To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a joy to share with you once again. God's word is so precious, it is so amazing. I do hope you are blessed by what God has laid on my heart.. ALL GLORY TO GOD. He alone is my inspiration, it is through His Holy Spirit that he graciously opens up the scriptures to me. It is God who has given me this writing ministry.

Please share these messages with all your friends/contacts/prayer groups and house groups

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT INTO THE WORLD

Please also take time to view the featured page links

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

1 Thessalonians 4

9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;

I love these verses. This church was just full of Love

How was this Church full of Love. I love the phrase, that they were taught of God to love one another verse 9

The example of Love given by the Lord Jesus in John chapters 13-17, must of been read and re-read by these Christians. What an example of Love Jesus is, he was the fullest expression of Love. He was love in action, love in evidence, love given selflessly.

This church was a living breathing example of the Love of Jesus. Can I ask you is your life a living example of the Love of Jesus?

My prayer is that my/your love would extend and grow more and more and that this would be evident to all men In verse 9,

Paul says he need not write unto this church and share about brotherly love, would he be able to say this about your fellowship?

God bless you

Keith

Teaching 1 by JR Miller

Manifest the life of Christ in our daily living
True religion will manifest itself in every phase of life. We sit down in the quiet and read our Bible--and get our lesson. We know it now--but we have not as yet got it into our life--which is the thing we must really do.
Knowing that we should love our enemies, is not the ultimate thing--actually loving our enemies is.
Knowing that we should be patient, is not all--we are to practice the lesson of patience, until it has become a habit in our life.
Many know the cardinal duties of Christian life--who yet have not learned to live them. It is living them, however, that is true religion.
It must always be our aim, to live our religion--to get Christ's love of our heart, wrought out in a blessed ministry of kindness to others. Christ lives in us; and it is ours to manifest the life of Christ in our daily living.
We worship God on Sunday--in order to gather strength and grace to live for God in the six days that follow. It is evident therefore, that it is in the experiences of weekday life, far more than in the quiet of the Sunday worship and the closet, that the real tests of religion come.
It is easy to assent with our mind to the commandments, when we sit in the church, enjoying the services. But the assent of the life itself can be obtained, only when we are out in the midst of temptation and duty, in contact with others. There it is, alone, that we can get the commandments wrought into ways of obedience, and lines of character. This is the final object of all Christian teaching and worship--the transforming of our life into the beauty of Christ!
Teaching 2 by Lorraine Ezell
Coffee Break

"Faith Walks"

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

I read a quote this weekend by Dr. Tony Evans that really spoke to my heart. It said, "We are commanded to walk by faith, not talk by faith." What it spoke to me was that it is one thing to profess that we have faith and it is another to actually have it. Anyone can "talk" faith. It is easier to "say" something than it is to actually "do it". But true faith walks. It does something. It is an action, not just a profession.

For a Christian, faith is more than just what you say, but it is what you do. At the Last Supper Peter made a profession of faith, "Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples." (Matthew 26:35) But before the night was over we find Peter denying he even knew Jesus. "And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech betrayeth thee. Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew." (Matthew 26:73,74)

Look at the life of Peter again. Remember when he and the disciples were in the boat and Jesus came walking on the water? Peter spoke up and said, "And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus." (Matthew 14:28,29) What Peter said- his "profession" of faith- was put to the test. His words were not the real evidence of his faith- his action was.

James puts it this way. "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (James 2:17,18) Again, anyone can "talk" faith, but the proof of real faith is in the "walk".

Have a great day. True faith walks... not just talks.

For further reading:
Matthew 14:25-32; chapter 26
Hebrews 10:22-24

Featured Page Link
Please take time to view the Jesus film Project. See the film in your own Language. Use this as an evangelism tool
http://www.jesusfilm.org/film-and-media
My Website Link
Please view the Guest Page on the Site. This page is changed once a week and includes some of the best teaching on the web
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word