To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

How to be a well in the dessert

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

myrisha
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

How to be a well in the dessert

Postby myrisha » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:30 pm

There are many times in your life when asking God "How do I make it?" are the only words you can part from your lips. How do I stay together when everything is falling apart? How do I praise you when all others are cursing your name? How can I have faith when all hope seems lost?
There is one name you can call when all others fail. That name is Jesus Christ. A name so powerful that it cleanses the heart and purifies the soul. A name so holy that man cannot touch it. A name so powerful that it washes away all sin and give life even to the dead. Who is this God that created such a world full of love and prosperity? Jesus is the only one who can turn water into wine. Who can raise men from the dead. Who can walk on water right before the very eyes of men who doubt him.
When you surrender your life to God you will know what's it like to have a well in the dessert. You will see the water springing up out of nowhere in what men called a dry place. No mirages or hallucinations. His favor will make you prosper,your enemies bow down and say "What God is this?" in awe of his magnificence. When you give God your all there will be no dry place for every place you go wells will spring up just for you. How do I know?
A while ago I was in God's grace. His favor surrounded my life but I stepped out of his will. His plans for me had vanished from my sight and my own will took over. I lost the vision he once instilled in me and caused his blessings to leave my presence. I know his favor because it's only when something of value is gone that we sincerely appreciate it.

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: How to be a well in the dessert

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:34 am

thanks for this beautiful post and for your honesty

keith
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word