To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 1:6-8

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 1:6-8

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue May 24, 2011 2:02 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps
GOD OWNS THE TIMES AND SEASONS

I hope you are keeping up.. we are now advancing into Chapter 1. Hope you are being blessed and will share these writings with others.

Please take time to click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message.

God bless you

Keith

Spirit Steps

Acts 1

6 So when they were assembled, they asked Him, Lord, is this the time when You will reestablish the kingdom and restore it to Israel?
7 He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know [b]what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed [c]years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power.
8 But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.

After three years of sharing things with the apostles, Jesus leaves one of his most important statements until last.
Jesus had outlined the apostles commission in Matthew 28:19-20, saying that he had ALL AUTHORITY, the Greek word used here for authority is EXOUSIA.
Now he tells the apostles how that is going to be achieved, and that is through the power of the Holy Spirit, and the Greek word used here is DUNAMIS, which means dynamic or dynamo.
Let me say that every power station in the world, cannot compare to the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit. It makes timid men strong see Acts 2.

In verse 7, it states that the Father owns the times and the seasons. It is the Father and no one else, who knows when Jesus.. the Son.. will return. It is not for us to worry about this, our job is to be about sharing and preaching Christ Crucified and Risen Again.. amen
Also in verse 8, Jesus states that they are to be witnesses to Him to the ends of the earth, they thought it would just be in Israel. Do we like Peter have a small vision?
The Greek word for witnesses is MATUROS meaning martyr. Their is a cost for testifying to your Lord.
The question is are you prepared to pay that price to testify of Him.
May my /your answer always be yes.
Here I am Lord SEND ME.
Be blessed

Keith

Featured Website

Please read the wonderful poetry of My dear friend Ann Hart

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl? ... oetry=true

My website

Please read this wonderful page and share it with your unbelieving friends.. Jesus is alive..AMEN

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive

Special Song

This is wonderful. I hope you enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXjksN-Fn18
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word