To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Need Lots of Verses-- Bible Challenge

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Flower
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Need Lots of Verses-- Bible Challenge

Postby Flower » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi, what verses do you guys know about what God thinks about Christians (or people in general)?

I already know Psalm 147:11, John 3:16 (of course), Psalm 103:11, and many of the verses that talk about fatherly discipline.

I have the tendency to get negative about this. I believe God loves me, but sometimes its like I only believe it in my head. I'm looking for ammo here. :wink:

Thanks

Shepherd01
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: Need Lots of Verses-- Bible Challenge

Postby Shepherd01 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Flower wrote:Hi, what verses do you guys know about what God thinks about Christians (or people in general)?

I already know Psalm 147:11, John 3:16 (of course), Psalm 103:11, and many of the verses that talk about fatherly discipline.

I have the tendency to get negative about this. I believe God loves me, but sometimes its like I only believe it in my head. I'm looking for ammo here. :wink:

Thanks

Hello Flower

This passage comes to mind for you, and I know there are plenty more:

Ephesians 2:4-7 "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus."

Blessings...

Shepherd01
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Shepherd01 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 pm

And this one too lol:

Psalm 100:5 "For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

and

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

Psalm 1:1-3 "1 Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers."

Psalm 91 The whole thing lol:

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
Forever.

Lamentations 3:232-23 " Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."

Then there's all the Blessings in Deuteronomy 28:1-14. God says that if we love Him and obey His commands, then we will prosper in all that we do.

Deuteronomy 28:9-13 "Blessings for Obedience
“If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. 2 You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God:
3 Your towns and your fields
will be blessed.
4 Your children and your crops
will be blessed.
The offspring of your herds and flocks
will be blessed.
5 Your fruit baskets and breadboards
will be blessed.
6 Wherever you go and whatever you do,
you will be blessed.

7 “The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven!

8 “The Lord will guarantee a blessing on everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.

9 “If you obey the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways, the Lord will establish you as his holy people as he swore he would do. 10 Then all the nations of the world will see that you are a people claimed by the Lord, and they will stand in awe of you.

11 “The Lord will give you prosperity in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you, blessing you with many children, numerous livestock, and abundant crops. 12 The Lord will send rain at the proper time from his rich treasury in the heavens and will bless all the work you do. You will lend to many nations, but you will never need to borrow from them. 13 If you listen to these commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today, and if you carefully obey them, the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always be on top and never at the bottom. 14 You must not turn away from any of the commands I am giving you today, nor follow after other gods and worship them.

And finally James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Hope this helps. Nice to meet you by the way, I'm a newbie here from Australia... :-)

Shepherd01
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Shepherd01 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:45 pm

But wait - there's more!

Psalm 35:27-28 "27 Let them shout for joy and be glad,
Who favor my righteous cause;
And let them say continually,
“Let the LORD be magnified,
Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
28 And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness
And of Your praise all the day long.

and

Psalm 36:5-9 "5 Your mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
6 Your righteousness is like the great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O LORD, You preserve man and beast.

7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
9 For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light. "

Hope you have a very Happy New Year!

Shepherd01
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Shepherd01 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:22 pm

You did say lots :-)

Romans 5:5 "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

puregrace7
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Some More Ammo for you...

Postby puregrace7 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:03 pm

I think we all, at sometime in our walk with God, struggle with the "Does God really love me?" question. The reason we struggle with it stems from the fact that we know ourselves - who we are, what we are capable of and what lurks in the deepest recesses of our heart. We think that if God knows us like we know us, He couldn't possibly love us.

Like you said, we may know He loves us in our mind but our heart just hasn't caught up with it yet. You are looking for the answers in the right place because God gave us His Word to reveal His Truth - Who He is, the greatness of His love for us and even His will for His love in our lives.

As we grow in Him, walk with Him, and learn to know Him for ourselves, He gives us a calm assurance - a sweet peace - of the length and depth and breadth and height of His love. Not His general love for His children but His personal, intimate, all knowing love for you!

And the one thing that validates that love to me, more than anything else, came from Jesus' own prayer - the one He prayed shortly before His time came to give Himself to death so we all could live forever with Him and God in Heaven. We have the priviledge to listen in on that prayer in John 17. Verses 20 - 26 tells us what He prayed about for us in particular.

What Jesus asked was that the world might know that God sent Jesus and that God loves His children with the very same love that He loves Jesus. He declared that the love God loved Jesus with would be in us because, as believers, He (Jesus) would be in us.

Now if you bring that on home to you - you have the absolute Word of Jesus that God loves you with the same love that He loves Jesus. That love is steadfast, unshakeable and permanent. God could never love you more than He does right now - nor could He ever love you less!

God's love for you is powerful and yet tender. He cares about you and for you. Psalm 139: 1-24 opens a window into God's heart about how meticulously He knows and watches over you 24/7. He always knows where you are, what you are doing, what you are thinking and even why you are thinking it. He knows every moment of your past, present and future. And He loves you - fully, completely and unconditionally.

He wants you, with that Truth and with that knowledge to rest in His love for you - be fully content in His love for you - and, most of all, be completely at peace in His unfailing love for you.

Return to Encouragement from the Word