barnabas by the apostles, which interpreted means Son of Encouragement,
37Sold a field which belonged to him and brought the sum of money and laid it at the feet of the apostles.

Dear Friends

Solomon said 'there is nothing new under the sun'. The communists try and tell us that their so called philosophy is new. Well here it is, being practised in the New Testament church.. nearly 2000 years before.
When you read verse 32, there seems to be a real freedom in the church. Nothing was off limits. What the believers had they shared for the benefit of all. We do tend to have the attitude that My things are mine and no one else's. This is not the way it was in the early church and it is how it should be in the present day.
The believers saw their possessions as a gift from God, they saw them as given to them by God. We need to look on the things that God has given us as gifts from Himself and not earned by us. Maybe then and only then, will we let them be used for their rightful purpose and that is to glorify the Lord and to bless others. Have you a possession that can be used to benefit other believers and is presently living in a drawer gathering dust?
Maybe it is a Bible. that you could send to a needy believer in Africa or Asia?. It is reckoned that the average believer in the developed world has 4-6 bibles and literally hundreds of Christian books. Maybe you should either read them or use them to benefit other believers.
In verse 34 , no one was in need. People in the church, saw the need and sold houses and fields. It seems to me, that those, who had money, had no problem giving it up, to help their fellows brethren. Oh for that to happen in today's church.
We are given a practical example of this by Barnabas. Now I love Barnabas, because the Lord has graciously given me, the gift of encouragement. I just want to say one thing about this gift. It is so wonderful to be given it by the Lord. To help and to encourage people in their faith is a unique privilege
May we all seek to bless each other, whether in financial terms or by just saying a word in season
God bless you
Keith

Featured Website

Barnabas was a man of integrity and courage. Here is a website to help modern day men, become the same.

http://www.menofintegrity.org/about.html

Special Song

I hope you like this wonderful song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReyopJalSDs

My website

Please read this wonderful Page

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ain-Ablaze
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word