To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 2:5-13

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 2:5-13

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:07 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

What a joy it is to share with you once again, as we continue through the Book of Acts.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message

The disciples are out on the streets of Jerusalem. Excitement is building... the disciples are going to see the fulfillment of every promise Jesus made to them. Can you imagine the scene. Picture the scene in your mind and know that this can and will happen in the present day as God hasn't changed and neither has his power to save.. amen

Read on dear friend

God Bless you

Keith

THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL

Acts 2:5-13

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

These were amazing scenes. Jerusalem had been in uproar over Passover due to the Death and Resurrection of Jesus and now it was going to be turned upside down again by the first sermon preached by the apostles.

Certain things just speak to me out of this passage and I just want to share them with you.

In verse 6 it says that they were confounded because they heard the gospel in their native tongue. How often does it say about the gospel later in Acts that it confounded people, note it did not confuse them.

The gospel rises above anything else that is here on earth, it is simple so that a child can understand it and is so intricate that the finest philosopher can relate to it. But it confounds every known notion of man, because it is the power of God unto salvation-AMEN

In verse 7 it says they were all amazed, let me ask you this are people amazed at your Christianity and mine? Does it make them totally astonished about the changes that have taken place in our lives and if not , why not?

God is seeking to stir the church and by so doing so.. He can shake nations. It is only when God moves in revival power in His church that the world can be shaken.. amen. See 2 Chronicles 7:14-20.

In verse 11, the crowd said that the disciples proclaimed the wonderful works of God and words of God, nothing else. They did not promote themselves, but Jesus. Do we?

In verses 12-13 we have the different responses people make, some want to probe deeper saying, what is the meaning of this and others like in verse 13 will mock, we must be prepared to meet both responses.

Everyone who was there on that day were not saved, it says in verse 41 of chapter 2 that it was those who gladly received the word.

We must realise that some people will refuse and ridicule us and never come to Christ, our job once we have presented the gospel is to leave them with the Lord and let Him deal with them.

What a day this was, amazing things were just starting to happen.

It would be great if we had something like that happen in our town or area, after all, God has not changed and neither has The Holy Spirit changed. Our message must never change, that of Christ crucified and risen again, but our methods can and will adapt.

Let the world be amazed by us as it was on this day

God bless you

Keith

Special Song

Please sing along and worship the Lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-snsXw ... 23DEA321D8

Featured Website

Please pray for and support the brilliant work of the Gideons. Click on the location you live in to see their work in your country

http://www.gideons.org/Splash.aspx

My website

Please read the home page of the site. I especially challenge you to go to the bottom of this page and click on the preaching links.. they are wonderful

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word